IGNORED

Callaway's Warbird clubs?? Anyone seen these?

Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I guess the new Octane and Razr lines weren't good enough, so now there is the Warbird line?  The irons kind of look like an X-18 head.  I can't even find them on Callaway's website.  Must be a box store deal for Dick's only??

pDSP1-10326184dt.jpg

pDSP1-10372451dt.jpg

FUGLY....like the Diablos

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

The driver looks like those $20 clubs you see at Dick's. They're probably comparable to the Taylor Made Burner Plus, that are only available at Sports Authority.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't get Callaway. These Warbirds, the Diablos, and the x20/22s all look so similar it's not even funny.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I don't get Callaway. These Warbirds, the Diablos, and the x20/22s all look so similar it's not even funny.

They're paying homage to what may be the best all around driver in the history of golf.

Sort of like they paid homage to a great set of forged cavity backs with their new vomitous "Edge" irons - I'm looking at them right now in the Golfsmith ad appearing on the bottom of my screen.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Not sure what the irons are, they don't look like anything Callaway has released previously.  The lofts are way off from the diablo edges, closer to the X-12's and X-14's.

Joe Paradiso

Callaway has had War Bird woods before. original WBs came out circa 2005, and the popular fairway woods featured a curved sole to reduce turf drag. This line had the famous "Heavenwood" AKA 7-Wood. Go on Callaway Pre-Owned to see a picture. Some had Memphis 10 steel shafts, others 96 gr. or 90 gr. graphite shafts | An old WB that is very good or like new can still sell for $85. I had a chance to get a "good shape" 5W and 7W this January at a Golf Expo, but opted against it because I already had a TM Raylor.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Warbirds:

4 - 23°

5 - 27°

6 - 30°

7 - 33°

8 - 37°

9 - 41°
PW - 45°

AW - 50°

The lofts are identical to the X-20 except for the 4 iron, the X-20 is 24°.   Same as the X-22's also except for the 4i and AW.

I can't blame Cleveland if they did manufacture these and end up selling them exclusively at Dicks.  Might as well try and steal some of the $200-300 box set club market from the Hogan/Slazenger/Maxfli/Acuity lines that Dick's puts out.

Originally Posted by jamo

They're probably comparable to the Taylor Made Burner Plus, that are only available at Sports Authority.

Huh, I bought my TM Burner Plus at Golf Galaxy.

The Burner Plus irons were sold by everybody.

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/TaylorMade-Mens-Burner-Plus-Irons/TaylorMadeBurnerPlusMensIronSet/Product

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by erock9174

I can't blame Cleveland if they did manufacture these and end up selling them exclusively at Dicks.

Cleveland?

WOW you guys sure do bash the Diablo's. I happen to like the way they look and play. To each his own.

Driver- TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 9.5*

Driver- Calaway Diablo 13*HT

Woods- Callaway Diablo 3 FW / Callaway Diablo 5 FW

Hybrids- Callaway Diablo 3 Hybrid / Callaway Diablo 4 Hybrid

Irons- Callaway Diablo Edge 5-PW

Putter- Odyssey White Ice #3

Callaway Warbird Stand Bag

http://Shotly.com

Originally Posted by erock9174

Huh, I bought my TM Burner Plus at Golf Galaxy.

The Burner Plus irons were sold by everybody.

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/TaylorMade-Mens-Burner-Plus-Irons/TaylorMadeBurnerPlusMensIronSet/Product

Not the irons, the driver. I've never seen it anywhere other than Sports Authority.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Can't comment on the history of Warbird irons, but the Warbird soleplate on their woods is from the 90s.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 2 months later...

I saw them at Dick's not sure where they fit into the rest of the Callaway line, but they looked like a an combination of the Diablo Edges and X-20 series.  I didn't really care for the look or color scheme.

Joe Paradiso

whoops, sorry meant Callaway

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Cleveland?

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

• 2 months later...

How do they play and hold up?  Anyone know?

Weird that most of what was said was "....they look like...." - "....must be box store quality....." - who cares?  How are they built and how do they play?

Originally Posted by Schlub

How do they play and hold up?  Anyone know?

Weird that most of what was said was "....they look like...." - "....must be box store quality....." - who cares?  How are they built and how do they play?

Doesn't sound like anyone knows for sure, but I'll take a wild guess that anyone familiar with the original Callaway BB with Warbird soleplate will be not buying this version. They (Callaway) hit a home run with the 1st generation WB.

Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!