IGNORED

TRUE Linkswear Tour Shoes

Note: This thread is 3349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

I went through the entire process up until the point where I submitted the order (I put in my billing and shipping info) and it never changed.  Wish I had known about it sooner otherwise I'd have taken advantage of it.  It's ok though, I have my eyes set on a pair of the TRUE phxs when they come out.

Tell me more about the PHX.  This is the first I have seen on this... man I am out of touch

Originally Posted by Double Bogey

Tell me more about the PHX.  This is the first I have seen on this... man I am out of touch

See one of my previous posts... I included a link to the new catalog... they are pretty awesome looking in my opinion and from what I've heard they will be $99.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Started thinking my $70 deal was too good to be true (nice pun) since Golfsmith was giving zero shipping information on and after the promised 16th ship date. When I called they said, they shipped but they could not give me tracking information. Bottom line is they did ship in the 22nd and arrived on the 24th (ordered on the 4th).

The all black TL's are good looking and feel as good as everyone says (these fit a little better than the white/brown ones I already have.. With the black laces (come with red also) they are conservative enough to wear at pretty much any club. To spice things up, I can swap out the black laces for the red laces.

I agree with others that the low heal and flexible sole make reading greens a little easier.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone got some information on sizing? I have no shot at trying them out before buying. How are they compared to Adidas Tour 360 3.0 or some Nike models? I'm big on golf shoes, so I can't let these ones pass. :-D

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

They are up on the website now. http://www.truelinkswear.com/style/ has a comparison. I don't care about the water proof versus water resistant but is the Sock-Fit liner something that people like? If I didn't have to drive 2 hours to try on a pair, I am sure I would own some by now...

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

See one of my previous posts... I included a link to the new catalog... they are pretty awesome looking in my opinion and from what I've heard they will be $99.

I have two pairs. I think the sizing has been inconsistent so get them somewhere you can return them if it does not work out. My first pair was off eBay and the right shoe is a bit tight. The second pair fit great. They run a little on the wide side and I order an 11. I am either an 10.5 or an 11 in most shoes -- 44 in most EU sized shoes. Nike runs too narrow on me if that helps.

The sock liner thing makes them a bit harder to put on, but works really great once they are on. I wear thin socks with them and they feel great for hours.

The all black originals looks pretty classy with black laces. Little or no clown-effect.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

My True LinksWear Tours will be arriving tomorrow! I have been comparing shoes over the last few weeks. I needed something comfortable to walk in other than my Nike golf shoes and after reading all the reviews on how comfortable they were, I purchased them. I ordered them from TGW.com for $99, not too bad.

Phillip

Originally Posted by x129

They are up on the website now. http://www.truelinkswear.com/style/ has a comparison. I don't care about the water proof versus water resistant but is the Sock-Fit liner something that people like? If I didn't have to drive 2 hours to try on a pair, I am sure I would own some by now...

the sock fit liner just wraps your foot into the shoe - it offers reassurance and is comfortable to me.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting this thread a bit to add in my thoughts on the True shoes.     I picked up a pair of True Tours last week and just played my first round in them.    I found them to be pretty comfy at first, although not quite as good as my Ecco streets.    There is a corner on the tongue on the Trues that pokes on the navicular bone in my ankle that bothered me for a while, but after a full round that that corner softened up a bit and felt fine.     Grip was great, and I could really feel the contour of the ground better under my feet, especially on the greens.

But the bottom line was that I shot a new personal best 74 in my very first round with the Trues.    Coincidence?   I think not.......

Clambake,

You wearing socks? I found that after a few rounds, mine feel soft enough to wear without socks -- and I love the freedom in my toes with no socks.

The Stealths have a different tongue configuration and are the softest imaginable leather. Because the Stealths do not have the "sock liner" concept, I wear socks with the Stealths.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by rustyredcab

You wearing socks? I found that after a few rounds, mine feel soft enough to wear without socks -- and I love the freedom in my toes with no socks.

Are you worried at all about smell?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Are you worried at all about smell?

Exactly!

Find thin socks if you want freedom, but save the shoes!

And our noses...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

My feet don't stink. :)

Actually, even when it has been hot as heck I find the shoes air out fast and I use little cedar bags in the shoes when storing them even when/if I wear socks.

I'm now sans socks in my workout shoes too.

I love my tours with no socks as well.  It can suck if you end up in a bunker though.  Odor eaters spray after every round/practice session and cedar balls in the toes when storing and it is all good.

As mentioned the stealth's are not condusive to no socks though.  Although they are by far my favorite TRUE

I love mine, but I do experience the tongue issue as well on my left foot, inner side, right at the rear of the arch. It's the way the shoe was folded at the manufacturer. It doesn't do that on my right foot because it's folding naturally in a different way.

The first pair I tried on also had a major issue. The padding beneath the sole (or whatever the layer that is beneath the layer that touches your foot is) was balled up at the toes. Simply a defect.

In the end of things, I'm very pleased with them.

Nike VR-S Covert Driver Project X 6.0 Tour 52

Nike VR-S Fairway Wood 3W Fubuki K Graphite Regular Flex

Nike VR-S Iron Set 3-PW, AW, & SW True Temper Dynalite 90 R-Flex

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

• 4 months later...

I've had my true linkswear tours for about 6 months now. In general, I've enjoyed them. That said, after my round yesterday, I developed a bruise on a ball of my left foot. This would be the one between my 3rd and 4th toe. I've searched the web to see if anyone had a similar complaint and/or an explanation for what happened, but nada. Anyone experience this? I live in Phoenix and spent a good amount of the round walking on the cart path (most Phoenix courses are designed around a cart). I wear a pedometer and logged about 13500 steps.

Foot is still sore 24hrs later. I wore my Sperry's, which are normally very comfortable, but don't have much cusioning, and had to limp when I walked. I put on my cole haan slides when I got home, significantly more cusioning, and can walk with only a small amount of pain.

Can anyone relate? Do Trues' lack of cushion make them grass only?

Originally Posted by jgreen85

I've had my true linkswear tours for about 6 months now. In general, I've enjoyed them. That said, after my round yesterday, I developed a bruise on a ball of my left foot. This would be the one between my 3rd and 4th toe. I've searched the web to see if anyone had a similar complaint and/or an explanation for what happened, but nada. Anyone experience this? I live in Phoenix and spent a good amount of the round walking on the cart path (most Phoenix courses are designed around a cart). I wear a pedometer and logged about 13500 steps.

Foot is still sore 24hrs later. I wore my Sperry's, which are normally very comfortable, but don't have much cusioning, and had to limp when I walked. I put on my cole haan slides when I got home, significantly more cusioning, and can walk with only a small amount of pain.

Can anyone relate? Do Trues' lack of cushion make them grass only?

I haven't had any problems with this, and I've been wearing different versions of the TRUEs almost exclusively for about 1 1/2 years now. The only time I don't wear them is at work or if I'm wearing flip-flops, other than that the TRUEs are on my feet and I haven't had any issues.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 3349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!