IGNORED

What is your best golf Moment ?

waynem80
Note: This thread is 6017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

standing at the chasm of 200+ yards over the pacific to the 16th green at Cypress Point...I nailed a 2 iron into a slight breeze to about 35 feet just left of the pin. The caddy comes over and hands me my putter and says "nothing like a nice long walk with your putter"...tears were coming down my cheeks...better than the 3 hole in one's or the double eagle.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a par 3 and hooked I it left into a 10 wide ditch with water and overhanging trees. My buddy asked me if I wanted a drop but i said not, hit it out, and chipped in for birdie. Right in his face lolz

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Got my first eagle tonight....been playing for a few years now and I can finally say I got "one"!!

Bag: Discovery
Driver: r7 460 Driver weighted neutral
Fairway:r7 FW 3 w/ Aldila NV 75S
Hybrid:Rescue 16 & 19
Irons:RAC OS 3-PW +1.25" Wedge:r7 SWPutter: Circa 62 #5Balls:NXT or ProV1'sTrying: Tour Model Blades

That has to trump all other posts

I think that was Scotton that played golf with his Grandma. My Grandma never played golf.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

The first time I chipped in, it just feels great. Still feels awesome every time I do it, since it's very rare.

In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

I was standing in the fairway on a par 4 and had about a 225 yd. shot to the green and was waiting on the group in front of us to finish putting.

These jerks playing behind us had been pushing us all day even though WE were the ones waiting on every shot (i.e. not playing slow). Finally, the group behind us started teeing off and hit several shots near us in the fairway and even grunted a few "hurry ups" assuming I would never reach the green on my approach shot.

Well, when the group finally left the green I hit one of the best shots of my life and landed it right smack on the green - best shot of my career

From that point on we didn't get pushed by the group behind us for the rest of the day

Great day and that was at least 8 years ago!

Todd

My best moment was the during my first year of playing golf. It was like my 4th or 5th time actually out on the course. We are playing a really short course with no par 5's over 500 yards. The first par 5 we come to is 388 from the whites. At about 200 yards there is a downhill slope with a stream running through so all average players have to lay up or deal with the water on the fly. I hit my driver and wound up in the flat about 5 feet from the stream. This puts me about 180 out up hill to the green. I hit my 4 or 5 iron (its been 8 years so i can't remember the club) perfect right where the green is. We get up there and can't find my ball anywhere. So i figure i must have put it over the green and i drop behind the green and chip up. I go to take the pin out and my ball is sitting in the cup. No one could believe what just happened. It felt great and that is truly the moment that hooked me on golf.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

Anytime I played with my grandma.

So true. There will always be the individual things, but golf is a social game and it's always nice to have people arround you that you enjoy when you make the incredible shots.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

The first time I chipped in, it just feels great. Still feels awesome every time I do it, since it's very rare.

Yeah, i'd have to say chipping in is a great moment, that boost your ego

wayne

I have a funny ongoing thing with my brother about chipping in. He had never chipped in before in his life. Every time I would do it (4 or 5 times a year), I would call him and tell him about it. We played in a tournament where the green was right next to a tee box that he was standing on and I chipped in right in front of him. We played a few weeks later and we came to a hole with a temp green and one of the extra large cups. He chipped in but I had to rag on him because of the big hole. Made for a lot of fun. I still don't think he has chipped in on a normal hole to this date.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I had just received my first set of clubs and was out in probably my 3rd round at 10 yrs old. Playing a long par 4, I was hitting a 7 iron from about 125 yrds out. I skulled the ball and it never went any higher than a foot off the ground. With about 25 yards to the front of the green, the ball hit a cart path sign and bent it just enough to launch the ball straight up in the air. After one bounce on the green it dropped straight in the cup for my first par ever.

Tied with:

Another long par 4 with a road that runs the entire length of the hole to the right. I sliced my drive and it started bouncing right down the middle of the road. After about 100 yrds of this a 1985 ford pickup ran the ball over and shot it dead left within about 15 yards of the green. A 450yrd drive.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

2 days ago....
Par 4-387 yards
Driver,6 Iron, 58 degree vokey wedge in to the cup for birdie!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

i was going to say that for me, nothing can compete with my hole in one, but when i was playing with my brother (12 years old, never played golf before) on friday, seeing him birdie the second hole (102 meter par three) by driving the green with my 3 wood and sinking a 2 - 2 1/2 meter putt without even lining up, that was one of the best experiences i have had on a golf course, i just started laughing when it dropped.

In the bag:

Clubs.

Playing a quiet round with my wife in the cart on our anniversary this year. It was a colder than normal day but still nice and we got out on the course and it was just us. Great talk and I was hitting the ball really well which she got a charge out of.

Close second: Par 5 on the back nine of Lincoln West. Perfect drive off the tee which rolled up to almost 300 leaving me about 224 in. Pulled out the hybrid and just tattooed it and ran it up to within about 8 feet. Putted it out and walked away with my first eagle. THAT rocked.

Eric Richardson

VP of Real Estate Agent Sales

What's in the bag:Driver: 9.5 R93Wood: 15.0Irons: 4-SW BurnerPutter:Ball: with the occasional found ProV1 Home courses: Coffee Creek and Rose Creek

my greatest moment has to be my hole on one. 187yds slightly downhill with a 6 iron. my second greatest is when i birdied 18 at rocky point to shoot my lowest round ever an 80, when all i needed was a bogey to shoot 82 and beat my previous best 83. so i was real happy to conquer the pressure i put on myself that day.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

playing div 1 pennant, i was 2 down with 3 to play and i won the par 3 16th and then i was over the back of the 17th green and my opponent was on for 2 i chipped in with my sand wedge for birdie to win the hole. i then went on to win the 18th with a good up and down from the fairway bunker haha..

I have a funny ongoing thing with my brother about chipping in. He had never chipped in before in his life. Every time I would do it (4 or 5 times a year), I would call him and tell him about it. We played in a tournament where the green was right next to a tee box that he was standing on and I chipped in right in front of him. We played a few weeks later and we came to a hole with a temp green and one of the extra large cups. He chipped in but I had to rag on him because of the big hole. Made for a lot of fun. I still don't think he has chipped in on a normal hole to this date.

That's a great story, funny

playing at Cane patch par 3 course in myrtle beach earlier this year. First time actually playing on a course not just on the driving range. My dad aces on his 8th hole ever (90yds I think), I birdied the 10th hole in front of about 40 people. First sub bogey score I ever got. What are the odds on that?

Note: This thread is 6017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!