IGNORED

What is your best golf Moment ?

waynem80
Note: This thread is 6039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Comparing yourself to tiger i see......

You "see"?

I question your eyesight. In no way, shape or form did I compare myself to Tiger. Nor would I ever. Thanks for your post. It was positive and useful.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You "see"?

Whoa there... That was meant to be taken as a joke. I apologize if you didn't get my sarcasm..

It's not unusual for that to happen, guess I'm horrible with it. Anyways Cheers mate, sorry for the confusion. wayne

Whoa there... That was meant to be taken as a joke. I apologize if you didn't get my sarcasm..

No worries. I can't smell sarcasm via the Internet, as my computer screen ain't "scratch and sniff".

Wishing good golf to you... Cheers...

Comparing yourself to tiger i see......

The great thing about golf is that for one shot, one hole, even a stretch of holes a regular guy can be as good as Tiger. I had three straight birdies on Wednesday night. For that stretch I was a great golfer. Granted I won't likely do it again anytime soon, but for 30 minutes I was in a zone. There are few other sports where anyone can do that.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Best golf moment wasn't a shot, but a golf vacation when I took my dad to Pinehurst as a retirement gift after 39 years on the job.
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

First best moment was 20 years ago when I was 12 years old playing on a 9 hole sand green course. I was a self taught slicer from watching my Dad swing. The wind was helping and I drilled my wood driver STRAIGHT with roll onto the green 250 yards away. The ball rolled up about 6 feet short. The reason it was so good is that my Grandpa (R.I.P.) and Dad were with me. My Grandpa was SO proud of me and I still remember him being proud about that shot.
My next best moment is earlier this season when a foursome offered to let me pass. I was a single walking. I accepted, then one of the guys says "Except we are all going to stand here and watch you hit." I said "No problem, it's not like you guys are going to care how I hit it anyway." He says "Oh, we care." Then I got nervous, plus my swing had been sketchy so I pulled out the driver and killed it down the middle about 310 yards.
Third best moment is shooting my Personal Best on a course that I hadn't played before. Shot a 75 and didn't know where I was going. I can remember the control I had of my driver that day was phenomenal. I could hit it where ever I wanted that day, long and straight. I can still see the ball flight from some of the drives, I was impressing myself. Followed it up the next day with a 84, don't know where the magic went but it was gone.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

The great thing about golf is that for one shot, one hole, even a stretch of holes a regular guy can be as good as Tiger. I had three straight birdies on Wednesday night. For that stretch I was a great golfer. Granted I won't likely do it again anytime soon, but for 30 minutes I was in a zone. There are few other sports where anyone can do that.

This is very true. Heck, it doesn't even have to be a stretch, just one birdie on a difficult hole and you'd be as good as tiger for that hole

Hard to decide my greatest moment out of these 2:

A Hole in One from 195 yards with 3 iron, 2 people saw.

Nailing a 270 yard 3 wood into the wind, into a tiny fairway, on the first tee of a match infront of 40 people, i got a lot of cheers!

Ping Si3 8* Stiff
Titleist 906 F2 15* Steel Stiff
Titleist 906 F2 18* Steel Stiff
Taylormade RAC LT Rifle 6.0
Callaway X Tour 54, 60Yes! Tracy

My best moment has to be this shot i hit about a week ago.
It's a 531 yard Par 5 and it's a huge dogleg left. You can layup or if you go for it you have to carry about 220 yards of water. The hole is shaped kinda weird. So Hit my drive in the fairway and when i got up to my ball i was pretty sure i was gonna layup but my playing partner said i was a p*ssy and i should go for it. So i took 5 wood and stuck it to about 15 feet. Deffinetly the best moment that i can remember.

hahah i missed the eagle putt too

Whats in my bag?

Driver:R7 425 TP 9.5*
Woods:R7 Ti Fairway Woods (3 & 5)
Irons: RAC MB TP Forged Blades (3-PW)Wedges: Forged Wedges 56* and 60*Putter: Studio Style PutterBalls: ONE BlackWhat I WearGlove: ReactShoes: Adidas Powerband"You've gotta want it. You've gotta want it more than everybody...

• 2 weeks later...

listening to my boss for the last year telling me how good he is and finally getting out to show him whos got game. I wasn't sure if I should, and have been avoiding it. but he caught me after work at a local course and said lets go play. we got in 12 holes before dark and I was +2... to his +8....
I had a great round going and now I can't wait to start working somewhere else now...lol

Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

I have not been hitting my driver well this summer. On my birthday a couple of weeks ago, I tee'd up on a 455 yard par 5 and hit my 3-wood as well as I can hit it. From about 200 yards out I hit a blind approach with my for 4 iron, just hoping to be around the green. I found the ball on the green two feet past the hole. A tap in for eagle on my birthday! Playing every other week and shooting in the low 90's, this was my best golf moment.
"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot."

pete6....
thats awsome, the best birthday gift ever, no one can buy you one of those....

ps..
I love you sig line.....
"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot."

its the truth, don't get mad,flustered,rushed,ect... take moment and a breath and then make the shot...
Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

Mine would be when I shot a 2 over par 74 in the men's open at Sunset Ranch here in the Okanagan Valley. I followed it up the next day with an 81 and I won the overall low net for the tournament. Second best moment would be my hole in one 20 years ago.

It's hard to narrow down to just one, but definitely one of my best was when I qualified for Nationals in College, and my coach let my Dad go in his place. I think at that moment I felt like my Dad was truly proud of me.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

August 14, 2007 at 10:10 I was standing on the tee box at the Old Course in St.Andrews. I had arrived at 5:10 in the morning to the starters box as a single golfer and was called at 9:50 to make the foursome with three R&A; members.
I hit my first tee shot solid to the left towards Swilcan bridge, then took a six iron, another solid hit, one bounce onto the green and a two putt par on the #1 hole at St. Andrews. I can still remember every shot of that round. I played as good as I can play, twice in the infamous bunkers and two sandies, solid drive on the road hole over the garden and par'd that hole to even the match. I shot an 83. Walking off the 18th green I sat down on those famous steps between #1 and #18 for at least a half hour and cherished the round; playing with members, perfect weather and good golf.

• 5 weeks later...
August 14, 2007 at 10:10 I was standing on the tee box at the Old Course in St.Andrews. I had arrived at 5:10 in the morning to the starters box as a single golfer and was called at 9:50 to make the foursome with three R&A; members.

That to me just sounds like a beautiful day of golf, i couldn't imagine being more satisfied myself :)...

Note: This thread is 6039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!