IGNORED

Is any one else digging the new cartoony background?

Note: This thread is 4640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah. It's so they can continue to have the website running - if you weren't such a dumbass, maybe you would of realized that

• Upvote 1

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by hunterxaz

PS: **** you for enabling such a thing.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel. I agree that it can be annoying, but it keeps it free :)

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I like a website, a sponsor, etc, why would I not naturally support a source? :/

Your contribution as a single member on the forum would not be enough to sustain the running fees for the site, hence they need to generate revenue from other streams. It was discussed on another thread a while back (http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/47080/is-any-one-else-digging-the-new-cartoony-background) and while it's annoying it's also understandable the reason why it's done.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

As a long time web guy, I thought it was pretty smart.  As a user I was annoyed at first but it took no time to get used to it.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

• Administrator

Originally Posted by hunterxaz

Is TheSandTrap that desperate for click-throughs that they'd set every area outside the forum body to link to some paid sponsor? Seriously?

The clickable area is very small. I don't click outside of the "forum body" so I'm not taken to the sponsor's site.

We have costs we need to cover and we'd like to keep the site entirely free. You can become a supporter and your $39 will go a long way. And the "site skin" continues to promote a good thing - have you entered to win the contest?

PS: **** you for enabling such a thing.

Thank you for being mature about it. As you know, you joined when the site skin was active. :-P

Originally Posted by JoelCochran

As a long time web guy, I thought it was pretty smart.  As a user I was annoyed at first but it took no time to get used to it.

As I said above, it'll run two weeks out of every month for a few months. Shotly's a good site - I really encourage everyone to check it out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I dont mind the background at all anymore, took a bit getting use to but it is fine now.

The only thing that has been bugging me lately is that the link cursor is always active on your page even when not hovering over a link.

Example: HandLink.gif

Is it doing that for anyone else?  Not really a big deal but it bothers me for some reason.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

The only thing that has been bugging me lately is that the link cursor is always active on your page even when not hovering over a link.

Example:

Is it doing that for anyone else?  Not really a big deal but it bothers me for some reason.

Yep. I'd call it a browser bug, and it kind of is... since the background is "clickable" a good browser should notice you're not really over the background. I think they might be able to change the z-index of a few things but I don't know if that'd fix it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Noooooo. Plain vanilla please.

Erik, is it possible to also enable full-width display of the New Posts screen for supporters?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Note: This thread is 4640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!