IGNORED

Best job in golf? (apart from pro or caddie)

popey
Note:Β This thread is 6099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

popey,

I agree if you want to play alot of golf stay out of the business, I've talk with some reps and they say they thought it would be a great job and plenty of free golf, not going to happen they have routes to cover and cannot take four or five hours out of the day to play, the boss is always calling and wanting to know what they sold or where their at and where their heading. Takes a few breaks to get to the top to be the boss and get the playing time but most of them are in their late 40's and 50's and not planning on leaving soon because they worked a long time to get to there.

R7Β 9.5Β S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Golf Course Designer/architect

That would be a very nice job too!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

I'm gonna go along the same line as satch_ip and say Natalie Gulbis' personal trainer. You even get to go on the road with her then, I'd even throw in personal massage therapy for free. No charge seriously!

"It took me seventeen years to get 3,000 hits. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course" ~Hank Aaron, 1971

Robert's Golf Bag:
Taylormade R7 425 w/ S Flex Aldila NV65
Launcher Steel 3W & 5W S Flex Halo 3i S Flex TA2 Irons 4-PW 588 56* , 60* X2 PutterBall: HP Distance MX

Golf course owner. Is that a job?

Man you stole mine. Most course owners I know are loaded and play everyday. Golf Courses are a gold mine.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Man you stole mine. Most course owners I know are loaded and play everyday. Golf Courses are a gold mine.

How come I have a feeling that most course owners were "loaded and played everyday"

before they bought a golf course? I am not saying that owning and managing the right property might not be profitable, but if it was as easy as you imply, I would think we would see more courses for sale on late night cable TV.
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

How come I have a feeling that most course owners were "loaded and played everyday"

I worked at a golf course. As long as you have leagues and outings you will make money. Just the money raked in on carts is a fortune. My problem is a cheap course would probably cost $10 million. Thats more jack than this truck driver has.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

... problem is a cheap course would probably cost $10 million. Thats more jack than this truck driver has.

Which gets back to my original point. If $10 million is the minimum investment for obtaining the "best job in golf" and I've got that kind of money lying around (or even the net worth necessary to secure that kind of loan), then I'm guessing I already have enough money to tee it up whenever and wherever I want. In which case, I hardly need the "best job in golf" to order to enable me to play more golf.

It's like the old elephant joke (substitute "golf course" for the animal). "I sure wish I had enough money to buy an elephant?" "Why, the heck, would you want an elephant?" "I don't. I just want the money."
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

• 5 months later...
Oh, i'm still feeling TRAMATIZED from when i used to drive the driving range cart to pick up all the balls.

Golfers took aim for me everytime, and each ball that hit the cart scared the piss outta me and made me jump :P

Retired anything. Play when you want. Or not(not an option for me).
I just counted 23 courses with in 30 miles of my house. So many courses, so little time.
I have only played about 12 of them, but I'm working on getting to all that are not too private or expensive.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

As to a job that the average joe is most like to get, I would say part-time starter at any local course. That way you can get free golf.

Or, club pro. (Not real pro, just club pro, so I can sit there with my name next to "Golf Pro" and feel proud about it.)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I reiterate Being the Super at Augusta National is my dream job.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I want the job where I have to take clients/potential customers to the golf course everyday. Not a job in the industry,per se, but your job is golf (which is more than can be said about a lot of jobs in the actual industry)!

Cameraman for the tour!
You are allowed play the course for free on the monday after the event!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15Β°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

Note:Β This thread is 6099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!