IGNORED

Rotary Swing Golf

Note: This thread is 1921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
The RST is not stack and tilt. Not even close!

And… what's that have to do with anything?

RST, S&T;, Ballard, McLean, Haney, Harmon, Hardy… it doesn't matter. All good swings (Jim Furyk to Tiger, Phil and Vijay, Jack and Arnie, etc.) have all 5SK.

Seriously, what does S&T; have to do with anything being discussed here? This thread about Chuck Q's thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow you guys are getting crazy again! I've tried all these swings... Except this 5 simple keys thing. I dig what you guys are doing, I mean everyone needs to control the club and face right? My head moves a lot but I don't really think that matters too much. This guy is right, everybody whose any good does these things anyway so it's not like it's some secret. I want to buy these DVDs and give it a shot... Buyuaa biscuits.

Wow you guys are getting crazy again! I've tried all these swings... Except this 5 simple keys thing.

I think that's a problem with a lot of golfers, they "try" swings rather than focusing on one priority piece at a time.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I think that's a problem with a lot of golfers, they "try" swings rather than focusing on one priority piece at a time.

I hear that! Need to to focus on my path mostly From what I've been told. It appears my hooks come from reacting to being way too inside out. I think I flip shit to not hit the ball off the planet right! I almost have to feel like I'm over the top , feels real weird and unnatural:(

I worked with Chuck for a long time (about 5 years) and am even quoted on the back of his book "The Rotary Swing".  When I first started with him he kept every thing extremely simple and had me playing the best golf of my life.  Over time, he became more and more technical searching for the "biomechanically perfect" swing and that's when you started getting all these minute moves that required tens of thousands of reps to master.  Long story short, trying to follow him down this path put me at odds with his original philosophy and he started contradicting himself over and over and over.  Couple that with his very nasty and defensiveness of what he was doing and he slowly robbed the joy of playing golf from me.  I am still recovering.

I'm currently a member of Rotaryswing and seem to fully agree with the above. Too many videos with explanations what to do and what not to do. When I joined my swing became better but with every swing review I had something else was wrong. My swing now feels broken and trying to fix my swing feels like work since it's overcomplicated! I will not be renewing my subscription with them.

Hi,so are you saying that in the beginning everything worked?,like there reasons for shoulder blades back?.also what's your opinion on the two inch takeaway,I've give it a go and it works for me,but that was a few shot's at the range! i was more interested in what you thought with been a member?I've been tempted myself but haven't took the plunge as yet.

Hi,so are you saying that in the beginning everything worked?,like there reasons for shoulder blades back?.also what's your opinion on the two inch takeaway,I've give it a go and it works for me,but that was a few shot's at the range! i was more interested in what you thought with been a member?I've been tempted myself but haven't took the plunge as yet.

What the deuce (in a Mr. Burns voice) is a 2 inch take-away?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

What the deuce (in a Mr. Burns voice) is a 2 inch take-away?

An oriental Lorainna Bobbit?

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

LOL,if you look on youtube on the rotaryswing channel.type in takeaway,and all will be revealed..basically it's a swing thought!let me know what you think of it

Yeah, like I mentioned it worked in the beginning. I really worked on my takeaway and the 2 inch take-away did help me a bit so that I remember not to pick my club up with the left arm. But as mentioned it will start with the 2-inch takeaway and then there's another thing and another and by the time you manage to get the "perfect" backswing you forget about everything else. The impact position and the follow through. According to rotaryswing the lower body is just there to stabilise you and you actually use your upper body (beginning of my problems). Each time I sent in a video for a swing review they concentrate so much on the backswing that in the end I had no weight shift since I concentrated TOO MUCH on that area of my swing. They really do have some good drills but in my opinion it is more for people that want to be tour players and know exactly what they are doing. Just my opinion!

Hi,thanks for the information,it sound's to me as though they string it out too keep you coming back,and make money from yourself..theirs so many instructors out there you just don't know who too trust with your game..if you know anyone out there,on the internet or youtube let me know

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently a RST member. I have read all the post on this thread just to learn more of what the golf world thinks of RST. I have improved markedly through video analysis of my swing by Craig Morrow (90-100's to low 80's). One of my good golf buddies tried it and did not fair well. I learned that the RST is not for everyone but it does work for me. So to whatever swing you have...I look forward to a good round with ya!

Mike.  I like that 'one thing at a time ' idea.  I accept intellectually but not so easy to keep the plan in mind and to not feel history. . Funny how strong is history. The 50 year history of incorrect.

Mike.  I like that 'one thing at a time ' idea.  I accept intellectually but not so easy to keep the plan in mind and to not feel history. . Funny how strong is history. The 50 year history of incorrect.

Agree it can be tough, that's why we call it being a "stupid monkey", you just have to put on the blinders and focus on making that priority piece better. I've found, myself and other golfers, you'll see improvement even if it's not "perfect", just make it better.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Open to conversation.  If he promotes the 2" shoulder blade takeaway back to the target for a 90* shoulder turn, then shouldn't it be a 2" move of the left shoulder blade back to square, and another 2" left shoulder blade move behind to a full shoulder turn follow through?  Don't get me wrong, I like this idea but I think it is grossly oversimplistic.

This is why I've been asking the question,does it really work??..it seems far too simple!! i do agree with your left shoulder blade theory,makes sense..but surely then your swing would become controlled by your shoulder blades alone?.iam still looking for the teaching method that i can trust and relate too.Herman Williams seems the best to me on youtube,followed by meandmygolf.

• 2 months later...

Infinitely more and better content than you'll find on any one hour dvd or outrageously generic magazine tip. The internet is a better way to disseminate info. $20 a month for two swing reviews and a crazy amount of content is not a bad deal (A dvd with the exact same "you come over the top and slice everything" assumption costs the same). Someone taking a scientific or quasi-scientific approach is good. I have been very impressed with the content of the site. I'm the kind of guy who geeks out on trackman numbers. The site does a good job firming up concepts like hip stabilization that are slightly at odds with some traditional instruction, but then again we now KNOW club face is predominantly responsible for where the ball starts. If the previous statement is shocking to you, start youtubing trackman and prepare to waste the next three days of your life. It shocks me how many people haven't accepted moder ball flight laws that are legitimately not debatable. Might as well claim the earth is flat

Note: This thread is 1921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!