IGNORED

Why do amateur golfers wear brand name logo hats like compensated endorsed pro's?

B of H
Note: This thread is 4647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I gravitate toward Harley-Davidson logo embellished garments and accessories. Bandana, leather vest, knuckle gloves, chaps and boots. They call me the Pirate of Pinehurst. AAAAaaaargh!

"Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness."
William Wordsworth

Gear:
Callaway FT-S Driver Nike VR Blades/wedges TM Ghøst Putter.

Originally Posted by Stonecold

I just got a 20XI Tiger Woods Hat.

Him and Charlie Sheen are my idols.

I heard they even play golf every once and a while...

Charlie Sheen is Tiger Woods winning

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

LOL, that's a difference in age. When I grew up, "raised playing baseball" meant curved bills. In fact, most of the baseball guys I know (including HS kids, to be honest) wear curved-brim hats in baseball.

Originally Posted by tmf9

Well I wear mostly baseball hats on the golf course because I only wear flat brimmed hats (raised playing baseball) , never been a fan of curved bills.  However I still do have one Puma golf hat I wear because it is flat brimmed.  But most people wear golf hats when they play golf, and golf hats have logos on them.

I cannot tell a lie...I tend to be a brand loyalty type of guy, LOL. I play a lot of softball and pretty much stick to Combat gear exclusively...mostly because I like the products and love the customer service.

Originally Posted by inthehole

brand loyalty

Then take all of the brand names out of your signature. Just sayin...

Originally Posted by B of H

I don't get it.  You are already paying for your balls and clubs...why promote titleist or whatever as if you are not being paid by them or compensated in some way?

Maybe it's just me but if i'm buying my own clubs/balls etc... then i'm not going to ***** myself out and wear some company logos.  In fact if anyone knows where I can get good quality hats that are blank and similar to the ones they sell with brand logos in pro-shops I might consider having a few made with stuff like 'not for sale' or 'read me' or 'corp golf hats suck' or something.  :)

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Flyman

Then take all of the brand names out of your signature. Just sayin...

The signatures here aren't for "promotion." They're so others know who's playing what because that information is helpful if, say, you have Club X and I'm interested in getting Club X but want to know what you think of it, for example.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Was just a joke. Maybe a smiley would have helped, lol.

Originally Posted by iacas

The signatures here aren't for "promotion." They're so others know who's playing what because that information is helpful if, say, you have Club X and I'm interested in getting Club X but want to know what you think of it, for example.

Originally Posted by Flyman

LOL, that's a difference in age. When I grew up, "raised playing baseball" meant curved bills. In fact, most of the baseball guys I know (including HS kids, to be honest) wear curved-brim hats in baseball.

Hahah you're right about that, i remember my dad used to get on me sometimes for straightening  out my brims, and he grew up playing baseball.  Guess its an age and location thing.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Originally Posted by iacas

The same as if im wearing a branded baseball cap with funky colours that you like, but dont get chance to speak to me and find out what it is?, but if it has a nike logo on it, on quick google and BHAM! got your hat..........

Promotion to me, is an actualy advert, explaining it, showing what it does. a badge, sticker, logo is merely the makers trademark to identify who sold/designed it

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

This thread seems to have been started to get a certain hat mention out there... We all promote logo's, but I think there is a big difference in wearing a titleist hat and walking around with a banner that mentions all the titleist line of golf balls.

And sure some mention what clubs they play in their signature, but if you look real close you will see a trademark logo by the big fancy bold words. There is absolutely no difference in wearing a titleist hat and filling up your signature with logos... You can put what clubs you play without all the unnecessary flair.

Some people buy hats with a logo on it because it looks nice? When i buy a hat, i buy one that looks nice... i'm not trying to advertise and i'm not expecting to get paid for wearing a hat. lol

Driver:  R9 SuperTri 10.5*

Fairway:  R7 3wood 13*

Hybrid:  Super Hybrid 17*

Irons: CG Reds

Wedges: Vr 52* 56* 

Putter: Studio Select Newport 2.5 midslant

Ball: e6

You could say the same thing about clubs, bags, clothing, everything. Though I don't see the point really, nor why this thread has gotten so large. :-\

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I agree, I don't typically consider buying hats from golf companies that I don't game equipment from but I also don't buy hats just because I own gear from the company either.  If they look good, I buy them and don't consider it as advertising for them.

Originally Posted by AustinH

Some people buy hats with a logo on it because it looks nice? When i buy a hat, i buy one that looks nice... i'm not trying to advertise and i'm not expecting to get paid for wearing a hat. lol

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!