IGNORED

Thread 47256

Note: This thread is 4698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by warbirdlover

This thread is funny and sad all at the same time.

Regards,

Brad

It is.  And you guys have made it so.  Go back to the start and see who started attacking just for the fun of it.  You could have said what you said in a respectful way and got your point accross but you chose not to.  Then you all joined in the fun.  All of you.  And anyone who tries to tell another side of this gets it too.  I'm betting most of you aren't even 20 years old.  If you are I wish you luck.  You'll need it.

The vituperation and unreasonableness of your original message set the tone for the thread.  No one's response was any less respectful than your attitude towards Dick's and Nike.  And for the record, I'm 55.  So we have more respectful behavior from you wherein anyone who doesn't agree with you must be young and immature, when the fact is that the most immature poster in this thread can be found in your mirror when you are shaving.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by warbirdlover

This thread is funny and sad all at the same time.

Regards,

Brad

It is.  And you guys have made it so.  Go back to the start and see who started attacking just for the fun of it.  You could have said what you said in a respectful way and got your point accross but you chose not to.  Then you all joined in the fun.  All of you.  And anyone who tries to tell another side of this gets it too.  I'm betting most of you aren't even 20 years old.  If you are I wish you luck.  You'll need it.

Is it just me, or all of the OP's posts reading "a"? Did he edit them because he realized he was completely out of line?

In my Walter Hagen T3 stand bag

Driver- Walter Hagen T3 10.5   3-Wood- Walter Hagen T3   Hybrids- Walter Hagen T3 3i-5i   Irons- Walter Hagen T3 6-PW   Wedge- Walter Hagen T3 56*  Putter- Walter Hagen T3   Ball-   RAW Distance Straight

Originally Posted by Ringworld

I think the point is quality.  You should be able to rely on your equipment.  You spend good money is it too much to ask for it to take on the rigors of use?  How often do you spend money on a golf bag?  I have been using my golf bag for longer than a year.  My golf clubs longer than 20 years.  Aside from the usual wear and tear I expect the best.

Is it too much to expect a manufacturer to stand behind their product?  I mean I had a pair of middle of the line Nike's.  They leak after 3 months.  I have a pair of FJ for longer than a year and they are bone dry.  Needless to say I will never buy Nike Shoes.

For me I want to know there is value in the product I buy that is part of the reason I spend money buying top notch products.  To expect a replacement is when we purchase a name brand product at a premium -- come on $150 is a premium.  You can buy much more inexpensive bags for around $100.  You buy it b/c the name and the quality associated with the name.  Not too much to ask for a replacement on your terms.

When the company offers to review the issue and take care of it....what else can they do? If the person won't send them the equipment to fix, then that's not their problem.  They can't just start sending out bags for every Tom, Dick, and Harry that calls in a complaint.  The company has no way of knowing how the bag was treated.  These things aren't put together by the skilled hand of an old man sitting at a desk that has been doing it for 50 years.  They are mass produced which means that some may have issues.  If you took every bag, or shoe in your case, that was sold worldwide and then found every one of those that may have had a defect.....I would be willing to bet the defective % would be VERY low.

To the OP, I now see your re-wording....that sounds better.  Complaining about quality and the life you have received out of the equipment is obviously up to each individual's interpretation of "quality and life."   You have every reason to complain about quality as you see fit. Me personally, I USE my bag, shoes, etc.....Sometimes they are left outside in the heat...sometimes the shoes get left in the back of the truck and it rains, etc....So I use and sometimes abuse my equipment.  If I get over a year out of a bag (stand bag, not cart), I have no complaints.  I would like for my shoes to last longer, but again, they get used in every way shape and form.  They generally last longer than my tennis shoes so I am happy.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

To the OP: It sounds like you are more frustrated than anything.  The only way to get Nike to replace/repair a faulty rivot was to have you send in your bag.  While it does suck to not have something that you need exactly when you want it, you can't bash Nike for the way they handle their warranty.

I would be frustrated too if I had 3 rounds set up and didnt have my equipment.  I was traveling with my clubs and the airline lost them for a week.  It just so happened that I had a dream week of golf set up for that same week (Cypress/Olympic Club/Pebble).  Was I frustrated. Of course I was but these things happen.

That being said, you can't bash Nike for their way of trying to solve the situation just because it would be an inconvenience to not have your bag for a few weeks. How did you expect them to fix it if you werent willing to send it to them? You have no way of knowing if they would either deny the claim; repair the bag; or send you a new bag.

Dont take this as an attack on you or anything but I think you are taking your frustrations out on the wrong people.  Sometimes the resolutions to certain problems require an effort on both sides.  If you were only trying to vent then thats fine but you dont have to attack Nike/Dick's because they required you to put in a little effort to solve the problem as well.

I am glad you found a good cheap solution to fix your bag but was it really worth all of this trouble?  In the end $5 fixed all of your problems.

Currently in the Grom: Driver: Ping G15 13.5;  Woods: Adams XTD 5W 18.5, TM R11 7w 22; Hybrids: Cleveland Mashie M4 and M5; Irons: Mizuno JPX800 w/Nippon NSPro950 S;  Wedges: CG16 48* CG15 52* CG15DSG 56*;  Putter: Rife 2bar hybrid mallet Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome

Well you're all correct that the warranty had expired so Nike nor Dick's owed the OP anything.  Having said that I bet they could have bought a lot of Customer loyalty and free advocacy for a lousy $150 plus shipping.  Now what they bought was a customer that will tell his buddies Nike doesn't back their products and perhaps his buddies will tell their buddies.  A golf bag should last more than 18 months in normal use.

Anybody out there buy Sears Craftsman tools because they will, without question, replace any broken Craftsman tool you bring into the store for free without question?  Craftsman tools are not supposed to break Sears will tell you.  No I don't work for Sears just trying to make a point.

Butch

• Administrator

Originally Posted by GoBlue96

Is it just me, or all of the OP's posts reading "a"? Did he edit them because he realized he was completely out of line?

He edited them. I restored them.

His placement in the Penalty Box is not a coincidence.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

Having said that I bet they could have bought a lot of Customer loyalty and free advocacy for a lousy $150 plus shipping.  Now what they bought was a customer that will tell his buddies Nike doesn't back their products and perhaps his buddies will tell their buddies.

If his golf buddies have any common sense, they would listen to his story as he told it here and realize that he screwed up by not sending it to him, as they requested.  And if they have any berries surrounding the twig, they would tell him too.

I have to say that this whole thread actually has restored my faith in society in a tiny way.   It sometimes seems a selfish "the rules aren't meant for me" attitude has become predominant these days, but in this case the responses have essentially unanimously indicated that the OPs position was not reasonable.   No one jumping on the bandwagon on how evil all companies are and how we have to find a way to stick it to them.   No support for for companies that make an inexpensive product having to bend over backward to provide a higher level of support than would be offered for a product at 100x the price.       No matter how good a company's quality control may be, there will be product that escapes with a flaw, and also sometimes things just break.    Companies offer warranties for this very reason, and retailers sell extended warranties to make extra money just in case as well.

When this thread started I was half expecting many of the posts to be slamming Nike, vilifying Dick's, and calling for a congressional investigation into this travesty of product liability.     But no, we actually have rationale responses from people who understand that in this case the system just worked, and the posters here recognize that and feel that's the way it is supposed to be.    Refreshing!

• Upvote 2

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

Well you're all correct that the warranty had expired so Nike nor Dick's owed the OP anything.  Having said that I bet they could have bought a lot of Customer loyalty and free advocacy for a lousy $150 plus shipping.  Now what they bought was a customer that will tell his buddies Nike doesn't back their products and perhaps his buddies will tell their buddies.  A golf bag should last more than 18 months in normal use.

Anybody out there buy Sears Craftsman tools because they will, without question, replace any broken Craftsman tool you bring into the store for free without question?  Craftsman tools are not supposed to break Sears will tell you.  No I don't work for Sears just trying to make a point.

Given what the OP was stating, I dont agree with your post.  The Nike warranty didnt expire and did offer a solution by having him send his bag back to them for them to repair/replace.  He chose not to send the bag because he didnt have a spare.  He emailed them a picture of a bag and expected them to send him a new one no questions asked.  I dont know any company that will send you a new product if you send them a picture of a broken one.

I have a ton of Craftsman tools but you do have to bring back the broken tools in order for them to replace them.  I have never heard of them replacing tools if you bring in a picture of a broken craftsman tool.

So many things/opinions have been flying back and forth in this thread.  It is hard to get the original story straight.

Currently in the Grom: Driver: Ping G15 13.5;  Woods: Adams XTD 5W 18.5, TM R11 7w 22; Hybrids: Cleveland Mashie M4 and M5; Irons: Mizuno JPX800 w/Nippon NSPro950 S;  Wedges: CG16 48* CG15 52* CG15DSG 56*;  Putter: Rife 2bar hybrid mallet Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome

Originally Posted by marengo

stuff that disappeared somehow

Maybe if Dicks offered to ship the bag back for him the story might have had a different ending. Golf Town offered to send my PING driver to PING for me, even though they said damage on the face was purely cosmetic (they're right - still using it a year later),  If they'd done nothing at all, that would have left a sour taste. I wouldn't have started a thread about it, but I'm just sayin'.

PS. I'm loving the rotating thread title as well.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Clambake

I have to say that this whole thread actually has restored my faith in society in a tiny way.   It sometimes seems a selfish "the rules aren't meant for me" attitude has become predominant these days, but in this case the responses have essentially unanimously indicated that the OPs position was not reasonable.   No one jumping on the bandwagon on how evil all companies are and how we have to find a way to stick it to them.   No support for for companies that make an inexpensive product having to bend over backward to provide a higher level of support than would be offered for a product at 100x the price.       No matter how good a company's quality control may be, there will be product that escapes with a flaw, and also sometimes things just break.    Companies offer warranties for this very reason, and retailers sell extended warranties to make extra money just in case as well.

Oh, don't give us too much credit.  At least 2/3 of us would have reacted like the OP if it had actually happened to us .  We're only taking the high road because it feels good to criticize someone else's frustration.

Or am I just projecting? :-)

I do understand the frustration, and I've been known to get pretty annoyed by perceived mistreatment.  Fortunately, I usually cool down and realize that maybe I'm asking too much before I post it on a public forum...  I thought the rephrased complaint posted this morning (or last night?) was much better.  If you do get a piece of defective equipment, it can be a pain in the ass to get by without it while it's fixed.  Letting people know you were disappointed in the sample you got, and that the service wasn't stellar is all fine, and can be valuable to someone trying to decide whether a particular product or company will be a good choice.  But you've got to keep things in perspective.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Originally Posted by zeg

Oh, don't give us too much credit.  At least 2/3 of us would have reacted like the OP if it had actually happened to us.  We're only taking the high road because it feels good to criticize someone else's frustration.

Or am I just projecting? :-)

I disagree 100% .  If the OP had expressed his frustration in a rational and thoughtful way instead of coming across as a petulant child who was willing to slander two reputable companies because he didn't get the exact treatment he thought he was worthy of, then people would have been sympathetic and compassionate; that's what makes most people feel good. What was being critized was the OP's delusions of grandeur and heighted sense of entitlement. 2/3 of us would have reacted in that way? LUDICROUS And just because he attempted to couch his complaint in a different way after hearing about it from others (and lashing out against them first), doesn't make him any more sympathetic.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Originally Posted by Elvisliveson

I disagree 100%.  If the OP had expressed his frustration in a rational and thoughtful way instead of coming across as a petulant child who was willing to slander two reputable companies because he didn't get the exact treatment he thought he was worthy of, then people would have been sympathetic and compassionate; that's what makes most people feel good. What was being critized was the OP's delusions of grandeur and heighted sense of entitlement. 2/3 of us would have reacted in that way? LUDICROUS  And just because he attempted to couch his complaint in a different way after hearing about it from others (and lashing out against them first), doesn't make him any more sympathetic.

You disagree 100% with my glib self-deprecating comments?  Great.

The guy restated his story in more acceptable terms.  Do you find it productive to continue bashing him personally?  Whether you're correct in your assessment of his intentions and personality or not, letting it go might have led to a more interesting discussion.  Maybe not, but continuing with that line of discussion is at least as childish as anything else on the thread.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Note: This thread is 4698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!