IGNORED

Thread 47256

Note: This thread is 4698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The guy realized he was wrong and posted his feelings and opinion about the situation in a more rational fashion.  Takes a big person to take the heat he did here and then do the right thing, I'd say it's time to move on and play some golf.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

The guy realized he was wrong and posted his feelings and opinion about the situation in a more rational fashion.  Takes a big person to take the heat he did here and then do the right thing, I'd say it's time to move on and play some golf.

That's actually not what happened. He lashed back with a vengence and made about a half dozen really nasty derogatory posts first, which he tried to delete by typing "a". The moderators saw what he posted and sent him to the penalty box as a consequence. Only when faced with this did he become "rational".

And Zeg, you were the one who kept it going by saying 2/3 of the posters here would have acted in the same manner and only critized him to "feel better". I say a pseudo-intellectual statement like that is designed to make you feel better, like you are above the fray,

• Upvote 1

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I saw the posts before he edited them but he did eventually become rational.   I'm not sure what you'd suggest we do at this point but move on.

Originally Posted by Elvisliveson

That's actually not what happened. He lashed back with a vengence and made about a half dozen really nasty derogatory posts first, which he tried to delete by typing "a". The moderators saw what he posted and sent him to the penalty box as a consequence. Only when faced with this did he become "rational".

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I saw the posts before he edited them but he did eventually become rational.   I'm not sure what you'd suggest we do at this point but move on.

I agree and had moved on. It was Zeg's derogatory comment that 2/3 of the people here would have acted in the same manner and that they criticized the guy to feel better about themselves that I was taking issue with. That's the only reason I brought it up; most people wouldn't have carried on that way.

• Upvote 1

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

For whatever it is worth if it had been me I'd have shipped the bag back for warranty consideration.  But then I keep a spare set of clubs and bag for when my Grandson come visiting so I could have still played.  But I still think Nike could have done themselves some good (or Dick's for that matter) by just replacing the bag since it was a manufacturing defect (no washer where one is supposed to be).  But no question, and I said, neither Dick's or Nike owed the OP anything if he was unwilling to follow the established procedure.

Originally Posted by marengo

Given what the OP was stating, I dont agree with your post.  The Nike warranty didnt expire and did offer a solution by having him send his bag back to them for them to repair/replace.  He chose not to send the bag because he didnt have a spare.  He emailed them a picture of a bag and expected them to send him a new one no questions asked.  I dont know any company that will send you a new product if you send them a picture of a broken one.

Butch

Originally Posted by warbirdlover

Now I have spent a few thousand dollars at Dick's in the last couple years so they should really kiss my a**.

When I worked retail in my younger days people would always say that line to me. I'm sure Dicks has customers that spend waaaaaaaay more than that in a couple years, and I'm sure they would manage to stay open without that money. Stores 90% of the time will try to do all they can to make a customer happy regardless of the amount of money you spend there

What's in my sunmountain.gif C-130 Bag:
callaway.gif -Razr X Black irons

RBZ 3 Hybrid

-Burner 2.0 3 wood

- Burner Driver 9.5*

SCOR Golf- 41* 45* 49* 53* 57* wedges

odyssey.gif White Ice 2 Ball Putter

-Pro V1X balls

Originally Posted by warbirdlover

A replacement bag, really?

Yes!  The bag was still in warranty.  Why shouldn't I expect a new or repaired bag?  And I hope your Samsung breaks.

really? Very nice. Nike may have ended up sending you a new bag. But expecting them to send you one before they've had a chance to examine the damage is unrealistic.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by Elvisliveson

And Zeg, you were the one who kept it going by saying 2/3 of the posters here would have acted in the same manner and only critized him to "feel better". I say a pseudo-intellectual statement like that is designed to make you feel better, like you are above the fray,

Clearly you didn't understand my post.  Good luck with that psychoanalysis gig, though.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

The general retail public can be very unreasonable at times...

slightly off-topic, but...

One of my computer repair customers called me back accusing me of not removing all the viruses from his computer.  I'm sure I did (he looked at alot of p*rn, so most likely he got re-infected), but I told him to bring it in and I'd take a look at it and if so, complete the work at no extra charge.  No...that wasn't good enough, he demanded a full refund ($99), sent to him, without letting me look at it.  Sorry, that's not how it works.  All companies (large and small) have to guard against fraud, so having the owner send it back so they can examine it is perfectly reasonable.

Besides, I'm sure the OP could've borrowed a bag from someone else for a week, heck, I have 2 extra ones sitting in my garage.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Maybe if Dicks offered to ship the bag back for him the story might have had a different ending.

He still would of resisted due to his lack of a replacement bag.  In this case, I am sure he would've expected Dick's to take a brand new bag off the shelf to replace the damaged one before Dick's had the chance to ship it back to Nike for review.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

He still would of resisted due to his lack of a replacement bag.  In this case, I am sure he would've expected Dick's to take a brand new bag off the shelf to replace the damaged one before Dick's had the chance to ship it back to Nike for review.

Well, the thing that is the most unfortunate is that if Dick's had had a competent local repair service (maybe they do, I think they do shafting or at least grips at some of them, but I don't know) and been able to take a look, they could perhaps have fixed or suggested the fix that he ultimately found just by taking a look.  It didn't sound like a repair major enough to need to go back to the factory.  A more personable shop would probably volunteer to have a look whether or not they're in warranty, and if it was so minor might even just do the fix without a charge.  Heck, in some cases even just taking a look and declining to do the work for free would at least placate an annoyed customer.

But that's just not the way big, pure retailers like Dick's operate... Certainly with their warranty policies they had no obligation to do this so I don't mean to agree with the vitriol, but it could have led to a different result.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Originally Posted by zeg

Well, the thing that is the most unfortunate is that if Dick's had had a competent local repair service (maybe they do, I think they do shafting or at least grips at some of them, but I don't know) and been able to take a look, they could perhaps have fixed or suggested the fix that he ultimately found just by taking a look.  It didn't sound like a repair major enough to need to go back to the factory.  A more personable shop would probably volunteer to have a look whether or not they're in warranty, and if it was so minor might even just do the fix without a charge.  Heck, in some cases even just taking a look and declining to do the work for free would at least placate an annoyed customer.

But that's just not the way big, pure retailers like Dick's operate... Certainly with their warranty policies they had no obligation to do this so I don't mean to agree with the vitriol, but it could have led to a different result.

Very good points.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 4698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!