IGNORED

My Swing (q7w)

Note: This thread is 3600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here is a video of my swing. I wasn't using a left handed club as I didn't have my clubs with me when I shot the video. Anyone have any suggestions or advice? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Originally Posted by q7w

Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

hit a ball. everybody's practice swing looks great, not so much when you're  hitting an actual ball.

You can click the little film strip icon in the editing toolbar to embed the video and make it easier for people to see.

First reaction, I think we finally may have have a contender for Adam Goodman's title of best-dressed swing model.

Seriously, though, the biggest thing to my eye would be how much you move off the ball in the backswing, as illustrated below. Got to think it's hard to make consistent contact with that much lateral shifting going on.

Try hitting some balls while concentrating on your right knee flexing out to your right toe rather than in towards your left heel. To do this, you will have to feel like you are keeping a lot more weight on the lead foot. That will help keep you more centered as you turn back.

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Stretch

You can click the little film strip icon in the editing toolbar to embed the video and make it easier for people to see.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I really had no clue I was moving that much. I'll definitely put your suggestion into my routine.

Should my right arm be straighter than it is? I have been working on that but it seems as soon as I get to the top of the swing the arm breaks.

Ok I just uploaded a slow motion version. I'm not sure if it's necessary, but what the heck

hmmm where to start

well you hit the ball

start by changing your grip

place a small beachball or soccer ball between your arms and work on staying connected

work on the 3-9 drill and focus on keeping your right arm straight

this should be enough for about 2wks

Get a collared shirt, some nice shorts, golf shoes, and turn your hat around.

What are your misses usually like? I think eventually you would want to work on getting your right arm more straight but maybe that shouldn't be the first thing.

I only tell you to turn the hat around because I like the logo.

thanks for the tips guys

I plan on playing 9 holes with the local pro

it's kind of pricey, but I believe it will greatly improve my game

and it obvious I need to work on my grip, as I have been experimenting with different set-ups and it's not really giving me any improvement

Note: This thread is 3600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!