Jump to content
IGNORED

Father's Day Golf


Note: This thread is 3617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

I didn't see a topic for this, but if there is, please direct me.

Who's going out for some father-son golf today? I'll be playing at the most expensive place I've ever played - The Golden Fox of Fox Hills in Plymouth, MI. It's 56 bucks a person with a cart - the most expensive I've ever played.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My 12 year old son joined me at the range today as part of his Fathers day gift to me.  Other than TW 2012 on Xbox 360, he thought golf was an "old mans" sport but I think he caught the addiction today.  He hit a rented 3w pretty well after some basic instruction.  It was great to see his face beam with pride when he hit the ball solid.  While we drove home from the range he asked when I was going to the range again, I told his during the week and he asked if he could go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will be playing tomorrow, and Tuesday as weekday rates are cheaper.  My wife said go enjoy yourself once for me, once for the baby.  We will see how I shoot on back to back days.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Mattplusness

I didn't see a topic for this, but if there is, please direct me.

Who's going out for some father-son golf today? I'll be playing at the most expensive place I've ever played - The Golden Fox of Fox Hills in Plymouth, MI. It's 56 bucks a person with a cart - the most expensive I've ever played.


Hope you had a great father's day.  I played as well, but the kids are a bit too young to join me just yet.  I'm more interested in your most expensive round- I don't think I've played a course that cheap in 10 yrs.  Around here, weekend rates at any course is $80-140.  Enjoy it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed a pre-Father's Day round on Saturday, and spent Sunday with the extended family at the traditional Father's Day cookout.

I played at Blackstone National (http://www.bngc.net/)  for the first time in ~5 years (got hooked up with a threesome going off the first hole).  I don't play with strangers too often, so this was an experience (5+ hour round which is way too slow for me).  The company was good, overall, and I shot 92 which is very good for me (73.5 / 134).   This is a very nice course, and is slowly recovering from last year's drought situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Mattplusness

I didn't see a topic for this, but if there is, please direct me.

Who's going out for some father-son golf today? I'll be playing at the most expensive place I've ever played - The Golden Fox of Fox Hills in Plymouth, MI. It's 56 bucks a person with a cart - the most expensive I've ever played.


Wow. That would be one of the cheapest rounds I would ever play. Especially with a cart. That course looks nice too.

I went out with my girlfriends step dad and his son. Was a good round. Especially for his son, who shot 75.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Kieran123

Wow. That would be one of the cheapest rounds I would ever play. Especially with a cart. That course looks nice too.

I went out with my girlfriends step dad and his son. Was a good round. Especially for his son, who shot 75.


Oh boy was it!

The cart had a touchscreen GPS on it... told distances, layups, carry overs, and it showed a fly-over of every hole. It recorded your score and at the end of the round you could email yourself a copy of it.

Number 15 was amazing. It had 10 foot hills in front of the green. The hills were so high that the flag wasn't the standard height, it was around 12 foot I would say. Spectacular course, I'd go again if it wasn't so expensive lol. There are like 10 courses within a respectable distance from my house that are under 30 bucks and are equally as manicured.

That GPS thing though... man was it nice to have that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt,

By ANY chance do you recall the manufacturer?  I sell into these types of accounts and being a golf nut I'm always very interested in this kind of thing.

At any rate, I played Saturday and Sunday with my father and had a great time.  Shot two of the best rounds I've shot recently as well which never hurts.  Of course, Sunday we played from the Seniors tees which is really shorter than I should probably be playing.  Neither round topped $30 per person.

Gotta love Florida rates in the summer...if of course you can stand the heat and humidity!

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

Oh boy was it!

The cart had a touchscreen GPS on it... told distances, layups, carry overs, and it showed a fly-over of every hole. It recorded your score and at the end of the round you could email yourself a copy of it.

Number 15 was amazing. It had 10 foot hills in front of the green. The hills were so high that the flag wasn't the standard height, it was around 12 foot I would say. Spectacular course, I'd go again if it wasn't so expensive lol. There are like 10 courses within a respectable distance from my house that are under 30 bucks and are equally as manicured.

That GPS thing though... man was it nice to have that.



Link to post
Share on other sites


No sorry I didn't even pay attention to it. I'm sure you could give them a call though (734) 453-7272

Originally Posted by jwrussell

Matt,

By ANY chance do you recall the manufacturer?  I sell into these types of accounts and being a golf nut I'm always very interested in this kind of thing.

At any rate, I played Saturday and Sunday with my father and had a great time.  Shot two of the best rounds I've shot recently as well which never hurts.  Of course, Sunday we played from the Seniors tees which is really shorter than I should probably be playing.  Neither round topped $30 per person.

Gotta love Florida rates in the summer...if of course you can stand the heat and humidity!



Link to post
Share on other sites

My father, brother and I played Sunday.  He has a bad knee (possibly torn ACL) and a surgically repaired elbow from last year, just turned 60 today, and I believe he beat both of us.  I will try and convince him that I let him win.

Brandon

Link to post
Share on other sites

I played at the inn of St johns in Plymouth on fathers day with friends. First time playing the course, which was nice but short. Course had some tight fairways and some tough greens. Shot a 88 which isn't bad for me considering the way that I have been playing lately. I have played the golden fox about 10 years ago. Very nice course from what I can remember.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 3617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...