IGNORED

Tiger Skipping 2011 AT&T National

Kieran123

Note: This thread is 3807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wish Tiger would just go back to Harmon.   When he was with Butch he was winning majors by 10 shots.   Enough of this Haney & Foley nonsense.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by GolfBear

I wish Tiger would just go back to Harmon.   When he was with Butch he was winning majors by 10 shots.   Enough of this Haney & Foley nonsense.

Have you not been paying attention the last 3 years?.......

Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

Yeah...we've been saving up for a long time, and we're going with our brother and sister in-laws, who are paying for half of the trip. We spent most of the money that we can spend right now on that.

Don't act like a smartass.

Errrr....he wasn't

Sure he was. He underlined the sentence like it didn't make sense to him, and them make a smart comment. No big deal, but he definitely did.

I was acknowledging that I could see why you weren't going, but since you put it out there, why were you considering going in the first place?

Wouldn't be surprised if he just plays the majors, WGCs, Jack, Arnie, and his events here on out.

Perhaps, but there's no guarantee he's going to qualify for some of these events. He's safe in the majors basically forever, of course. And if he gave up PGA Tour membership, Jack and Arnie would no doubt give him sponsor's exemptions. But he's dropping fast in the world rankings, and while he qualifies for the field at Firestone based on his Ryder Cup membership, he's not a lock for the HSBC and the WGCs beyond that. Most awkward of all, he may not qualify for his own Chevron Challenge tournament, as the 2 special exemptions in the Chevron field must be awarded to players in the world top 50. This was a condition of the event being included in OWGR, something that Tiger apparently lobbied quite heavily for.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2008-10/20081002tigertourney

Originally Posted by iacas

Whatev. :-P Really makes you wonder just why in the hell he tried to play at The Players.

I've been wondering what the hell he was thinking there too. If the knee is so messed up he needs to stay out this long and then who knows how much longer it seems it should've been obvious not to play at The Players. Maybe he really made it worse during those 9 holes at The Players. Maybe he just makes really bad decisions .

Originally Posted by jshots

I've been wondering what the hell he was thinking there too. If the knee is so messed up he needs to stay out this long and then who knows how much longer it seems it should've been obvious not to play at The Players. Maybe he really made it worse during those 9 holes at The Players. Maybe he just makes really bad decisions .

I think the Players was a wake up call (to him and the doctors) to really give it time (this is the same guy that played with a broken leg).

Originally Posted by motteler621

I think the Players was a wake up call (to him and the doctors) to really give it time (this is the same guy that played with a broken leg).

Why do people keep repeating this? He did NOT play with a broken leg.

Because we really wanted to see Tiger and would have paid the money to. It's rare that the PGA Tour comes this close to where we live. But since he's not playing, we would rather save the money because we really need it right now. We'll go to another tournament for sure, probably next year.

I thought the poster was referring to Tiger playing thru the 2008 US Open with the torn ACL and double stress fracture in his left tibia ... not this year's Players.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Why do people keep repeating this? He did NOT play with a broken leg.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Have you not been paying attention the last 3 years?.......

I'm really struggling to understand what you mean.   Yes Tiger has won in the last three years but he's been no where near as dominant as when he was with Harmon.   Look at his margin of victory in his wins under Harmon versus those under Haney.    It's not even close.

Originally Posted by GolfBear

I'm really struggling to understand what you mean.   Yes Tiger has won in the last three years but he's been no where near as dominant as when he was with Harmon.   Look at his margin of victory in his wins under Harmon versus those under Haney.    It's not even close.

I agree that he was great under Harmon, but to me it's not margin of victory, it's the number of victories. And I believe he has won more total tournaments under Haney if I'm not mistaken...don't feel like looking it up right now. Either way, if he would have kept Harmon's swing his whole career, he would be injured even worse...especially with that "leg-snapping" thing he used to do for extra power.

I agree that he was great under Harmon, but to me it's not margin of victory, it's the number of victories. And I believe he has won more total tournaments under Haney if I'm not mistaken...don't feel like looking it up right now. Either way, if he would have kept Harmon's swing his whole career, he would be injured even worse...especially with that "leg-snapping" thing he used to do for extra power.

This.

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

Yea, I didn't get anything smartass about his comment either.

Well, I certainly did. Maybe I see it differently. Either way, what's the big deal? This isn't a forum to argue...let's get back on topic.

Note: This thread is 3807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!