IGNORED

Tiger Skipping 2011 AT&T National

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think, almost by definition, a forum is a place where people will argue.

Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

Well, I certainly did. Maybe I see it differently. Either way, what's the big deal? This isn't a forum to argue...let's get back on topic.

At this point, Tiger should just take the year off.  To me, it's worth it if it gives his knee sufficent time to heal to the maximum it can.

Right now, it seems like he is feeling pressure to come back.  Maybe it's from the sponsors whom are paying him millions which is the only logical reason I can come up with why he even tried to play at the Players.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Hopefully he's spending a lot of time practicing his putting.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

At this point, Tiger should just take the year off.  To me, it's worth it if it gives his knee sufficent time to heal to the maximum it can.

Right now, it seems like he is feeling pressure to come back.  Maybe it's from the sponsors whom are paying him millions which is the only logical reason I can come up with why he even tried to play at the Players.

I don't think the injury is quite that bad--not bad enough to keep him out for the rest of the year. When he's 100%, he's going to come back. There is no time to waste, he can't continue to skip majors. Maybe not playing the British Open would be a good decision, but I'm pretty confident he'll be 100% in time for the PGA Championship.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

Originally Posted by Stretch

Hopefully he's spending a lot of time practicing his putting.

I would hope so. I just watched highlights on YouTube of him missing 2 and 3 foot putts at the Masters, and I'm here practicing putting in my house and am having absolutely no problem draining them, even with lots of break in them. Those were just terrible. I'm kind of debating with myself whether he should go back to the Scotty Cameron or not.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

I don't think the injury is quite that bad--not bad enough to keep him out for the rest of the year. When he's 100%, he's going to come back. There is no time to waste, he can't continue to skip majors. Maybe not playing the British Open would be a good decision, but I'm pretty confident he'll be 100% in time for the PGA Championship.

I like your optimism and certainly hope that you are right

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

His knee isnt even the real problem atm, its his achilles

I just watched highlights on YouTube of him missing 2 and 3 foot putts at the Masters, and I'm here practicing putting in my house and am having absolutely no problem draining them.

Oh ... kay.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!      Whew....

I would hope so. I just watched highlights on YouTube of him missing 2 and 3 foot putts at the Masters, and I'm here practicing putting in my house and am having absolutely no problem draining them, even with lots of break in them. Those were just terrible. I'm kind of debating with myself whether he should go back to the Scotty Cameron or not.

I won't go into the first few sentences (mostly because I can't stop laughing), but it actually seems like, at least lately, he's been putting better with the Nike Method 003.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by iacas

Whatev. :-P Really makes you wonder just why in the hell he tried to play at The Players.

A very good point.  Just MO of course but when he's in better shape (clinically) he needs to play in a good few events before he has a real shot at a major.  That is, it would be a mistake for him to just focus on the majors and not put in the grunt work.   Never forget, T. is (or was)  a marvelous touch player as well as a remarkable power player - that's what makes him so great - and touch play (in a professional tournament) isn't something you can just switch off and on like that.

I remember the short shots as much as the power plays when I think of watching him play up close at the local track (Torrey Pines).  He had it all, and will need to get essentially all of it back to win big again.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Maybe the greens at Augusta are a bit different than the carpet in your home?

Not by much, and I'm sure of that. I have a sunroom with very thin, fast carpet, and from settling over the years, the floor is slanted in different ways. Lots of break in the putts. More break than in the ones he missed in the final round of Augusta. I'm just saying, those were putts he should have drained easily--he used to be the best putter on Tour.

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

I won't go into the first few sentences (mostly because I can't stop laughing), but it actually seems like, at least lately, he's been putting better with the Nike Method 003.

Yeah, I agree. I would have never thought he would have switched to a heeled putter, always thought he'd stick with the classic blade, but whatever works. I really don't think it's that much of the putter's fault, I think he just needs to work on his putting. He did say he had changed his putting stroke slightly.

And to you who are criticizing, or "laughing" at my comment, I'm laughing at you! You have no idea what my practice area here at home is like. Don't just assume it's flat because it's not a real green.

Not by much, and I'm sure of that. I have a sunroom with very thin, fast carpet, and from settling over the years, the floor is slanted in different ways. Lots of break in the putts. More break than in the ones he missed in the final round of Augusta. I'm just saying, those were putts he should have drained easily--he used to be the best putter on Tour.

Which way does the grain grow in your sunroom?  Toward the setting sun?  You know, if Tiger spends his time working on his putting in your sunroom, he probably will putt much, much better at next year's Masters.

Joking aside, until you have tried to make a 3-4 footer when it counts , you won't know how difficult they are.  I am continually amazed at how good the guys on tour are at sinking these "easy" putts.

Note: This thread is 4670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!