IGNORED

Tiger Skipping 2011 AT&T National

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Which way does the grain grow in your sunroom?  Toward the setting sun?  You know, if Tiger spends his time working on his putting in your sunroom, he probably will putt much, much better at next year's Masters.

Joking aside, until you have tried to make a 3-4 footer when it counts, you won't know how difficult they are.  I am continually amazed at how good the guys on tour are at sinking these "easy" putts.

Please...let's not overreact. My original comment was meant to have humor in it anyway, but I guess none of you picked up on that. All I was doing was saying that those short putts he missed, he should have made. They may not be easy for everyone, but they're easy from him. Pressure doesn't bother him. If he misses a putt, it's his fault. He's learned to block out the distractions around him.

And practicing putting makes perfect. Anyone will become a better putter if they practice and practice.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

Please...let's not overreact. My original comment was meant to have humor in it anyway, but I guess none of you picked up on that. All I was doing was saying that those short putts he missed, he should have made. They may not be easy for everyone, but they're easy from him. Pressure doesn't bother him. If he misses a putt, it's his fault. He's learned to block out the distractions around him.

And practicing putting makes perfect. Anyone will become a better putter if they practice and practice.

Hennie? Dat you?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Not by much, and I'm sure of that. I have a sunroom with very thin, fast carpet, and from settling over the years, the floor is slanted in different ways. Lots of break in the putts. More break than in the ones he missed in the final round of Augusta. I'm just saying, those were putts he should have drained easily--he used to be the best putter on Tour.

So you don't think he will or for sure he won't???? Kinda confusing statement....

Originally Posted by SpacklersEdge

I seriously don't think he will ever win another Major, that's for sure.  Just my opinion, that knee seems to be wrecked.

Originally Posted by laconic517

His knee isnt even the real problem atm, its his achilles

I thought it was a combination of both.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Well, it looks more and more like my initial statement may come true...

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2011/06/truth-rumors-tiger-to-miss-remainder-of-2011.html

Originally Posted by Yukari

Figures.  Looks like he will be out rest of the year.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

The year?

I don't know about that.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I didn't see any real info in there. Notah Begay pretty much says Tiger's camp hasn't said anything. The headline will get a ton of hits tho!

Originally Posted by Yukari

Well, it looks more and more like my initial statement may come true...

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2011/06/truth-rumors-tiger-to-miss-remainder-of-2011.html

They should just give him robot legs that are fully functional and capable of moving just like human legs. Then he'd be good for life and could just worry about his game. LOL.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

This was a few days ago. Doesnt look like he was ready to play

article-2003068-0C8618EE00000578-412_468x644.jpg

That was posted either earlier in this thread or another thread at least a few weeks ago.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Originally Posted by motteler621

This was a few days ago. Doesnt look like he was ready to play

That was posted either earlier in this thread or another thread at least a few weeks ago.

oh really, lol I just looked up Tiger boot to see what he looked like with the boot and that came up in some news article saying this photo was taken a few days after tweeting about the US open. Must be old tho

Originally Posted by laconic517

His knee isnt even the real problem atm, its his achilles

Knee is definitely a HUGE part of the problem. Thing can only take so many surgeries and still try and hold up with all the torque he puts/used to put on it (thanks Butch). My uncle is going through the exact same problem right now and he has been telling me that it is so hard to make a confident swing bc when you go to make the turn you are so scared that your knee is just gonna POP and its gonna hurt like hell. I really hope he just takes the rest of the year off and lets it heal to the best of its ability. I think I can speak for a lot of people when saying that it would be EPIC to see him and rory dueling eachother for majors during the next 10 years (if the knee can hold up that long).

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

Tiger has sprained his anterior cruciate ligament , which keeps the knee intact right in the middle. If that is injured, even only a mild sprain which Tiger has, it is going to be a major problem. You won't only feel pain when you turn in your swing, you'll feel pain when walking and even moving your knee. I have it highlighted in yellow here:

KNEE INJURIES--Anterior Ligament.jpg

Unfortunately, maybe taking the rest of the year off wouldn't be a bad idea. Being the big Tiger fan I am, I want to see him out on the course ASAP, but I would rather have him be 100% healed. If he's 100% healed in time for the PGA Championship, then I say he should play. When he's 100%, he's 100%...sitting around at home for a few more weeks or months isn't going to make him 120%. So whenever he's fully healed, he should come back, and we don't know exactly when that will be.

yea he really needs to find a swing where he doesnt snap that knee. Hes still snapping it with foley, Foleys going to have to be creative to find a way around it if Tigers going to stick with him.

Originally Posted by motteler621

yea he really needs to find a swing where he doesnt snap that knee. Hes still snapping it with foley, Foleys going to have to be creative to find a way around it if Tigers going to stick with him.

He is? I thought he said he hasn't done it for a few years now.

Looks like he will most likely skip the Open as well....

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/124660544.html

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

He is? I thought he said he hasn't done it for a few years now.

He says a lot of things.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!