IGNORED

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

Note: This thread is 1280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay, I'm done. This guys is obviously too stupid to know when he is being mocked. I was being sarcastic. What a moron. [quote name="famousdavis" url="/forum/thread/47724/ping-eye-2s-are-the-best-irons-ever-created/162#post_619914"]

I hate having to take on the roll of educating everyone on this forum.  A scratch player is not good enough to play on the PGA Tour.  I usually shoot right at par or a couple over.  Those scores generate a scratch handicap.  Let me explain something to you globule, your handicap is determined by the average of your last 10 best scores out of the last 20.  A scratch player isn't even close to being good enough to compete on tour.  Plus, I love my job and don't need the dough.  Rory had a good week but i seriously doubt he'll go on to win more than 3 or 4 majors.

[/quote] I know how to calculate a handicap. I keep all my stats and handicap on a spreadsheet and do it myself. I just assumed that someone who was the best ballstricker he knows, using the greastest clubs ever produced, would have a chance to turn pro. That was the premise behind the movie "Tin Cup". A great ballstriker makes it to the Open. Are you a better ballstriker than the guys on Tour? And please, since I am done replying to this thread, can you answer a direct question instead of sidestepping it? Like 'Shorty's question about how an iron can be accurate. Here all these years I always assumed it was the swing, but now I realize that if I get some Ping Eye 2's with the ZZ Lite shaft all my problems go away? Whatever. A great ballstriker is a great ballstriker with any clubs. A great ballstriker would know that.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

He shouldn't.  He doesn't play PING Eye 2s, if he does he's not a 3 handicap, doesn't drive a BMW, etc, etc.  This is internet trolling 101.  He set up an account to f*** with a bunch of real golfers on the internet, and he's doing an awfully good job.

Originally Posted by LfSideStrngSide

This guy just blows my mind

Originally Posted by famousdavis

I hate having to take on the roll of educating everyone on this forum.  A scratch player is not good enough to play on the PGA Tour.  I usually shoot right at par or a couple over.  Those scores generate a scratch handicap.  Let me explain something to you globule, your handicap is determined by the average of your last 10 best scores out of the last 20.  A scratch player isn't even close to being good enough to compete on tour.  Plus, I love my job and don't need the dough.  Rory had a good week but i seriously doubt he'll go on to win more than 3 or 4 majors.

Why no love for bread products? Have the PING Eye 2s even replaced grains and cereals in your balanced diet? Is there anything they can't do?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by goblue107501

Okay, I'm done. This guys is obviously too stupid to know when he is being mocked. I was being sarcastic. What a moron.

I know how to calculate a handicap. I keep all my stats and handicap on a spreadsheet and do it myself. I just assumed that someone who was the best ballstricker he knows, using the greastest clubs ever produced, would have a chance to turn pro. That was the premise behind the movie "Tin Cup". A great ballstriker makes it to the Open. Are you a better ballstriker than the guys on Tour?

And please, since I am done replying to this thread, can you answer a direct question instead of sidestepping it? Like 'Shorty's question about how an iron can be accurate. Here all these years I always assumed it was the swing, but now I realize that if I get some Ping Eye 2's with the ZZ Lite shaft all my problems go away? Whatever. A great ballstriker is a great ballstriker with any clubs. A great ballstriker would know that.

First, calling names as you did in your post is a sure sign of weakness.  So, my weak friend, I will try to explain to you in the simplest terms possible whey the Ping Eye 2 irons are more accurate.  But, before I begin, I should point out to you that most handicap organizations will calculate your handicap for you.  You don't need to get out your ancient HP 12C and spend hours at your desk trying to figure it out.  Just a thought for ya.

The Ping Eye 2 is the most accurate iron ever created.  Surely you've seen tests where different irons were tested using Iron Byron?  Did you notice the results were different?  That means that different irons yield different results.  So, all other things being equal, the Ping Eye 2 iron will always be more accurate.  I've never seen anyone strike the ball better than me and I've tried just about every iron out there.  Since that's the case, and since I hit the Ping Eye 2 more accurately than any other iron, it stands to reason that it's the most accurate iron out there.  Carry on.

Ha ha ha ha!  The fact that he can't spell is the icing on the troll cake.  Clearly he's here just for an internet d*** measuring contest, and if he's a scratch golfer then I probably can't beat him on the links...but I could fight him.  So there-your PING Eye 2s are the greatest clubs ever made, you're an incredible golfer (and negotiator!), but you can't beat me in a fight.  The world is right again.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Why no love for bread products? Have the PING Eye 2s even replaced grains and cereals in your balanced diet? Is there anything they can't do?

Originally Posted by max power

Ha ha ha ha!  The fact that he can't spell is the icing on the troll cake.  Clearly he's here just for an internet d*** measuring contest, and if he's a scratch golfer then I probably can't beat him on the links...but I could fight him.  So there-your PING Eye 2s are the greatest clubs ever made, you're an incredible golfer (and negotiator!), but you can't beat me in a fight.  The world is right again.

Well, at least I understand your roll now as the spelling nazi.  I guess every forum needs someone who's willing to lurk around the boards all day and look for errors.  I'm sure you are a good fighter.  Most people who know how to fight brag about it on golf forums.  I will be sure to stay clear of you. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to golf discussion.  I'm sure there's a forum out there for angry little men so please be on your way toward finding it.  My deepest sympathies.

Your post was poorly written and I hope I see improvement in the next one.   Eye 2 irons on Ebay is proof of their popularity.  Lot's of trading going on.  You might want to take Economics 101 there old chap.  You see, when there's a great deal of activity on a particular product it means that it's popular to the consumer.  For the most part Ping halted mass production of the Eye 2s after 1992.  If there's still a ton of them on Ebay it stands to reason they're still a popular item and loved by millions.  Don't act jealous just because you don't own a set.

You think Shorty is jealous of you?  He has thick skin, there is no way you can get to him.

Rory had a good week but i seriously doubt he'll go on to win more than 3 or 4 majors.

Crap, I take it back.  Beware the wrath.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Your inability to differentiate between the words "roll" and "role" is embarrassing to you and everyone else who uses the English language.  Calling some a "Nazi" when they disagree with you or have pointed out an error is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  My fighting challenge was tongue-in-cheek, a troll post if you will-and you should know plenty about that.  I'm a peace loving big guy (who knows how to fight).  I'm not stupid, I wouldn't start a fight with you-I'd snap the precious shaft of each of your PING Eye 2s in half and give you $89 so you could negotiate yourself a replacement set.

Just noticed your superfluous apostrophe in the word "lots."  Nice touch.  Put down the PINGs and pick up Success With Words or The Elements of Style.

Well, at least I understand your roll now as the spelling nazi.  I guess every forum needs someone who's willing to lurk around the boards all day and look for errors.  I'm sure you are a good fighter.  Most people who know how to fight brag about it on golf forums.  I will be sure to stay clear of you. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to golf discussion.  I'm sure there's a forum out there for angry little men so please be on your way toward finding it.  My deepest sympathies.

Well, at least I understand your roll ROLE now as the spelling nazi.  I guess every forum needs someone who's willing to lurk around TROLL the boards all day and look for errors UNSUSPECTING MEMBERS.  I'm sure you are a good fighter.  Most people who THINK THEY know how to fight GOLF brag about it on golf forums.  I will be sure to stay clear of you ON THIS BOARD UNTIL I AM BANNED. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to golf discussion LIES AND OTHER OBNOXIOUS BEHAVIOR.  I'm sure there's a forum out there for angry  IMMATURE little men so please be on your way toward  HELP ME TOWARD finding it.  My deepest sympathies FOR HAVING TO PUT UP WITH ME.

Modified to make more sense.

The Ping Eye 2 is the most accurate iron ever created.  Surely you've seen tests where different irons were tested using Iron Byron?  Did you notice the results were different?  That means that different irons yield different results.  So, all other things being equal, the Ping Eye 2 iron will always be more accurate.  I've never seen anyone strike the ball better than me and I've tried just about every iron out there.  Since that's the case, and since I hit the Ping Eye 2 more accurately than any other iron, it stands to reason that it's the most accurate iron out there.  Carry on.

That's simply not true. Say it as many times as you will, but it's simply false.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by max power

Your inability to differentiate between the words "roll" and "role" is embarrassing to you and everyone else who uses the English language.  Calling some a "Nazi" when they disagree with you or have pointed out an error is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  My fighting challenge was tongue-in-cheek, a troll post if you will-and you should know plenty about that.  I'm a peace loving big guy (who knows how to fight).  I'm not stupid, I wouldn't start a fight with you-I'd snap the precious shaft of each of your PING Eye 2s in half and give you $89 so you could negotiate yourself a replacement set.

Just noticed your superfluous apostrophe in the word "lots."  Nice touch.  Put down the PINGs and pick up Success With Words  or The Elements of Style.

I'm typing fast and really don't care if I make a spelling mistake.  I'm not writing a novel here and it's pretty sad that you're hanging your hat on your ability to spell and fight.  Either you're a complete nerd or a brainless twit.  Either way I'd school you on the course.

With your broken PINGs?

Truthfully, based on your grammar, spelling, and overall level of discourse I'm surprised that you'd even use the word school in a sentence.

I'm typing fast and really don't care if I make a spelling mistake.  I'm not writing a novel here and it's pretty sad that you're hanging your hat on your ability to spell and fight.  Either you're a complete nerd or a brainless twit.  Either way I'd school you on the course.

This thread is the best laugh I've had in a long time.

I'm not sure who is funnier - Famousdavis or the people who think he's being serious. He's taking the piss.

Keep it up though as this is the one thread I am now always checking. Lets see if we can make this post famous.

But seriously I still have a set of eye 2's in the garage, must dig them out and get my handicap down. Although as they are the best irons ever bar none surely some (fool) nice member of this forum would like to offer me stupid amounts of cash to part with them. I am open to any ridiculously high offer.

Can't wait for future installments.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Just letting you know ahead of time that I'm a master negotiator.  I'll give you $89.

Originally Posted by the19thhole

This thread is the best laugh I've had in a long time.

I'm not sure who is funnier - Famousdavis or the people who think he's being serious. He's taking the piss.

Keep it up though as this is the one thread I am now always checking. Lets see if we can make this post famous.

But seriously I still have a set of eye 2's in the garage, must dig them out and get my handicap down. Although as they are the best irons ever bar none surely some (fool) nice member of this forum would like to offer me stupid amounts of cash to part with them. I am open to any ridiculously high offer.

Can't wait for future installments.

I have no time for clowns.  Run along little man.

I hit the Ping Eye 2s great during the second nine.  Two under for a smooth 70.   This game is so easy with Ping Eye 2s.  If you have the means I highly recommend.

Originally Posted by famousdavis

I hit the Ping Eye 2s great during the second nine.  Two under for a smooth 70.   This game is so easy with Ping Eye 2s.  If you have the means I highly recommend.

1166337-cool_story_bro_super.png

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Smooth, penetrating and stiff seem to be your favorite words.

Those Ping Eye 2's are seriously getting you excited.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 1280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!