IGNORED

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

Note: This thread is 1308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You ppl and your new fangled clubs, real men hit Ping Eye 1's. Black Dot..Black..like my soul... when I mercilessly strike my golf ball with no remorse.. lol

I just realized I have no idea what brand my divot tool is..hrm

In my opinion the opening poster famousdavies has got it all wrong. Sure the Ping Eye2's may be great functionality wise but they are just so damn ugly to look at. They need to be attractive to the eye too (no pun intended). It's just like women. Sure some women my be excellent at cooking, cleaning, raising a family etc but if they are ugly to look at who's going to marry them? First and foremost they need to be beautiful in the eye of the beholder. The Ping Eye2s may be excellent irons but they are the ugly girl that can't get a date to the prom.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

LMAO you are bragging. A LOT. No two ways about it.

You are an amazing golfer and an amazing negotiator. Congratulations.

It doesn't make your opinion on the matter fact.

Look Bro'.  I guess I should have used a word other than "amazing".   I'm well studied in the art of negotiating.  I have friends that ask me to go with them when they buy a new car.

Originally Posted by famousdavis

The Ping G2 iron isn't even close when it comes to playability, shotmaking and penetrating ball flight.  The G2 is an abomination and shouldn't be spoken of when discussing Ping Eye 2s.  If you play Ping G2s then you are truly lost.

I have won 3 club championships with my Ping Eye 2s.  The one time I strayed and played with Titleist 990s I lost in the 2nd round.  I'm also known at my club as one of the best ballstrikers.  Sometimes people stop and watch me at the range just to see how I hit my Eye 2s.

I think some of the people on this forum that come across as angry are really upset because I got these irons for such a steal.  If you don't know how to negotiate then you can't get the kind of deals that I do.  I'm that good.  I'm not bragging, just telling it like it is.  That's called honesty...and I think we need a little more of it around here.

Come on man, you can't be serious. You started this weird but much entertaining thread by stating you recently picked up the Ping Eye 2's and now you already won 3 club championships. Then you mention that we need a bit more honesty around here?!?

Your phrasing indicates that your completely BS'ing. People stop and watch you hit your Eye 2's? People don't stop and watch a club. They watch shots. You also said the one time you strayed was when you used the 990's? Are you telling me that an expert player is going to blame his equipment (quality gear at that!) for losing a match?

I'm sorry man but either your having a total joke at the forums' expense (which I don't necessarily condemn) or your compensating for something. Either way I personally thank you for the great laughs.

The 990b's were the sh$t!  wish i still had mine.

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

There is no such thing as the Ping Eye 1.  They were simply named "Ping Eye".  Clearly you are not a Ping connoisseur like me.  But, I have to admire you for the admission to playing the precursor to the greatest iron ever invented...The Ping Eye 2.  I've played the Ping Eye myself and I found them a trite harsh compared to the Ping Eye 2.  The original grips were pretty cool though.  Karsten pretty much did everything right.

Well, I'm off to play 18.  I usually play every Thu, Fri & Sat and sometimes on Sun.  Man, did I mention to you guys that these Ping Eye 2 + no + irons look good?  Well, they do.

I just recently picked up a set of the Ping Eye 2s

I have won 3 club championships with my Ping Eye 2s.

How recent is recent?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Well, I'm off to play 18.  I usually play every Thu, Fri & Sat and sometimes on Sun.  Man, did I mention to you guys that these Ping Eye 2 + no + irons look good?  Well, they do.

I was wondering where all my co workers went....must be going to watch you on the range....oh wait...it's lunchtime.

Well... I am off to sniff paint thinner in the garage, see you guys later!

(note:  I do not sniff paint thinner and do not condone such activity.)

Originally Posted by 1par2win

Come on man, you can't be serious. You started this weird but much entertaining thread by stating you recently picked up the Ping Eye 2's and now you already won 3 club championships. Then you mention that we need a bit more honesty around here?!?

Your phrasing indicates that your completely BS'ing. People stop and watch you hit your Eye 2's? People don't stop and watch a club. They watch shots. You also said the one time you strayed was when you used the 990's? Are you telling me that an expert player is going to blame his equipment (quality gear at that!) for losing a match?

I'm sorry man but either your having a total joke at the forums' expense (which I don't necessarily condemn) or your compensating for something. Either way I personally thank you for the great laughs.

Come on bud, get a clue.  I had owned the Ping Eye 2s many times before.  This isn't the first set that I've owned.  I was simply excited about gettting such a great set for such an amazing price.  I'm not BS'ing at all, as you say, and I don't appreciate the accusation.  It's usually the dishonest people that look for the lies anyway so I guess we all know you can't be trusted.  Of course the equipment makes a huge difference...especially when we're talking Ping Eye 2s.   I know I would have won that match if the Eye 2s were in the bag.  Are you going to tell me you think irons don't make a difference?  Where are you from...Boy's Town?

I've never laughed so much in my short time on this forum. The first post was OK I guess. There are many things in life I passionately believe in but deep down I know them to be purely my not necessarily rational preference. Later posts by the OP became more and more weird. It resembled being preached at by a new convert to a cult / religion, being told I'm damned if I don't convert. I have a game tomorrow and goodness knows how I'll feel standing over the ball with my Miuras with a nagging doubt that I've got the "wrong" irons. So if these hallowed Eye 2's are indeed the bee's knees, why has Ping bothered to produce anything else afterwards? What of everything else, Drivers, fairway woods, putters etc? Why stop there? Am I driving the right car, seeing that even divot tools need careful consideration? Very entertaining though.

Originally Posted by arogolf

Well... I am off to sniff paint thinner in the garage, see you guys later!

(note:  I do not sniff paint thinner and do not condone such activity.)

Instead of sniffing it you could use it as grip solvent to regrip your Ping Eye 2 irons.  If you don't own a set go get one.  They usually need the grips replaced.  Go on Ebay and search for the coveted Ping Man grips.  Very rare indeed and when people see you with them they will be envious.  That's what always happens to me.  I wasn't bragging about people watching me at the range.  I'm a good looking guy, good physique and I strike the ball very well.  There's nothing wrong with self knowledge.

I'm a good looking guy, good physique and I strike the ball very well.  There's nothing wrong with self knowledge.

This has to be a joke

Definately, but on whom?  Unfortunately, I think its us for getting sucked into this matrix...

Originally Posted by Dabbler

I've never laughed so much in my short time on this forum. The first post was OK I guess. There are many things in life I passionately believe in but deep down I know them to be purely my not necessarily rational preference.

Later posts by the OP became more and more weird. It resembled being preached at by a new convert to a cult / religion, being told I'm damned if I don't convert.

I have a game tomorrow and goodness knows how I'll feel standing over the ball with my Miuras with a nagging doubt that I've got the "wrong" irons.

So if these hallowed Eye 2's are indeed the bee's knees, why has Ping bothered to produce anything else afterwards?

What of everything else, Drivers, fairway woods, putters etc? Why stop there? Am I driving the right car, seeing that even divot tools need careful consideration?

Very entertaining though.

I can answer that question for you.  First, most people are like sheep.  No, I'm not talking about their fuzzy hair being used for wool coats.  I'm talking about how people need to follow the latest and greatest to feel good inside.  Plus, the original Ping Eye 2s are pretty vanilla looking by today's standards.  Today, people want a fancy medallion in the cavity and they want the lofts jacked up so that they can hit an 8 iron 150 yards instead of hitting a 7 iron.  Of course, that's insanity and purely the ego talking.  Who cares if you hit a 7 iron or 8 iron if the lofts are the same?

All of you must realize that there is no difference between the G5, G10 and G15 drivers.  Yet, if you look at review boards you'll see people swear up and down that they get 15 additional yards with the G15.  The G15 is the same size as the G5 and it looks nearly identical.  Just the other day I hit the G5 and G15 inside a simulator and they both flew the exact same distance every single time, unless I slightly missed one.  Shafts can make a difference but you might as well put the new shaft on an older, less expensive driver head.

Irons have really not changed very much since the introduction of the Ping Eye 2.  Everyone has attempted to copy it but to no avail.  Sure, you can strengthen the lofts of irons but all you do in the process is eliminate the 3 iron and add the gap wedge.

You can't compare an iron with a car.  Advances in car technology are there.   Please explain to me, Mr. Brilliant, what cavity back irons offer today that they didn't offer back in 1982?  Stronger lofts?  More choices in shafts?   OK, put the new shaft in the Ping Eye 2s.  Nothing is better than Ping Eye 2s.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Hacker

In my opinion the opening poster famousdavies has got it all wrong. Sure the Ping Eye2's may be great functionality wise but they are just so damn ugly to look at. They need to be attractive to the eye too (no pun intended). It's just like women. Sure some women my be excellent at cooking, cleaning, raising a family etc but if they are ugly to look at who's going to marry them? First and foremost they need to be beautiful in the eye of the beholder. The Ping Eye2s may be excellent irons but they are the ugly girl that can't get a date to the prom.

Hey, I'd rather have an ugly one that cooks and cleans dishes than a hot looking one that spends all my money and gives me a hard time evey time I play golf.  Secondly, your analogy is silly.  Men are attracted to good looking women.  They are not attracted to good looking clubs.  Well, in your case maybe you've got some strange fetish with golf clubs.  Hey, I'm not here to judge.  All I can tell you is that Ping Eye 2 irons grow on you like an old hag that is ugly but cooks you three squares a day.

Hey, I'd rather have an ugly one that cooks and cleans dishes than a hot looking one that spends all my money and gives me a hard time evey time I play golf.

I'd rather have one that cooks, cleans and looks good, much like my Ci9s

Well, in your case maybe you've got some strange fetish with golf clubs.

And what do you call your strange fetish with Eye 2 irons? Bordering the dangerous territory slightly?

There is no such thing as the Ping Eye 1.  They were simply named "Ping Eye".  Clearly you are not a Ping connoisseur like me.  But, I have to admire you for the admission to playing the precursor to the greatest iron ever invented...The Ping Eye 2.  I've played the Ping Eye myself and I found them a trite harsh compared to the Ping Eye 2.  The original grips were pretty cool though.  Karsten pretty much did everything right.

In order to avoid confusion with the aniti-Ping philistines rampant in the thread, I referred to the affore mentioned Holy club denoting "1" as a way to differentiate your copied version (fantastic club that it is) of the original Eye Series club from Mr. Solheim of which I refer to.  I do this in simplistic terms as you would in speaking to a child about a complicated term so that they would have no confusion I was speaking of the original, technological marvel known as the Eye series and had not forgotten to simply add the 2.

I would agree with you that when striking the ball with the original Eye that there is a certain positive feedback that might disturb those with more shall we say "Delicate" wrists, I however being extremly manly and posessing a black soul want to fully feel the shot. Please enjoy your round with the world famous and revolutionary clubs (which BTW are still being used on Tour to this day).

After further checking...My golf towell does clearly say Ping, although I'm still having trouble determining the mfg, of my divot tool.

Note: This thread is 1308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!