IGNORED

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

Note: This thread is 1307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ive resisted the troll bait till now. But his was fantaztic I especially love how humble and modest the  OP was in describing his exceptional golf game. I wonder what he thinks of the I 3 Irons?

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Ive decided that I am going to name my second born Ping Eye 2.  I havent told my wife yet.

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

Originally Posted by arogolf

Ive decided that I am going to name my second born Ping Eye 2.  I havent told my wife yet.

Haven't told her what.... the new child's name, or that you are having another child?

I'm kidding, of course! Can never be sure in this thread!

I played golf on Monday at my buddy's country club and had one of the best rounds I've had in quite awhile.  I've put the driver back in the bag (Taylormade Superfast TP 9.5) and was absolutely bombing it.  On the few holes where I didn't hit the fairway my Ping Eye 2 irons saved me every single time.  It's amazing how many different shots you can create with these irons.  On one hole I had received an unlucky bounce on my drive and ended up in this sunken-down area between the grass and shrubs, very close to OB.  I had 160 yards to the hole.  I had to hit a shot that would start left and then fade quickly back toward the hole.  I also couldn't take a full swing.  I chose the Ping Eye 2 4 iron and hit this beautiful punch shot that started out to the left and faded right back down the center of the fairway.  The ball rolled up onto the green about 12 feet from the hole.  I sunk the putt and the other 3 guys stood there with mouths agape in awe.

On the 12th hole, a devilish downhiller with water in front and bunkers on either side at a staggering 224 yards, I chose my Ping Eye 2 3 iron and hit this shot that shot off the face with an amazing trajectory that cut through the air like a missle.  I landed 15 feet in front of the hole and nearly hit the flagstick.  Birdie.

I carded a sloppy 75 (several of the putts were effected by sloppy footprints from previous players) and throughout lunch I could hear the other guys talking about several of my shots.  The great thing about Ping Eye 2 irons is the status.  People know you're a player if you're bagging these puppies.

Originally Posted by famousdavis

I played golf on Monday at my buddy's country club and had one of the best rounds I've had in quite awhile.  I've put the driver back in the bag (Taylormade Superfast TP 9.5) and was absolutely bombing it.  On the few holes where I didn't hit the fairway my Ping Eye 2 irons saved me every single time.  It's amazing how many different shots you can create with these irons.  On one hole I had received an unlucky bounce on my drive and ended up in this sunken-down area between the grass and shrubs, very close to OB.  I had 160 yards to the hole.  I had to hit a shot that would start left and then fade quickly back toward the hole.  I also couldn't take a full swing.  I chose the Ping Eye 2 4 iron and hit this beautiful punch shot that started out to the left and faded right back down the center of the fairway.  The ball rolled up onto the green about 12 feet from the hole.  I sunk the putt and the other 3 guys stood there with mouths agape in awe.

Amazing. A club that can let a player hit a punch fade.

No other club can do that. I need some of these leprechaun magic clubs.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I carded a sloppy 75 (several of the putts were effected by sloppy footprints from previous players) and throughout lunch I could hear the other guys talking about several of my shots.  The great thing about Ping Eye 2 irons is the status.  People know you're a player if you're bagging these puppies.

Have you considered putting with your Ping Eye 2 irons?  They may save you from the footprints.

And who are these guys you play with that constantly discuss your shots amongst themselves?  I've hit some borderline great shots in my day, and nobody talks about it further than saying "nice shot" or "great shot."  They certainly don't carry on about it throughout the round.

Have you seen A Beautiful Mind?  Do you see/hear these people talking about your shots even when you're at home?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Why not just use one of your eye2s to cut-chip over the footprints?

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Have you considered putting with your Ping Eye 2 irons?  They may save you from the footprints.

And who are these guys you play with that constantly discuss your shots amongst themselves?  I've hit some borderline great shots in my day, and nobody talks about it further than saying "nice shot" or "great shot."  They certainly don't carry on about it throughout the round.

Have you seen A Beautiful Mind?  Do you see/hear these people talking about your shots even when you're at home?

Brandon

It's the echo in the clubhouse after he starts bragging

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

The last thing I want to imply in my threads is that I'm bragging.  I honestly feel that I'd be doing people a disservice if I didn't explain the benefits of Ping Eye 2 irons.  I have never played such a forgiving iron that had such amazing workability.  Punches, fades, draws, skips and lobs are no problem with these clubs.  Most of the time I just play them straight at the hole.  That's the great thing about these clubs - they allow you to have courage when courage is needed.  Other clubs simply don't provide the confidence you need to hit a great shot.  BTW...I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of my playing partners talking about my shots.  It's just something they do because I always seem to pull off 2 or 3 amazing shots per round.  It's the same thing with Tiger.  I'm not saying I'm close to as good as Tiger but there are some similarities in how we approach  the game.  Did you know that he played Ping Eye 2s as a junior golfer?  Not too many people know that.  Fred Couples did as well.  I watched Freddie for two rounds at the 1987 Open at Olympic Club.  I knew he'd be big and that was before he had ever won a major.

Anyway, I'm just on this forum to share some of my opinions.  I'm kind of getting the feeling that me mentioning a country club is what got people upset about my last post.  I grew up on country clubs and that's just where I decide to play.  I have no problem playing at municipal courses. In fact, I've done it more than once this year when our private club is closed.  Have a great day gents.

I guess I don't understand people who are so quick to criticize another person's opinion.  I think this thread is extremely informative and long overdue.  For the last 25 years the golf manufacturers have led us to believe that iron performance has actually improved.  They claim that their new irons are more accurate, more forgiving and longer.  It's true that irons are longer.  Most manufacturers have changed the loft of a PW from 50 degrees to 46 degrees or lower.  So now you buy a set with 4-PW, AW instead of 3-PW.  Wow, that's great.  As far as accuracy and forgiveness nothing has changed since the introduction of the Ping Eye 2 iron.  In fact, I would argue that clubs today provide less feedback and less accuracy due to cavity inserts and vibration dampening inserts in the shafts.  Neither of those so-called improvements help your game.

The Ping Eye 2 is the ultimate iron in terms of forgiveness, feel and accuracy.  There is no iron that comes close to the playability nor will there ever be.  I'm playing mine this weekend and I plan on shooting par or better.  Obviously I have nothing to gain by getting other people to purchase a used set of Ping Eye 2s.   I've won 3 club championships with them, usually by the 15th hole.  I'm known at my club as the guy to go to for answers when your game needs help.

I hope this has helped a few of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post

Punches, fades, draws, skips and lobs are no problem with these clubs.

Is a skip an intentional top? Since it has a special name, I figure it has to be intentional.

Quote:
I'm kind of getting the feeling that me mentioning a country club is what got people upset about my last post.

Yea, thats the problem...

Can we please golf together famousdavis? I'd love to see these amazing shots so that I have something to gush over within your earshot? I'll bring my set of black dot eye 2's and you can tell me how awesome my irons are, and then I'll tell you how awesome yours are and then we can punch fade the hell out of the course together. It'll be great.

Originally Posted by chaptowngolfteam

Is a skip an intentional top? Since it has a special name, I figure it has to be intentional.

Yea, thats the problem...

Skipping the ball across the water and then having it run up to the green.  I've done it several times with my Ping Eye 2 3 iron and 4 iron.  It's actually a pretty easy shot if you've got the hand-eye coordination.  It goes without saying that a slight fade is what makes the shot work.  You hit this shot when you're in front of a lake and a tree precludes you from hitting a wedge.  I hope that answers your question.

The Ping Eye 2 is the ultimate iron in terms of forgiveness, feel and accuracy.

I'm known at my club as the guy to go to for answers when your game needs help.

Your club pro must think you're a top guy. So generous of you to do his work for him.

I don't think I'd be looking for help from such a modest player.

Especially one who describes certain irons as being "accurate".
Please, for our benefit, point oit which clubs are not capable of hitting "fades, punches and lobs".

Imagine someone changing irons because they couldn't hit a punch shot.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Your club pro must think you're a top guy. So generous of you to do his work for him.

I don't think I'd be looking for help from such a modest player.

Especially one who describes certain irons as being "accurate".

Shorty,

Yes, the pro and I do get along quite well.  He's given me some good tee times and allowed me to have more guests than is normally allowed.  If you want help you need to be told what you are doing wrong.  It takes courage to tell someone the truth and avoid the road of denial.  Ping Eye 2s elevated my game and I'm sure they could help you too if your swing is sound.  It also depends on how short you actually are.  Not sure if that's a pseudonym or actually has meaning behind it.

I watched Freddie for two rounds at the 1987 Open at Olympic Club.  I knew he'd be big and that was before he had ever won a major.

Two things I'm hoping: 1.) That this was on TV or 2.) failing that, that you are no longer in the bay area, because I might have to move if I shared the same state with you.

/Heads out to local lake to practice skipping a 4 iron...

Note: This thread is 1307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!