IGNORED

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

Note: This thread is 1302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by famousdavis

I think you've overstated things a bit but I will tell you a story.  The other day I was playing golf with my buddy and these two ex-military "hackers' joined us.  In case you don't know, a hacker is someone who hits an OK shot and then the next one goes 6 feet.  Anyway, I was really on my game that day and this one guy says to me "you are the best player that I've ever played a round of golf with".  After the 5th hole he started asking me if I would hit his driver.  It was a Taylormade Superfast TP 9.5 degree with Matrix Stiff.   I started hitting it on every hole and just bombing it.  He told me that he wanted to make sure it was him and not the club.   After the round he told me that he was going to buy a set of Ping Eye 2 irons because I hit them so well.

I don't tell these stories to impress you.  Rather, I tell them to impress upon you the importance of having the right irons.  For me, the only right irons are Ping Eye 2s.  Everything else and you might as well be playing field hockey.

Wait a second . . so you showed him that it was him and not his club by hitting his driver and THEN he went out and bought Pings because you hit them so well?  That makes very little sense.  I was totally buying this up until now but obviously you are fibbing.

Pings are good clubs and you are almost right that the Eye 2's are the best.  But now I doubt that you are very good looking or much of a negotiator.  I did skip my period after reading this thread, though.

I'd love to have a session at the range with some Ping Eye 2's!

In the bag:

Driver - Taylormade '07 Burner 10.5* 

3W & 4h Top Flite XL

Irons - Ping G10 XG black dot 5-9 PW, SW

Wedges - Titleist Spin Milled Vokey 58*

Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 2 33''

Originally Posted by AmazingWhacker

Wait a second . . so you showed him that it was him and not his club by hitting his driver and THEN he went out and bought Pings because you hit them so well?  That makes very little sense.  I was totally buying this up until now but obviously you are fibbing.

Pings are good clubs and you are almost right that the Eye 2's are the best.  But now I doubt that you are very good looking or much of a negotiator.  I did skip my period after reading this thread, though.

You might want to think these things through a little more before posting.  This gentleman who was, unfortunately, a hacker decided to play Ping Eye 2s after watching me hit them.  He wanted me to hit his driver to prove that it is him and not the club.  I guess it made him feel better knowing that he spent $400 on an excellent driver, exhibited by the way I hit it.  The fact that he couldn't hit the driver made him feel bad.  When he saw the way I was bombing 290 yard drives it gave him hope.  That's what I always try to do with lesser players.

That's how that one worked out.  Let me know if you'd like me to explain it in more detail.

I pulled out my old Ping eye 2's and regripped them last month. Hadn't played them in 15 years or so. They felt so good and solid, but just didn't hit them as far as my current set. Yes, I know the modern clubs have jacked up lofts, but it is hard to go back now.  But I do plan to play with my old set every now and then. They deserve some love. ;)

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

You might want to think these things through a little more before posting.  This gentleman who was, unfortunately, a hacker decided to play Ping Eye 2s after watching me hit them.  He wanted me to hit his driver to prove that it is him and not the club.  I guess it made him feel better knowing that he spent $400 on an excellent driver, exhibited by the way I hit it.  The fact that he couldn't hit the driver made him feel bad.  When he saw the way I was bombing 290 yard drives it gave him hope.  That's what I always try to do with lesser players.

It's lonely at the top, isn't it? Lesser players on the course,  less savvy businesspeople at work, uglier people all around you,. Thank goodness you've got those Ping Eye 2's (is that the right club, I forget) to tuck you in at night.

I just saw Elmer Gantry again last night.  Like he said (approximately): "I'm a top salesman. Soon I'm going to be a junior partner, people in 14 states call me by my first name."

You're always good for a laugh, Famous.

I played golf on Monday at my buddy's country club and had one of the best rounds I've had in quite awhile... I carded a sloppy 75 (several of the putts were effected by sloppy footprints from previous players)...

Wow...one of your best rounds in a while is 75??????  I thought you said you could hit a ball, my 12 year old little brother can shoot 75!  Your endorsement of equipment is like buying an automobile because it gets groceries well for an old women!

Tiger and Freddie might have played Eye2's...but then they grew up and started playing real players clubs...Tiger can play what ever he wants, and he chooses Miura for a reason!

Please!  Please everyone stop responding to his posts!  He's clearly a troll, every post is a troll post and he's just seeing how much he can piss people off.

Just block and ignore.

• Administrator

The last thing I want to imply in my threads is that I'm bragging.

Believe you me... you're not "implying" that you're bragging... ;-)

Originally Posted by famousdavis

BTW...I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of my playing partners talking about my shots. It's just something they do because I always seem to pull off 2 or 3 amazing shots per round.  It's the same thing with Tiger.

Yep. You and Tiger. I hear ya, brother. Preach on!

Did you know that he played Ping Eye 2s as a junior golfer?  Not too many people know that.

Might even be just you...

Anyway, I'm just on this forum to share some of my opinions.  I'm kind of getting the feeling that me mentioning a country club is what got people upset about my last post.

Yeah, that was it... .

They claim that their new irons are more accurate, more forgiving and longer. It's true that irons are longer.

As opposed to you, who claim that Ping Eye 2s are more accurate, more forgiving, and longer. Maybe not the latter part.

Also, you are aware that a 46 degree wedge can launch at the same angle as a 48 degree wedge - or even higher - right? If the CG is low the ball will launch higher.

As far as accuracy and forgiveness nothing has changed since the introduction of the Ping Eye 2 iron. In fact, I would argue that clubs today provide less feedback and less accuracy due to cavity inserts and vibration dampening inserts in the shafts. Neither of those so-called improvements help your game.

If that's true, then I'm just going to play the irons they had in the 1960s. Or maybe the 50s.

I'm known at my club as the guy to go to for answers when your game needs help.

I guess my earlier stab that your club is comprised of only hackers + you was accurate.

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

Can we please golf together famousdavis? I'd love to see these amazing shots so that I have something to gush over within your earshot? I'll bring my set of black dot eye 2's and you can tell me how awesome my irons are, and then I'll tell you how awesome yours are and then we can punch fade the hell out of the course together. It'll be great.

LOVE IT!

That's how that one worked out.  Let me know if you'd like me to explain it in more detail.

Please... be our guest...

Originally Posted by max power

Please!  Please everyone stop responding to his posts!  He's clearly a troll, every post is a troll post and he's just seeing how much he can piss people off.

Just block and ignore.

I'm still at the point where it's pure amusement.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The last thing I want to imply in my threads is that I'm bragging.  I honestly feel that I'd be doing people a disservice if I didn't explain the benefits of Ping Eye 2 irons.  I have never played such a forgiving iron that had such amazing workability.  Punches, fades, draws, skips and lobs are no problem with these clubs.  Most of the time I just play them straight at the hole.  That's the great thing about these clubs - they allow you to have courage when courage is needed.  Other clubs simply don't provide the confidence you need to hit a great shot.  BTW...I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of my playing partners talking about my shots.  It's just something they do because I always seem to pull off 2 or 3 amazing shots per round. It's the same thing with Tiger.  I'm not saying I'm close to as good as Tiger but there are some similarities in how we approach  the game. Did you know that he played Ping Eye 2s as a junior golfer?  Not too many people know that.  Fred Couples did as well.  I watched Freddie for two rounds at the 1987 Open at Olympic Club.  I knew he'd be big and that was before he had ever won a major.

Anyway, I'm just on this forum to share some of my opinions.  I'm kind of getting the feeling that me mentioning a country club is what got people upset about my last post.  I grew up on country clubs and that's just where I decide to play.  I have no problem playing at municipal courses. In fact, I've done it more than once this year when our private club is closed.  Have a great day gents.

I think Ian Poulter was the last guy to say that. Well, at least you didn't say it while posing naked!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The fact that he couldn't hit the driver made him feel bad.  When he saw the way I was bombing 290 yard drives it gave him hope.  That's what I always try to do with lesser players.

You, sir, must be a great playing partner. Nothing better than having someone giving me hope after I, the lesser player, hook my tee shot OB.

Originally Posted by iacas

Believe you me... you're not "implying" that you're bragging... ;-)

Yep. You and Tiger. I hear ya, brother. Preach on!

Might even be just you...

Yeah, that was it... .

As opposed to you, who claim that Ping Eye 2s are more accurate, more forgiving, and longer. Maybe not the latter part.

Also, you are aware that a 46 degree wedge can launch at the same angle as a 48 degree wedge - or even higher - right? If the CG is low the ball will launch higher.

If that's true, then I'm just going to play the irons they had in the 1960s. Or maybe the 50s.

I guess my earlier stab that your club is comprised of only hackers + you was accurate.

LOVE IT!

Please... be our guest...

I'm still at the point where it's pure amusement.

I understand you confusion.  Sometimes you need a complete paradigm shift to get yourself thinking outside of the box.  Back in the 50's and 60's they didn't have great clubs like the Ping Eye 2 with perimeter weighting, perfect balance and the ZZ-Lite shaft.  Do you understand now?

My biggest joy comes from playing great rounds amongst the regular crowd of golfers.  One realizes how simple this game is and that a club like the Ping Eye 2 is your best weapon toward shooting lower scores.  I played a round the other day with a guy that had been playing golf for 15 years and has never broken 90.  The poor schlep couldn't hit his Callaway X-whatevers anywhere near the target.  He saw my shots and realized that Ping Eye 2s were the answer.

As a poor schlep, if I ever get the privilege of playing with you, will you let me hit one of your iron? I want to experience that feeling of revelation your golf weapons seem to produce on golfers that have lost all hope of shooting lower scores with their non Ping Eye 2s.

Skipping the ball across the water and then having it run up to the green.  I've done it several times with my Ping Eye 2 3 iron and 4 iron.  It's actually a pretty easy shot if you've got the hand-eye coordination.  It goes without saying that a slight fade is what makes the shot work.  You hit this shot when you're in front of a lake and a tree precludes you from hitting a wedge.  I hope that answers your question.

The tree that is growing over the water?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

The tree that is growing over the water?

No, it's not a golf club, it's a country club. So the trees are planted in the middle of the water, it's more classy.

Originally Posted by kurisu

No, it's not a golf club, it's a country club. So the trees are planted in the middle of the water, it's more classy.

It is in fact way classier.  We don't like people that have country club memberships around here (allegedly)

Shorty,

Yes, the pro and I do get along quite well.  He's given me some good tee times and allowed me to have more guests than is normally allowed.  If you want help you need to be told what you are doing wrong.  It takes courage to tell someone the truth and avoid the road of denial.  Ping Eye 2s elevated my game and I'm sure they could help you too if your swing is sound.  It also depends on how short you actually are.  Not sure if that's a pseudonym or actually has meaning behind it.

Probably one of the funniest things I've read in a while

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

• Administrator

I understand you confusion.

Oh, trust me, there's no confusion on my part here...

My biggest joy comes from playing great rounds amongst the regular crowd of golfers. One realizes how simple this game is and that a club like the Ping Eye 2 is your best weapon toward shooting lower scores.  I played a round the other day with a guy that had been playing golf for 15 years and has never broken 90.  The poor schlep couldn't hit his Callaway X-whatevers anywhere near the target. He saw my shots and realized that Ping Eye 2s were the answer.

Yeah, who needs a better swing?

I don't know about you, but I'm converted. Since I'm a scratch golfer now, the Ping Eye 2s will have me competing on the PGA Tour here soon. Is it too late to get into this toonamint they're having across the state here this week?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!