IGNORED

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

Note: This thread is 1303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anyone help me? I just can't seem to figure it out... does anyone on the Ping tour staff still play ping eye 2s? Maybe Calc?? Oh wait, yeah hes done a lot on tour...

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

Fun fact: my younger brother actually plays a set of Ping Eye 2s.  I just realized that today.  He's "borrowing" them from our Grandfather.  He plays to about a 20 HC right now.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

The Ping G2 iron isn't even close when it comes to playability, shotmaking and penetrating ball flight.  The G2 is an abomination and shouldn't be spoken of when discussing Ping Eye 2s.  If you play Ping G2s then you are truly lost.

I have won 3 club championships with my Ping Eye 2s.  The one time I strayed and played with Titleist 990s I lost in the 2nd round.  I'm also known at my club as one of the best ballstrikers.  Sometimes people stop and watch me at the range just to see how I hit my Eye 2s.

I think some of the people on this forum that come across as angry are really upset because I got these irons for such a steal.  If you don't know how to negotiate then you can't get the kind of deals that I do.  I'm that good.  I'm not bragging, just telling it like it is.  That's called honesty...and I think we need a little more of it around here.

How have you won 3 club championships with your Ping Eye 2's when you only recently (according to the original post) picked them up. Let's assume that 'recently' means within a month or two. You have played, and won, 3 club championships in that time? Also, the red dot means nothing other than the lie angle which I belive at that time was 1º flat. So to spoiut off that they are red dot means nothing special. I would agree that a good head and shaft combo is the key to getting a good set of irons, but to say that the irons of today are simply not as good is quite frankly a stupid statement and irresposible. That is an opinion, not a fact. And since you feel you need to denegrate everyone who disagrees with you, here is one from me. A real golfer with the skills that you are claiming, does not need an ultralight stiff shaft. That type of golfer has no problem swinging the club and does not need extra help from a weak shaft.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Fun fact: my younger brother actually plays a set of Ping Eye 2s.  I just realized that today.  He's "borrowing" them from our Grandfather.  He plays to about a 20 HC right now.

Brandon

20HC?

Can't be right. Ping Eye 2's will drop anyone's handicap instantly.

If I purchased some I would immediately update my handicap to +5 - without even playing I would know my next round would be in the 60's, because the penetrating ball flight of my Ping Eye 2's would have me sitting next to pins all day. And I know if I missed the fairway my Ping Eye 2's would get me on the green no matter what. People would drop their jaws ( and trousers ) in amazement. I would gather crowds at the local driving range. I could probably charge people to watch me - it's a privilege.

If an Indian used a Ping Eye 2 3 iron instead of an arrow, they would of never gone hungry that's for sure - buffalo would drop their jaws in amazement.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

20HC?

If I purchased some I would immediately update my handicap to +5 - without even playing I would know my next round would be in the 60's, because the penetrating ball flight of my Ping Eye 2's would have me sitting next to pins all day. And I know if I missed the fairway my Ping Eye 2's would get me on the green no matter what. People would drop their jaws ( and trousers ) in amazement. I would gather crowds at the local driving range. I could probably charge people to watch me - it's a privilege.

If an Indian used a Ping Eye 2 3 iron instead of an arrow, they would of never gone hungry that's for sure - buffalo would drop their jaws in amazement.

This is pretty much the best reply in this entire thread.

/love

Member: Branch River Country Club

Taylormade Burner Superfast Driver

Warrior Custom 3 hybrid

Taylormade Burner Superlaunch Irons 4-PW

Taylormade White Smoke MC-72 putter

Originally Posted by goblue107501

How have you won 3 club championships with your Ping Eye 2's when you only recently (according to the original post) picked them up. Let's assume that 'recently' means within a month or two. You have played, and won, 3 club championships in that time?

Also, the red dot means nothing other than the lie angle which I belive at that time was 1º flat. So to spoiut off that they are red dot means nothing special.

I would agree that a good head and shaft combo is the key to getting a good set of irons, but to say that the irons of today are simply not as good is quite frankly a stupid statement and irresposible. That is an opinion, not a fact. And since you feel you need to denegrate everyone who disagrees with you, here is one from me. A real golfer with the skills that you are claiming, does not need an ultralight stiff shaft. That type of golfer has no problem swinging the club and does not need extra help from a weak shaft.

Let me explain this once again.  I have owned other sets of Ping Eye 2s prior to this one.  If you had bothered reading my entire post you would have known that.

I was merely noting their lie angle.  Strange how that offends you.

Irresponsible?   Did I leave others in danger by stating my opinion about golf clubs?

Clearly you know nothing about golf equipment.  The ZZ-Lite shaft is indeed light but it is not weak at all.  It's a stiff shaft.  Many people who've played the ZZ-Lite have said that it's too stiff for them.

May I suggest anger management classes?

20HC?

Ping Eye 2s work best in the hands of the better player.  A high handicapper (or chopper as some say) still faces the difficult task of creating enough swing speed with his inefficient swing.  Ping Eye 2s have a stiff shaft producing a penetrating trajectory and spring like effect off the club face.  I have no doubt that this 20 handicapper will improve more with Ping Eye 2s than with other clubs.  As Harvey Pennick would say "I've never met a high handicapper that enjoyed the game as much as a low handicapper".

How have you won 3 club championships with your Ping Eye 2's when you only recently (according to the original post) picked them up. Let's assume that 'recently' means within a month or two. You have played, and won, 3 club championships in that time?

Remember that he belongs to three country clubs.  He could have very well won all of them in the past month.  It's hard to not win club championships when you have a skip shot in your repertoire.

20HC?

Well, he was as high as 24 or 26 last year.  I'm sure the Ping Eye 2s have a lot to do with his improvement.

Ping Eye 2s work best in the hands of the better player. A high handicapper (or chopper as some say) still faces the difficult task of creating enough swing speed with his inefficient swing.  Ping Eye 2s have a stiff shaft producing a penetrating trajectory and spring like effect off the club face.  I have no doubt that this 20 handicapper will improve more with Ping Eye 2s than with other clubs.  As Harvey Pennick would say "I've never met a high handicapper that enjoyed the game as much as a low handicapper".

Is that why 98% of all pro golfers are using them? Oh wait, they're not. By your logic through this whole thing, there would be such demand for these clubs that Ping would have no choice but to start making them again. They would churn out thousands upon thousands of Ping Eye 2 sets every year to supply the world. They (Ping) would be worth billions of dollars. All other club manufacturers would cease to exist because they would not sell any clubs. None of that is happening so I'll just say congratulations that you found a good set of irons for yourself. I had a set back in the day, they were nice clubs. Over time I found clubs that were better for me. Especially the shafts. Way too light for me. If I played those clubs now, I would be hitting the ball straight up and to the left. That is why I play clubs now with a lower CoG and a heavier, stiffer shaft that is better suited for my swing and what I want to do with the ball.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I often wear a Viking helmet smelted from Ping Eye 2s, and it helps to block the telepathic messages that extraterrestrials send me.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Is that why 98% of all pro golfers are using them? Oh wait, they're not. By your logic through this whole thing, there would be such demand for these clubs that Ping would have no choice but to start making them again. They would churn out thousands upon thousands of Ping Eye 2 sets every year to supply the world. They (Ping) would be worth billions of dollars. All other club manufacturers would cease to exist because they would not sell any clubs. None of that is happening so I'll just say congratulations that you found a good set of irons for yourself.

I had a set back in the day, they were nice clubs. Over time I found clubs that were better for me. Especially the shafts. Way too light for me. If I played those clubs now, I would be hitting the ball straight up and to the left. That is why I play clubs now with a lower CoG and a heavier, stiffer shaft that is better suited for my swing and what I want to do with the ball.

I've gotta run because I'm playing 18 today at the CC in about an hour.  I will answer your question.  The pro golfers will play what they are paid to play by their sponsor.  Ping has new lines of clubs that come out every 2 years or so.  Surely you're bright enough to know that the manufacturers need to get this new equipment in the bags of the pros.  They know the ignorant masses will buy the idea that new irons are better and will pay big bucks to play the new stuff with plastic in the cavity and vibration dampening inserts.

Ping has introduced the Ping Eye 2 XG wedges that are replicas of the original square groove models.  Google it.  Early reports show that the stores can't keep up with demand.  Would it be smart for Ping to retintroduce an older model club in a full set of irons?  I doubt they would because it would be admitting that their new line isn't as good as a club that was introduced over 25 years ago.  No manufacturer would do such a thing.  These guys are in business to make money.  The way you do that is through advertising and enticing people to spin $899 on a set of irons that supposedly has features that make it better than the previous model.

Whenever I tee it up with a guy that has a full set of Eye 2s I know I'll be challenged to win money off of him.  I almost always win but it's always more challenging when your opponent has Eye 2s in the bag.  Gotta go.  Thanks for the questions and I hope you understand now.

Originally Posted by famousdavis

Gotta go.  Thanks for the questions and I hope you understand now.

I think you can be assured that we understand you all too clearly. Hope you can shoot better than those pesky 75's you've been stuck on lately.

Whenever I tee it up with a guy that has a full set of Eye 2s I know I'll be challenged to win money off of him.  I almost always win but it's always more challenging when your opponent has Eye 2s in the bag.  Gotta go.  Thanks for the questions and I hope you understand now.

lol, I love it.

Question.  Who wins this cage match:

Elin Nordegren-Woods w/Ping Eye 2s vs Chuck Norris w/nunchuks?

Brandon

Originally Posted by bplewis24

lol, I love it.

Question.  Who wins this cage match:

Elin Nordegren-Woods w/Ping Eye 2s vs Chuck Norris w/nunchuks?

Brandon

Always bet on the hot one.

Member: Branch River Country Club

Taylormade Burner Superfast Driver

Warrior Custom 3 hybrid

Taylormade Burner Superlaunch Irons 4-PW

Taylormade White Smoke MC-72 putter

I've gotta run because I'm playing 18 today at the CC in about an hour.  I will answer your question.  The pro golfers will play what they are paid to play by their sponsor.  Ping has new lines of clubs that come out every 2 years or so.  Surely you're bright enough to know that the manufacturers need to get this new equipment in the bags of the pros.  They know the ignorant masses will buy the idea that new irons are better and will pay big bucks to play the new stuff with plastic in the cavity and vibration dampening inserts.

Ping has introduced the Ping Eye 2 XG wedges that are replicas of the original square groove models.  Google it.  Early reports show that the stores can't keep up with demand.  Would it be smart for Ping to retintroduce an older model club in a full set of irons?  I doubt they would because it would be admitting that their new line isn't as good as a club that was introduced over 25 years ago.  No manufacturer would do such a thing.  These guys are in business to make money.  The way you do that is through advertising and enticing people to spin $899 on a set of irons that supposedly has features that make it better than the previous model.

This statement proves you don’t know your Eye 2’s from a hole in the ground!  Touring pros do not always play the newest line of club.  Heck, Ping is one of the best about setting their pros up with anything they want and they don’t use the Eye2’s…Bubba Watson, a Ping staffer, plays the S-59’s a club from 2004.

What would the membership of your "country club" think if they discoverd your were playing with a dirty set of second hand sticks?

BTW - You can purchase a set of New Eye2's directly from Ping...I think they are about $900

Originally Posted by Bigtank

This statement proves you don’t know your Eye 2’s from a hole in the ground!  Touring pros do not always play the newest line of club.  Heck, Ping is one of the best about setting their pros up with anything they want and they don’t use the Eye2’s…Bubba Watson, a Ping staffer, plays the S-59’s a club from 2004.

What would the membership of your "country club" think if they discoverd your were playing with a dirty set of second hand sticks?

BTW - You can purchase a set of New Eye2's directly from Ping...I think they are about $900

You're one of those people that looks for the one line in a post that they can run with.  I know Bubba plays the S59.   I wasn't speaking for every single case out there.  I was speaking in general terms.  Understand?  In general, most of the pros switch pretty quickly to the latest equipment.  Some Titleist pros still play the 905R.  However, in most cases the Titleist pros are all playing the 910 series.

The members of my country club think very highly of my clean Ping Eye 2s because they see how well I play with them.  You have clearly failed to comprehend what I said in my initial post.  I bought a set of MINT condition Eye 2 irons.

I know that you can purchase a new set of Ping Eye 2s through Ping.  However, you cannot get the ZZ-Lite shaft.  Without that shaft there is no point.  It would be like putting 87 Octane gas in my BMW.

You're one of those people that looks for the one line in a post that they can run with.  I know Bubba plays the S59.   I wasn't speaking for every single case out there.  I was speaking in general terms.  Understand?  In general, most of the pros switch pretty quickly to the latest equipment.  Some Titleist pros still play the 905R.  However, in most cases the Titleist pros are all playing the 910 series.

The members of my country club think very highly of my clean Ping Eye 2s because they see how well I play with them.  You have clearly failed to comprehend what I said in my initial post.  I bought a set of MINT condition Eye 2 irons.

I know that you can purchase a new set of Ping Eye 2s through Ping.  However, you cannot get the ZZ-Lite shaft.  Without that shaft there is no point.  It would be like putting 87 Octane gas in my BMW.

Oh. You drive a BMW. That clears up everything

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 1303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!