IGNORED

Titleist 712 Prototypes

Note: This thread is 3472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There isn't much innovation to be done with irons these days.  Just change the asthetics a bit and you have a brand new club!!

Originally Posted by 1par2win

Just listed on their web-site. Not much of a change by the looks of it from the 710 series.

http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/archive/2011/06/26/prototype-titleist-712-irons-introduced-on-pga-tour.aspx

Originally Posted by shades9323

There isn't much innovation to be done with irons these days.  Just change the asthetics a bit and you have a brand new club!!

Very true. I have had my eye on the 710CB's for a while now but was waiting until the "new" series came out. After the 712's are released and inventories are stocked I figure I'll save a little $$$ as opposed to buying the 710's now.

Originally Posted by ZEUS

Just purchased my 710's 2 months ago... GO ME!!! AWESOME!!!! I knew I should of waited :/

Did you buy the 710, APs2?  If so, don't be discouraged because I think the 710 AP2s look better than the 712 AP2s.

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

Did you buy the 710, APs2?  If so, don't be discouraged because I think the 710 AP2s look better than the 712 AP2s.

I agree here.  I ordered the 710 AP2's about a month ago, and, after looking over the pictures of the 712's I like the looks of the 710's much better.

I like the looks of the 710s over the 712s for the AP1s and AP2s.  However, I'd imagine a price drop may be coming soon for the 710 series with the 712 series coming out soon.  That's the downside to having just bought 710s.

Just looked on the team titleist site. Not impressed! If the club technology hasn't changed much I would by the 710. The 712 looks like a razor or a taylor Made. Too loud for me!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I personally hate everything about the AP2 line from the 710's and the 712's because of how they advertise it.  but on a lighter note, as usual titleist has created an unbeatable blade

At first glance, based on these pics, I do like the cosmetic changes !  MB an CB are classical beauties and appear to have a satin-like finish, which I like.  AP1 and AP2 seem to have a bit more high quality appearance, never was fond of the rubbery insert thingy.

• 2 weeks later...

The 712 MBs look sharp!

A CB/MB combo set may seriously be considered....

I agree. I really like the satin finish.

• 2 weeks later...
I just saw a picture of the blades, and man do they look good! That muscle looks pretty much perfect.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!