IGNORED

Titleist Prototype Iron/Hybrid?

Note: This thread is 3491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was looking through the pictures on Golf.com of players' bags from the U.S. Open, and I noticed something fishy in Gary Woodland's bag: [URL=http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/article/0,28242,2077361-23,00.html]http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/article/0,28242,2077361-23,00.html[/URL] That club in the top/middle, with "19*" stamped on it looks like some sort of iron/hybrid. Anyone know if that is new or am I losing my mind?
  • Upvote 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Heh. I don't carry a 3wood. So I picked up a Titleist 2 hybrid, 19* 585. It's legit and I tee off with it quite frequently. So this pertains to me very loosely. haha

The 585/19 was in my bag too for a while, but had some unpleasant dog hooks with it now and then ..... and it wasn't just me ..... still a great but demanding hybrid, almost like a 2 iron. I would say you pick up a hybrid for easy length, but the 585/19 isn't really an easy hybrid.

I felt it was about the only hybrid, made for scratch players

Originally Posted by jamo

I was looking through the pictures on Golf.com of players' bags from the U.S. Open, and I noticed something fishy in Gary Woodland's bag: http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/article/0,28242,2077361-23,00.html

That club in the top/middle, with "19*" stamped on it looks like some sort of iron/hybrid. Anyone know if that is new or am I losing my mind?

Yeppp, at the golfwrx forum this has been talked about a lot......

Do you know the Controler Driving Iron (17*) ..... it is about equal ...... haven't hit one yet, but at 17* it is not everyones frind of course ...... I know a guy who was so pleased with them, that he became the european distributor and bought 500 of them, in various models/shafts ..... still about 485 of them in stock...... hihi.

Can go at about any price ...... if you are interested .......

I wish they made this, i'd love to get one.  Right now i'm using an old 2-iron with non-conforming grooves so it'll probably come out of the bag in the next few years and I haven't found anything I like to replace it yet.  Having a 2-iron that you can hit off the tee on short par 4's about head high is something I don't want to ever give up.

Can a 2 iron have non-conforming grooves?

I think the cutoff is 25* so, yeah, I guess a 19* 2-iron would be fine.

• Upvote 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ajschn06

Can a 2 iron have non-conforming grooves?

huh, I didn't realize this.  thanks.

Note: This thread is 3491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!