IGNORED

Bubba Watson at The French Open

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's no surprise that her husband Nick Dougherty fell off the face of the earth when they married. Who would go out and practice when you have THAT at home

Originally Posted by Acropo

So, we're all agreed then - Di Dougherty is well fit (as the ad had it).

Don't be silly. You can easily practice tempo and stroke at home.

Originally Posted by deasy55

It's no surprise that her husband Nick Dougherty fell off the face of the earth when they married. Who would go out and practice when you have THAT at home

• Upvote 1

Since this is basically a Bubba bashing thread, I just want to point out that he misspelled "you're" in his Twitter bio-thing: http://twitter.com/#!/bubbawatson I know he's strapped for characters, but I'm pretty sure the ' and the e would fit. I'm kinda surprised none of his handlers have thought to edit that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

He wasn't that good a player before...and generally, ********er's WAGs tend to be on the 'smokin' side...

Anyway, War, Bubba!

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

He is a 3 time European Tour winner that has played in 16 events this year (since getting married) and has missed every cut. Of his 32 rounds, 5 have been in the 80s and just 3 in the 60s

Originally Posted by RichF

Quote:

He wasn't that good a player before...and generally, ********er's WAGs tend to be on the 'smokin' side...

Anyway, War, Bubba!

Bubba apologises:

Repentance, thy name is Bubba Watson, the American Ryder Cup star who began this Open Championship week with a wholesale apology to the great nation of France after causing uproar on his last trip across the Atlantic to play in Versailles.

The world No15 missed the cut in the French Open two weeks ago but that was the least of his problems after a succession of incidents and interviews that, if nothing else, perpetuated the stereotype of the insular and coddled PGA Tour professional. Among his many "crimes" was a misguided tour of the great Parisian landmarks, or as Bubba put it "that big tower " (the Eiffel Tower), the "building starting with an L" (the Louvre) and "this arch I drove round in a circle" (the Arc de Triomphe).

" I didn't know how to pronounce the names in the right way. That's my bad. They say it was disrespectful and I'm sorry for that. But I'm a golfer not a history major," he explained before heading off to play a practice round at Royal St George's.

Over the last year Watson has become one of the most popular figures in American golf. His big-hitting, freewheeling style has often led him to be compared to John Daly and this season it has paid dividends on the course, securing him two victories on the PGA Tour. His popularity was threatening to spread to Europe, although he acknowledged he now has ground to recover.

"I didn't know I had done anything wrong until I got back to the United States and discovered there had been a lot of negative press about me. I didn't mean any harm. I just told [French journalists] what was different over there to what I was used to. That's what was wrong. I was uncomfortable,'' he told the Guardian.

"It is just like being uncomfortable with heights. I am uncomfortable with heights, I'm scared of the dark and I am scared of big crowds. So for me to be among a bunch of big crowds like there was in France – it was different for me."

That being so, Watson, who has in the past said he suffers from attention deficit disorder, might be in for a shock this week, with organisers at The Open in Kent expecting upwards of 40,000 spectators every day.

Contrary to earlier reports, the 32-year-old American did not receive a $200,000 (£126,000) appearance fee for journeying across the Atlantic. He did in fact choose to play in France, believing that he needed to broaden his horizons. However, he was shocked when he arrived for the tournament and discovered he was the draw card in the field.

"I didn't understand that I was the big star of the week because I don't go over to Europe that much. I'm not used to being the star, so I have never been interviewed when I have played that bad.

"After the first day I was 128th and after the second day I was still in the hundreds, so I couldn't understand why anybody would want to interview me playing bad golf," he said.

"But now I see that I was wrong. There is a lot of learning I have to do and a lot of growing up I have to do."

As for future overseas trips, Watson said he intended to play in two more European Tour events this year. "I would also like to go back to France next year," he added. "Though I am not sure they will want me after all this stuff."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jul/11/the-open-2011-bubba-watson

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Maybe we have different standards but a guy like him in Italy would be considered just... dumb! But in Italy like in France... it's just different!

Originally Posted by RichF

Bubba apologises:

Repentance, thy name is Bubba Watson, the American Ryder Cup star who began this Open Championship week with a wholesale apology to the great nation of France after causing uproar on his last trip across the Atlantic to play in Versailles.

The world No15 missed the cut in the French Open two weeks ago but that was the least of his problems after a succession of incidents and interviews that, if nothing else, perpetuated the stereotype of the insular and coddled PGA Tour professional. Among his many "crimes" was a misguided tour of the great Parisian landmarks, or as Bubba put it "that big tower" (the Eiffel Tower), the "building starting with an L" (the Louvre) and "this arch I drove round in a circle" (the Arc de Triomphe).

"I didn't know how to pronounce the names in the right way. That's my bad. They say it was disrespectful and I'm sorry for that. But I'm a golfer not a history major," he explained before heading off to play a practice round at Royal St George's.

Over the last year Watson has become one of the most popular figures in American golf. His big-hitting, freewheeling style has often led him to be compared to John Daly and this season it has paid dividends on the course, securing him two victories on the PGA Tour. His popularity was threatening to spread to Europe, although he acknowledged he now has ground to recover.

"I didn't know I had done anything wrong until I got back to the United States and discovered there had been a lot of negative press about me. I didn't mean any harm. I just told [French journalists] what was different over there to what I was used to. That's what was wrong. I was uncomfortable,'' he told the Guardian.

"It is just like being uncomfortable with heights. I am uncomfortable with heights, I'm scared of the dark and I am scared of big crowds. So for me to be among a bunch of big crowds like there was in France – it was different for me."

That being so, Watson, who has in the past said he suffers from attention deficit disorder, might be in for a shock this week, with organisers at The Open in Kent expecting upwards of 40,000 spectators every day.

Contrary to earlier reports, the 32-year-old American did not receive a $200,000 (£126,000) appearance fee for journeying across the Atlantic. He did in fact choose to play in France, believing that he needed to broaden his horizons. However, he was shocked when he arrived for the tournament and discovered he was the draw card in the field.

"I didn't understand that I was the big star of the week because I don't go over to Europe that much. I'm not used to being the star, so I have never been interviewed when I have played that bad.

"After the first day I was 128th and after the second day I was still in the hundreds, so I couldn't understand why anybody would want to interview me playing bad golf," he said.

"But now I see that I was wrong. There is a lot of learning I have to do and a lot of growing up I have to do."

As for future overseas trips, Watson said he intended to play in two more European Tour events this year. "I would also like to go back to France next year," he added. "Though I am not sure they will want me after all this stuff."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jul/11/the-open-2011-bubba-watson

Yeah because people in France never make mistakes.  I'll take Bubba over Dominique Strauss-Kahn (DSK) any day....

Originally Posted by makaveli

Maybe we have different standards but a guy like him in Italy would be considered just... dumb! But in Italy like in France... it's just different!

Joe Paradiso

Well it's 8:50pm as I post this in England and no doubt Bubba is having supper and planning his final practice round before the off on Thursday. Well to his credit he is spreading oil on troubled fairways trying to make amends re. the French Open, I wish him well.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Yeah because people in France never make mistakes.  I'll take Bubba over Dominique Strauss-Kahn (DSK) any day....

Yeah, it isn't as if Bubba made a national hero out of Jerry Lewis or anything.  LOL

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I'm not gonna fault them for that.  Jerry Lewis had a pretty solid 15-16 year run, and made a ton of contributions/innovations to the filmmaking process.

Originally Posted by turtleback

Yeah, it isn't as if Bubba made a national hero out of Jerry Lewis or anything.  LOL

Quote:

Pardon me but I don't get your point... I didn't talk about mistakes but about being ignorant and arrogant... Quoting Bubba, maybe here is just different!

Originally Posted by max power

I'm not gonna fault them for that.  Jerry Lewis had a pretty solid 15-16 year run, and made a ton of contributions/innovations to the filmmaking process.

I think they should have made a buddy flick with Jerry Lewis and Geena Davis where they drive a convertible off a cliff - for real.

Anyway, I think that the fact they got the appearance fee wrong shines a very bright light on the original articles posted. Many people who already don't like Bubba Watson were waiting to pounce. Not saying I ever was or ever will be a fan of his, but I appreciate the effects of shoddy tabloid journalism.

For example, I hope the European tabloids are as critical of the London Olympics as they were of the winter games held recently in Vancouver. I can recall almost the exact moment when Canadians woke up to another day of European press trashing the games in the papers, even though the athletes and people in attendance were having a totally different experience (tragic luge incident notwhithstanding). We decided as a nation to embrace the event and the athletes rather than give two sh**s about what the European media (mostly British) had to say. It worked out okay.

I suspect a lot of Americans would just as soon give Bubba the benefit of the doubt as believe a blogger with an agenda. Kudos to them for that!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

so i have been a long time fan of the website but i have made no more than a handful of posts in threads, nor have i read much on here. I come for the articles and equip reviews etc. If i want forums i have a local site in canada called torontogolfnuts and a website in US called golfwrx.

I wanted to give this one a chance, but this being one of the very few threads i have read quickly went juvenile on the first page...a bunch of guys starting off bashing bubba...which i kind of a agree with in this particular case as he should have known to shut it...keep it to himself....but otherwise i normally like the dude....

..but then i see on first page some idiots commenting on how stupid dustin johnson is...? huh...how did he get into the conversation as a target to beat up on...and how he has a look in his eyes...that some said they can tell shows his level of intelligence.

WTH? you can judge someone based on looks? because he is from the south and has a bit of a drawl and a sleepy look like 90% of the people down there have that automatically shows some genius's he is a moron?

man...dont think if this is the level of commentary i will be spending much time on these forums. i will stick to the great site on its own. not cool to me.

Beautiful.  I'll see less blocked posts.

Originally Posted by sharkhark

so i have been a long time fan of the website but i have made no more than a handful of posts in threads, nor have i read much on here. I come for the articles and equip reviews etc. If i want forums i have a local site in canada called torontogolfnuts and a website in US called golfwrx.

I wanted to give this one a chance, but this being one of the very few threads i have read quickly went juvenile on the first page...a bunch of guys starting off bashing bubba...which i kind of a agree with in this particular case as he should have known to shut it...keep it to himself....but otherwise i normally like the dude....

..but then i see on first page some idiots commenting on how stupid dustin johnson is...? huh...how did he get into the conversation as a target to beat up on...and how he has a look in his eyes...that some said they can tell shows his level of intelligence.

WTH? you can judge someone based on looks? because he is from the south and has a bit of a drawl and a sleepy look like 90% of the people down there have that automatically shows some genius's he is a moron?

man...dont think if this is the level of commentary i will be spending much time on these forums. i will stick to the great site on its own. not cool to me.

We've all got issues, and I think his ADD is played up way too much.  He seems like a nice guy overall, but he's also a whiny b****.  Hard to root for.  And I agree with the comments about Dustin Johnson-not that I needed to read some interviews with him to confirm my suspicions, 'cause his eyes certainly do tell the whole story.  An extra heaping of dumb.

yeah, you were one of the genius's...with amazing powers to judge based on  looks alone. Figures you would jump back in. Some come to legitimately talk golf and some are just flamers.What a waste of time.

Beautiful.  I'll see less blocked posts.

" genius's "   Ha ha ha ha ha . . .

Originally Posted by sharkhark

yeah, you were one of the genius's...with amazing powers to judge based on  looks alone. Figures you would jump back in. Some come to legitimately talk golf and some are just flamers.What a waste of time.

Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!