IGNORED

My Swing (Sandman88)

Note: This thread is 3573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Please critique, fix, comment or do whatever you may feel like doing. My misses are usually left with the driver, and with the irons slightly left. (Watch in 1080p)

PW:

6-Iron:

Driver:

Thanks,

-Mike

Originally Posted by Sandman88

Wow! 13 Views, no comments or anything?? Really?!

Yes, because when asking for free advice from strangers (you have three posts, and two are here), it's always best to be indignant. C'mon son!

It's a good swing. You flip and likely aren't a great ballstriker. Seeing anything else in these cell phone videos will be difficult.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First off, I wasn't being "indignant" as you put it.. I was simply askng for input and noticed people were looking without saying anything. If what I wrote came off as cocky I apologize. I wasn't aware that there was a certain amount of posts I had to have to recieve responses from other forum members, and still cant seem to find it in any user agreements or forum rules. These videos were shot by my wife using a Canon EOS Rebel T3i which records In 1080p. Granted they are a little out of focus due to her not really knowing how to operate the camera. So, as I mentioned in my original post you can view the vids in HD. Thank you Phil for being the first person to reply to me and setting a great standard for what I hope this forum is not. -Mike

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Sandman88

First off, I wasn't being "indignant" as you put it.. I was simply askng for input and noticed people were looking without saying anything. If what I wrote came off as cocky I apologize. I wasn't aware that there was a certain amount of posts I had to have to recieve responses from other forum members, and still cant seem to find it in any user agreements or forum rules.

These videos were shot by my wife using a Canon EOS Rebel T3i which records In 1080p. Granted they are a little out of focus due to her not really knowing how to operate the camera. So, as I mentioned in my original post you can view the vids in HD.

Thank you Phil for being the first person to reply to me and setting a great standard for what I hope this forum is not.

This forum is pretty great, but there's truth to what Phil said. 13 views is not a lot - some people view all new threads (including me, now) and some people visit other people's "My Swing" threads to see what they might learn but they're not good enough to feel they can offer advice. Also, I think it was indignant: you were annoyed that nobody had responded after 13 whole views. You're asking a fair amount of people, to take time out of their day to give you - someone they don't know in person and don't even know (based on your post count) - free advice.

Putting all of that behind, I second Phil's advice. You flip, and you probably don't strike the ball very consistently, but the videos - regardless of what they were shot with - have a low frame rate (30, most likely) and worse yet a low shutter speed that leads to a lot of blurring, so it's tough to see much. It's a good swing, and I'd recommend working on maintaining your flying wedge right now to clean up the consistency of your strikes.

Also: http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I cannot see what I need to see without some slow motion, but you are obviously athletic and have ability.  I am very much against an inside take-away and you tend to come inside or under plane in the backswing.  The compensation is not bad, and you get back to the ball reasonably well.  I would work on the backswing so the club shaft points down the line or slightly left of you target when the club is level to the ground.  I cannot tell but at this same point the club face should point toe up or on the spine angle (or somewhere inbetween.)  To know I would need a slo-motion view.  Your weight shift could use a little improvement.  I like swings where the ight leg, when viewed from straight on, maintains the same angle up to the top of the backswing.  This means you have not shifted off the ball.  Just a few observation from the aether of the internet.  Worth about what you paid for them, ha ha.

Good luck and good golf.

Note: This thread is 3573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!