Sign in to follow this  
etlreams

Fairway Wood Recommendation - Supefast 2.0 vs G15

Note: This thread is 3436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 posts / 2861 viewsLast Reply

hey everyone!

Recently decided to drop the callaway 3 and 5 wood for a 4 wood.  I like the G15 and the Superfast 2.0.

Didn't like the white crown on the TM at first, but it's a non-issue for me now.  So really it just comes down to forgiveness and what's going to be more versitile.

I love my current 3 wood of the tee.  But seems like I'm 50/50 on making good contact off the fairway (i think it's because it is so damn big and hard to get at the ball unless it is sitting up on the fairway and sitting on a flat piece of turf).  I also love my current 5 wood off the fairway and even sometime out of the light rough. I think it is due to the sole design.  But distance between the two clubs seems to be pretty even, unless I make good contact with the 3 wood.   So....i came up with the idea to split the difference and get a 4 wood.

So...the most important thing for me is something that is going to be forgiving and allow me to make good contact...

Thoughts between the two models??

You should try to hit them somewhere, for sure.  I recently replaced my fairway woods and tried out a bunch.  The two you mention were my final two choices.  The TM was a beast off the tee, I was really crushing it.  However, I had no luck hitting it from the ground.  I ended up with not only the G15 4wood but the 7wood as well.  Great clubs, that really work for me.

Thanks, Rasky.  I found the same thing.  I bought the TM because I liked the feel of it in the store.  Took it to the range and had the same experience.  just couldn't get at it on the ground, and when I did....felt like ball dispersion was pretty erratic.  When solid contact was made....it was LONG.  But i just didn't like the inconsistent dispersion (both left to right, and high-low trajectory).   I think this could have been due to the VERY closed club face position of the club.  Never liked that.

So...I returned and got the G15 yesterday. Took it to the range last night and BINGO....this is my club.  Love everything about it.  Long, forgiving, "traditional" looking at address, consist ant ball flight.  Great club.  I think I'll be very happy with it!

Some of the problem with the TM woods maybe because the stock shafts are 3/4"-1" longer than most other brands. The extra length gives the little extra distance off the tee, but could also be causing the problems off the turf.

Just a thought

I absolutely love my G15 4 wood.  It's a monster off the tee and a beast off the deck.  My stock shot is a push-draw but I find I can hit a fade with little difficulty as well.  I always had trouble with my fairway woods (Diablo 3 and 5) until I tried the G15.

Yep, G15 4 wood is amazing.  If I can't hit a fairway wood off the deck, which was the case for me all the time with fairway woods prior to the G15, it's useless to me.  Only cause I can't leave well enough alone, I've been trying out a K15 3 wood as an alternative to the G15 4 wood, but I can't decide which one I like better.  K15 is longer off the tee, but I don't seem to hit it as consistently as the G15 4 wood.  Both are outstanding clubs though, and I really don't need to try out other fairway woods for a good long while.

Haven't hit the Superfast so I can't comment on that but here's my thoughts on the G15 (which I love!): http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/ping_g15_fairway_wood_review

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!