IGNORED

New Canadian Member

JBird
Note: This thread is 4835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello Everyone.  My name is Mike and I am 30 years old and from Winnipeg Canada.  I have played the occasional round since I have been about 12 years old, maybe 0-5 rounds a year with the average being about 2 up until halfway through last summer when I decided to try and get out a little more often.  I have started to see some improvement with more consistent play over the last 5 play able months and the birdies and pars are starting to come a little easier and more often.

I'm currently using a set of hand me down no name clubs I got from my dad with a driver that my girlfriends dad bought me at a second hand garage sale but they have treated me good so far.  I am currently saving for a new set of clubs but want to get a little bit better first before getting fitted for a set that I can use for the next 4-5 years with good results and confidence.

Can someone explain to me the process of getting fitted for clubs?  I have been looking at a few different sets of clubs but am currently leaning towards the Ping G15's.  Does anyone have an opinion on this set of irons?  Any other sets I should consider as a high handicapper?

Hi Mike, Your story is incredibly similar to mine. I'm 44 and just started playing seriously last summer. 3-4 rounds a year for most of my life previously, with clubs that I've had since high school! I purchased a Callaway driver last year, but held off on new equipment until a month ago, after many lessons. I got fitted for ping g15 irons at a local golf school In Ottawa and absolutely love them. Very forgiving, and very long (compared to my old set). Initially I shot some higher scores, but in the past 2 weeks I've broken 90 twice, and have been shooting low 90s consistently! Last summer was 105+ constantly, so I'm very happy with my progress! And new clubs! Good Luck, eh! Mike

Note: This thread is 4835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!