IGNORED

Course Memberships

etomford
Note: This thread is 4669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by etomford

Right its all perspective. I am getting married in 8 months from yesterday, and we are paying for the wedding ourselves.I am almost 26 and just bought a condo two years go. I have a decent job and moneys not tight but also I dont have 2K to be spending on a course membership. I would rather put some of my extra money to paying off my mortgage or saving. The $300 though is totally doable and would get no resistance from my fiance. Hell if she came home and said she wanted to spend 2K a year on one of her hobbies right now I'd tell her no. We just arent at that point in our lives yet. I'd like to be and I want to spend wisely so one day I can get the full membership. And its not that my fiance is controlling or doesnt let me do things, if I am about to make a foolish decision than I'd hope shed stop me, thats what being a team is about. And right now 2K a year for golf is foolish.

The way housing prices are going, I would imagine that it is better to spend 2k on something that you enjoy, rather than pay down a condo that will probably never be worth what you paid for it.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I say go for the twilight membership!  It sounds like you don't have to pay green fees which is great.  I live in Austin, Texas and there is a course here that has a $50.00 a month Range Membership.  With that I get unlimited range balls and $10.00 rounds with a cart 7 days a week after 3pm.  I mostly play around 6:30 and get in about 9-12 holes before dark.  It is giving me an excuse to play more and not many people play at that time.  So I'll go out and play two balls or hit one shot 3 times for practice.

Originally Posted by etomford

Right its all perspective. I am getting married in 8 months from yesterday, and we are paying for the wedding ourselves.I am almost 26 and just bought a condo two years go. I have a decent job and moneys not tight but also I dont have 2K to be spending on a course membership. I would rather put some of my extra money to paying off my mortgage or saving. The $300 though is totally doable and would get no resistance from my fiance. Hell if she came home and said she wanted to spend 2K a year on one of her hobbies right now I'd tell her no. We just arent at that point in our lives yet. I'd like to be and I want to spend wisely so one day I can get the full membership. And its not that my fiance is controlling or doesnt let me do things, if I am about to make a foolish decision than I'd hope shed stop me, thats what being a team is about. And right now 2K a year for golf is foolish.

Well played. Been married almost 2 years and a baby on the way - been in your shoes. Twilight is the way to go - if timed well, you can get the first tee time in twilight, and will likely be let out early if you show up early and no one is waiting on the tee box. Becoming more regular will have its benefits as you get to know the pro shop guys better.

Quote:

Well played. Been married almost 2 years and a baby on the way - been in your shoes. Twilight is the way to go - if timed well, you can get the first tee time in twilight, and will likely be let out early if you show up early and no one is waiting on the tee box. Becoming more regular will have its benefits as you get to know the pro shop guys better.

Couldn't agree more with you. I work in the pro shop at my course and my regular golfers get certain advantages and breaks that the non-regulars get. Not saying it's fair or right but it's good to keep the regulars happy.

Note: This thread is 4669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!