IGNORED

The 2011 British Open

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

You said you had blocked me because I was one of those "internet idiots". Sounded like an insult to me.

Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

There is another insult. I never insulted you. Why can't you just be polite?

Originally Posted by deasy55

You'll be searching for a while.

And Tiger was my favourite golfer until I started following Rory in a big way in 2005. Tiger is still easily in my top 5. Just because I don't think everything Tiger does is the best thing ever doesn't mean i'm not a fan.

Okay. Like I said, it's just the way you came across. All Tiger fans I've ever known are always talking about him positively, etc. where you rarely do that. And I don't think everything Tiger does is the best thing ever either (I know that was directed at me because I always talk about Tiger). Just because I don't mention his scandal on here doesn't mean I don't think it was a huge mistake. I'm not insulting you, I'm just saying what I saw from your posts. My fault, I apologize. The internet is obviously not a very good way to judge someone else. I'm not an idiot, thank you.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

Tom Lewis paired with Lefty tomorrow.

Was secretly rooting for a PMick and Scott pairing tomorrow, just so we could see the awkward handshake between Phil and Stevie.....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Maybe I should have called it a "dry sense of humor" instead of an insult, that's more accurate. (talking about your post on my thread about Tiger's neck twitching a few weeks ago)

When I went out golfing the other day, the man working there had a very dry sense of humor and he was nasty to us, and perhaps that's why I got upset so easily with you.

I apologize.

I'd also love to see Thomas Bjorn win as well and make up for what happened years ago. Or Phil, or Rickie Fowler. Those are my guys.

I LOL'd at Watney not getting out of the Bjorn Bunker today. You've got to hit it harder than that Nicky!

Wait, you're a fan of Tiger but often rip him.   You stated Bubba was your 2nd favorite golfer and you tore him to shreds.  What do you say about the golfers you don't like?

^^

Considering I'm actually a fan of Tiger and was merely stating that i'm glad we didn't get hours on end of commentators stating that a golfer wasn't there I find that very strange.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's OK. Maybe I shouldn't use dry humour on the internet Back to the golf now

Maybe I should have called it a "dry sense of humor" instead of an insult, that's more accurate. (talking about your post on my thread about Tiger's neck twitching a few weeks ago)

When I went out golfing the other day, the man working there had a very dry sense of humor and he was nasty to us, and perhaps that's why I got upset so easily with you.

I apologize.

Those aren't fans, those are fanboys.  Real fans are objective, and can talk about their favorite athletes objectively.  Tiger was / is a great golfer but that doesn't excuse the way he mishandled his personal life and the impact it's had on his golf game.

Okay. Like I said, it's just the way you came across. All Tiger fans I've ever known are always talking about him positively, etc. where you rarely do that. And I don't think everything Tiger does is the best thing ever either (I know that was directed at me because I always talk about Tiger). Just because I don't mention his scandal on here doesn't mean I don't think it was a huge mistake. I'm not insulting you, I'm just saying what I saw from your posts. My fault, I apologize. The internet is obviously not a very good way to judge someone else. I'm not an idiot, thank you.

Joe Paradiso

Bubba was my 2nd favourite golfer until I tore him to shreds

And I don't believe i've ever 'ripped' Tiger. Said things against him sure, but never something unjustified. I suppose i'm just a sensible golf fan. I'm Rory obsessed but I was complaining about him today on a separate forum due to him not shouting FORE when his ball went into the crowd. On the 8th hole I believe.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Wait, you're a fan of Tiger but often rip him.   You stated Bubba was your 2nd favorite golfer and you tore him to shreds.  What do you say about the golfers you don't like?

Just giving you a tough time deasy

Bubba was my 2nd favourite golfer until I tore him to shreds

And I don't believe i've ever 'ripped' Tiger. Said things against him sure, but never something injustified. I suppose i'm just a sensible golf fan. I'm Rory obsessed but I was complaining about him today on a separate forum due to him not shouting FORE when his ball went into the crowd. On the 8th hole I believe.

Joe Paradiso

Those aren't fans, those are fanboys.  Real fans are objective, and can talk about their favorite athletes objectively.  Tiger was / is a great golfer but that doesn't excuse the way he mishandled his personal life and the impact it's had on his golf game.

I do talk about him objectively, just not on here. When the news came out about what he had done, I was pissed. And I'm still pissed because you're right--it has had a huge impact on his game. If there was no scandal, he might have 17 or 18 majors by now. I even took down the Tiger Woods poster I had in my room. But I've talked about his problems so much that I don't even mention them anymore...because there is nothing else to talk about.

Now I'm just all positive, because I try not to dwell on the negative things.

I'm a real fan, but you're right...there are fanboys.

As for the weather at the Open, looks like rain all day except for a short intermission around 3pm.

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler;=0&postalcode;=CT13%209WU&metric;=1&hbhday;=2&hbhhour;=7

Cheers *Internet gentlemans handshake*

As for the weather at the Open, looks like rain all day except for a short intermission around 3pm.

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler;=0&postalcode;=CT13%209WU&metric;=1&hbhday;=2&hbhhour;=7

Looking at the current scoring, the Americans are doing pretty damn good. We've got Glover, DJ, Mickelson, Lehman, DL3, Campbell, Overton, and Palmer lurking pretty hard.

As someone above stated, anyone who made the cut has a very real chance of taking this thing.

I'm pulling for DJ once again. This guy has game, and likes the big stage of the majors.

I didn't know Luke was a lefty

I'm surprised Luke Donald didn't make the cut, but fellow Lefty Phil M is still in it.

Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!