IGNORED

The 2011 British Open

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I do hope Tom's stamina will keep up through the weekend. It's fun to have him in contention, and he's playing brilliantly today.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm predicting a large number for Phil, and a small one for Fowler (even par through half-a-dozen holes, seems to be handling the weather very well).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yikes, it's been a massacre out there today. So much for that wide-open field; if Clarke or some other player can do something this afternoon, he'd have a huge lead to sit on tonight.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

It's too bad when we get such big differences in weather through the day. It really makes the competition unfair.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I'd love to see either Johnson or Clarke win this. Johnson because of the near misses he has had, and Clarke because of all the hardships he's endured. Besides I'd like to see Darren on the Ryder Cup team next year

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

After Johnson's debacles at last year's US Open and PGA, it would be fitting for his first major to be the British. I know, jinx.

Fowler's the leader in the clubhouse - you go girl!!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

The trainwreck is over, but no one left on the course, save Rickie and DJ, is able to do more than grind out pars. The tournament is there for the taking right now, but the guys at the top are terrified to risk losing position. When will these guys start showing more courage and urgency out there?

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Ryder Cup qualifying doesn't start 'till the European Masters in Switzerland.

(That's not to say he won't get a pick)

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

I'd love to see either Johnson or Clarke win this. Johnson because of the near misses he has had, and Clarke because of all the hardships he's endured. Besides I'd like to see Darren on the Ryder Cup team next year

Kudos to Anthony Kim - from me anyway (had him picked to MC).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Kudos to Anthony Kim - from me anyway (had him picked to MC).

And how: there are have been only two rounds under par today (three if Clarke stays where he is), but Kim is the only person to finish even on the day. This result should give him a much-needed confidence boost.

I'm saying either Clarke or Johnson will win now. They will both battle all day tomorrow. I think Fowler will also be in the mix, and maybe Kaymer.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

It's set up for a very interesting final day. Anybody in the top 5 winning would be considered a 'great story'. Especially Clarke with all he has been through.

He can thank Gmac for setting him up on a blind date with his new fiancee Alison Campbell and making him a happy man again

104560399.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6DD4FFF35F9A37A432383B7EB8CB3E7F907E3576B2CA5E3E4F06BF04B24B4128C

Note: This thread is 4647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!