IGNORED

The 2011 British Open

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And so, the American Majors drought continues..Son of a B....!  I'm sick of this.   Oh bloody good show Phil and DJ, well bloody done...what?  I know these guys don't plan to loose, but dammit, maybe they shlould see the opening scene of Patton, "... Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser . Americans play to win all the time..."  So win!

The Angry Golfer

Clubs- Callaway X20

Putter- White Steel,2-BALL Center- shafted Ball- Soft Feel

Calm down. There has been plenty of American winners in the past and there will be plenty more in the future

Originally Posted by JRC

And so, the American Majors drought continues..Son of a B....!  I'm sick of this.   Oh bloody good show Phil and DJ, well bloody done...what?  I know these guys don't plan to loose, but dammit, maybe they shlould see the opening scene of Patton, "... Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time..."  So win!

You guys might be waiting a while for an American win if you're relying on guys like DJ. There's some mental issues with him, surely. Has he ever even shot under par on the final day of a Major?

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Uh, Ireland 3, Northern Ireland 3.

You do realise Ireland and Northern Ireland are actually seperate countries, don't you?

Originally Posted by PaddyHarrington

Last 17 golf major winners:

Ireland 6

USA 5

S Africa 3

Rest of World 3

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Golf is organised in Ireland on an all-island basis same as the Rugby.

Originally Posted by Tiger Spuds

You do realise Ireland and Northern Ireland are actually seperate countries, don't you?

• Upvote 1

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

Golf is an All Ireland Sport. He has represented Ireland in the world cup.

ryder-cup.jpg

The GUI operate in the South and the North, yes. But that's as far as it goes.

If the winner is from Northern Ireland, then it's a Northen Irish major.. simple as that.

I doubt there were too many northerners trying to claim Padraig's wins as their own.

Well I suppose that depends on if you think Northern Ireland is a real country or if it is really a part of a 32 county Ireland that is occupied by a foreign invader.

But thats a debate for another day.

Well done Darren great day and year for IRISH GOLF.

If the winner is from Northern Ireland, then it's a Northen Irish major.. simple as that.

I doubt there were too many northerners trying to claim Padraig's wins as their own.

• Upvote 1

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

Yet Rory has just tweeted "Northern Ireland, centre of the golfing world" (or words to that effect).

Northern Ireland, rightly or wrongly, is part of the UK.

Darren plays under the flag of Ulster.

Rory didn't take too long to shed the Irish Tricolor he was given shortly after his US Open win.

It's a minefield to be sure (no pun intended).

Originally Posted by deasy55

Golf is an All Ireland Sport. He has represented Ireland in the world cup.

BTW there are plenty of "Northerners" who have a Irish passport and consider themselves every bit as Irish as us Southerners so I'm sure plenty of them supported Harrington in his major wins.

Only a bigot wouldn't.

Plenty of people in the north would claim Harrington. If you knew the situation in the North you would know that.

Also, there is no border in Golf, Rugby, Gaelic Football, Hurling, Boxing, Cricket, Hockey etc. It's just 'Ireland'.  Nobody goes "He's from the Republic and he's from the North" in these sports.

Find it all a bit desperate to be honest. Clambering to claim another Major for 'us'.

I find you a bit desperate to be honest. Why are you even commenting on matters you don't understand? Also, there is no country of 'Ireland' as you stated in your first post above.

At the end of the day, I will be at the Irish Open in 2 weeks and will be watching players from both sides of the border trying to win 'their' open.

Find it all a bit desperate to be honest. Clambering to claim another Major for 'us'.

And when Golf is in the Olympics I look forward to seeing GMAC or/and Rory playing for Ireland under the Tri Colour!

Originally Posted by deasy55

I find you a bit desperate to be honest. Why are you even commenting on matters you don't understand? Also, there is no country of 'Ireland' as you stated in your first post above.

At the end of the day, I will be at the Irish Open in 2 weeks and will be watching players from both sides of the border trying to win 'their' open.

Note: This thread is 4629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!