IGNORED

The 2011 British Open

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by deasy55

That flag position on the 1st seems very unfair. 2nd seems odd too. I've only seen 1 player hit either of these greens so far

But you do not have to hit green on 1st to make birdy...

Gmac - this is (almost) his backyard & if it's windy, he'll have the advantage.       Poulter is off to a surprisingly good start ... would like to see him do well for a change.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Birdie, birdie, ace, birdie stretch for DJ, and he's put himself on the yellow board. The Americans have a standard-bearer who isn't wearing a hoodie now. Bryden McPherson, this year's Amateur Champion, plays collegiate golf at Georgia; he's playing with Georgia Tech grad Matt Kuchar. That could make for an interesting grouping, especially with Harrington filling out the threesome. McPherson is invited to next year's Masters, and given that Athens is an hour's drive from Augusta, he'll have plenty of opportunities to scout the course.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator

Originally Posted by deasy55

Something going on between Gmac and Paula Creamer? She wished him luck on twitter a while ago. She wished no one else luck

They both won U.S. Opens in 2010. That's all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

They both won U.S. Opens in 2010. That's all.

I saw on the Golf Channel they were teamed up in some exhibition tournament recently - she kicked his @ss !!     He spoke very highly of her (game) during the interview

John

Hey guys... is this the thread for the US Open or the British Open?  From the title I can't tell.

I'm KIDDING :D

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

It's like calling the Nissan Open Northen Trust Open the "Los Angeles Open". Nobody has any idea which tournament you're referring to.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Hey guys... is this the thread for the US Open or the British Open?  From the title I can't tell.

I'm KIDDING :D

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

So, will there be any kind of online video feed for this tournament on Saturday?  I will be traveling to Vegas at 2AM PST and I'd like to watch it on my phone if possible.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

So, will there be any kind of online video feed for this tournament on Saturday?  I will be traveling to Vegas at 2AM PST and I'd like to watch it on my phone if possible.

Brandon

Depending on your cable provider, the ESPN app will have it.

looking at the scorecard - this course has two 240+ yard PAR 3's !!     HOLY SHNIKES ...  the average guy would have to hit a driver or at the very least a hard 3 wood to just make the green on a par 3

John

Originally Posted by shades9323

What is wrong with a hoodie?

As long as you go skateboarding in the big bunker of the 4th hole I think there is nothing wrong! :D

Note: This thread is 4629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!