IGNORED

The 2011 British Open

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by inthehole

looking at the scorecard - this course has two 240+ yard PAR 3's !!     HOLY SHNIKES ...  the average guy would have to hit a driver or at the very least a hard 3 wood to just make the green on a par 3

I played a course recently with a 240 yard Par 3.

I took a double. I actually over shot the green with my 4 iron. How? Dunno.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Is that number 11 at The Canal? Did you end up on the #12 tee box too?

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I played a course recently with a 240 yard Par 3.

I took a double. I actually over shot the green with my 4 iron. How? Dunno.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by makaveli

As long as you go skateboarding in the big bunker of the 4th hole I think there is nothing wrong! :D

Not sure how kids treat their skateboards in Italy, but that's just not right.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

So you think that wearing a hoodie when playing at the Open Championship is dressing properly? :D

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Not sure how kids treat their skateboards in Italy, but that's just not right.

So you think that wearing a hoodie when playing at the Open Championship is dressing properly? :D

What's that got to do with trashing a skateboard by riding it in a bunker?!?

I thought you were saying it to support the hoodie thing, but maybe I was wrong. Anyway, I said this cause that big bunker is the most similar thing to a skateboarding park, but maybe I was not that clear! Hope you get it now ;)

What's that got to do with trashing a skateboard by riding it in a bunker?!?

I thought you were saying it to support the hoodie thing, but maybe I was wrong. Anyway, I said this cause that big bunker is the most similar thing to a skateboarding park, but maybe I was not that clear! Hope you get it now ;)

I get that you don't do a lot of skateboarding.

Is that number 11 at The Canal? Did you end up on the #12 tee box too?

Number 2 at Sundre.

11 at Canal is a bitch too

http://fairwayfiles.com/score_details.php?pscore_id=1649742

Double on that one also haha

The wind has really died down in the last couple of hours. The course is probably as easy as it is going to be this weekend; somebody this afternoon has to take advantage and match Bjorn's 65.

Perhaps Ricky Barnes will be the low man of the late tee times. As the highest-ranked player in the World Ranking not in the field, Ricky was on reserve at Royal St. George's all week in case someone else had to withdraw. Well, Nicolas Colsaerts had a tumble on his scooter earlier in the week, and decided at literally the last minute that he couldn't go. So, after making it into the field only as he stepped onto the first tee, Barnes is 1-under through eight holes -- an impressive start, given the circumstances.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Course looks a lot easier then it was earlier when Ricky and Rory were playing.  The wind was pretty rough this morning.  I stayed up and watched a couple hours of their pairing during the front 9 and I rarely saw anyone even hit a green.

Fowler had an awesome birdie putt on #1 though!

Barnes pops his head up again at a major......what's with this guy.

Must be the Wilson Staffs

Seriously.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Barnes pops his head up again at a major......what's with this guy.

Must be the Wilson Staffs

Seriously.

Seriously?

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Another good story today: Tom Lewis, Boys' Amateur Champion two years ago, was named for Tom Watson. He made it into the field through local qualifying, and was paired with his namesake for the first two rounds. Young Tom is currently 2-under, three shots ahead of Old Tom.

The story so far...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

It's only right that Old Tom and Young Tom should play together in the Open

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Another good story today: Tom Lewis, Boys' Amateur Champion two years ago, was named for Tom Watson. He made it into the field through local qualifying, and was paired with his namesake for the first two rounds. Young Tom is currently 2-under, three shots ahead of Old Tom.

Note: This thread is 4629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!