IGNORED

Sunglasses

Juancd75
Note: This thread is 4664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sure, a good pair of sunglasses and a hat, and a lots of sunblock!

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
To add to what I said earlier, I think that protecting your eyes is important, and if for no other reason that's why I'll wear sunglasses while golfing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing golf is the only time I don't wear sunglasses, as I feel it distorts things for me. I wear sunglasses all the time while outside other than that.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I wear my prescription Ray Ban sunglasses with polarized lenses when I golf. I tried taking them off to putt, but felt that my eyes took too long to adjust and that I can read the putt better with them on anyway. They also help when searching for my ball.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

i wear my regular perscription glasses with transition lenses... they don't get real dark, only enough to make the super bright days bearable. I also have perscription sunglasses, but I don't like them for golf. I can't handle wearing contacts, so I have to wear something... until I get some lazer eye suregery at least.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

If it is a bright day, I will wear them. It does not affect my score either way. I forget that I have them on most of the time.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Oakley Juliets are not designed for golf. Duval M Frames are good for golf.

How do you figure? I like them, no visual distortion, and I'm not buying a new pair just for golf, lol.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Yes I wear Peak Vision and they work very well now in the early spring, we'll see when we get to the high sky of summer. Avoid polarized it distorts what you see. The peak's have a lense that has different zones that adapt to the conditions. So far so good....bwgolfer

TaylorMade Burner TP 9.5* stiff shaft Driver and Taylormade 15* medal
Cleveland utilities 22*
Taylormade tour prefered irons with rifle flighted 6.0
Taylormade z groove tp wedges 52* and 58*
Rife Antigua blade putterTitlest Pro V1X, Bridgestone 3000s Black

I wear SPY Curtis's. I'll take them off sometimes to try to lessen the chance of getting raccoon eyes, doesn't really work though.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

I have a pair of Pumas I wear if it is really bright. Depending on the brightness on the green I will take them off to putt. If it is really bright out, i usually forget I even have them on.
In my bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad
Woods: RPM LP 3W & 5W
Irons: MX-25 4-SWPutter: Detour

Every chance I get, I put on my shades.
We only get 165 sunny days a year here.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

• Administrator
Yes I wear Peak Vision and they work very well now in the early spring, we'll see when we get to the high sky of summer. Avoid polarized it distorts what you see. The peak's have a lense that has different zones that adapt to the conditions. So far so good....bwgolfer

Polarized lenses don't "distort what you see". They simply polarize the light, which reduces glare (and blades of grass can be pretty glare-y).

There's a reason polarizing filters are heavily used by nature photographers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Prescriptions with polarized lens in Flexon (titanium) half frames.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

I wear prescription sunglasses all the time. I just see the ball better (where it lands...lol) and it protects my eyes. Even when it is cloudy I still wear them...
If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

I've always played with polarized lenses and never had a problem.

I've gone through 2 or 3 pairs of Oakley half jackets (they just wore out) since they came out. I've recently switched to Maui Jims and have noticed that the quality of the lenses is MUCH higher. I don't know what it was, but the lenses on the oakley's appeared to be slightly blurry.
IN MY BAG

Irons Big Bertha Fusion Irons 3-PW, SW, LW (Nippon 990 UNFX)
Driver Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)
3 Wood ERC Fusion 3w - RGS (RCH Sys 55R)4/5 Wood Big Bertha Fusion 15D Fairway Wood (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)Bag 10.5" orange fusion tour bagPutter Scotty Cameron Newport...

I have to wear sunglasses, I live in a place with one of the highest UV indexes on average in the country. I would go blind if I didn't wear them.

I have a special pair of Oakley Radars with a lense made for golfers. I only use them for golf and have a couple of other pairs for driving, etc.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 4664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!