IGNORED

Sunglasses

Juancd75
Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got a pair of Nikes. I only started wearing sunglasses recently since I got contact lenses. I don't take them off on the golf course. Doesn't bother me when I putt.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Polarized lenses don't "distort what you see". They simply polarize the light, which reduces glare (and blades of grass can be pretty glare-y).

Erik, I didn't mean to upset you, but it has been my experience over many years of wearing glasses on the course that pollarized lenses give you the sensation of the ground being closer to you than it is, thus distortion, I never said it didn't cut the glare. Now if you don't have that problem great, but these threads are for opinions about our experiences in golf and the fun of sharing them....bwgolfer

TaylorMade Burner TP 9.5* stiff shaft Driver and Taylormade 15* medal
Cleveland utilities 22*
Taylormade tour prefered irons with rifle flighted 6.0
Taylormade z groove tp wedges 52* and 58*
Rife Antigua blade putterTitlest Pro V1X, Bridgestone 3000s Black

• Administrator
Erik, I didn't mean to upset you, but it has been my experience over many years of wearing glasses on the course that pollarized lenses give you the sensation of the ground being closer to you than it is, thus distortion, I never said it didn't cut the glare. Now if you don't have that problem great, but these threads are for opinions about our experiences in golf and the fun of sharing them....bwgolfer

You didn't upset me, but I did feel the need to correct what I saw as mis-information. You didn't present it as opinion, but as a fact that polarized glasses distort.

Polarized lenses don't distort what you see. Simply polarizing light won't affect the light or your vision in the way you've suggested. Perhaps you've either had some bad lenses or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My Oakleys are polarized, and they do not distort anything. For the price they charge for those things if they did no one would buy them.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

had my eyes done in October and wear sunglasses everyday all day.....some darker than others...my friend sells sunglasses so i foung a couple pairs i really liked and he got me a box/dozen of each.....Yea i wear sunglasses

Got a pair of Peak Visons 2 xmas's ago, and I wear it every round. It does, at times, help me read the greens as they say, but not all the time.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

Absolutely all the time.

I have a pair of Von Zipper (surfing style) sunglasses that are polarized as well. They are quite fashionable and functional. I can see perfectly out of them and would not dream of playing a round of golf without them. They never come off or move either.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

YES, YES and YES. Just picked up my prescription Bolle's the other day. I have astigmatism (sp?) in both eyes, so the lens curvature and depth perception took me awhile to get used to. But, heck yeah. I have enough trouble following my ball flight anyway, without the help of some serious sunshine in my eyes!!!

I wear my Oakley M-frames when the sun is really bright out. Ideally, I'd rather swing with them not over my eyes, but when I really have to, I have them on all the time. Except when putting since I can't read the greens as well with my dark shades.

Only when it's sunny, so not very often...

What? Oakleys. What sort? dunno. I have two pairs.

There are some types of light in which they seem to affect my parallax, so I don't always use them while hitting my shots.

Last year I went without using sunglasses, this year so far I've pulled back out my Oakley M-Frames and put in the golf specific G30 lenses. Absolutely love them. I keep a Black Iridium Lens for super bright days, and yellow shooting glass lens for when I'm playing at dusk. I've had the Oakleys for years now and just love them.

David C. Cleveland

In My Bag:

Driver: Big Bertha 4603 Wood: Big BerthaHybrid: Rescue Dual 3 19 degreeIrons: Big Bertha 2006Wedges: x forged mdPutter: 33 inch Natalie center shaftedBall: HX TourHome Course: Wellshire Golf Course, Denver, COVisit my musings at...

Last year I went without using sunglasses, this year so far I've pulled back out my Oakley M-Frames and put in the golf specific G30 lenses. Absolutely love them. I keep a Black Iridium Lens for super bright days, and yellow shooting glass lens for when I'm playing at dusk. I've had the Oakleys for years now and just love them.

Hi, I have been thinking of getting a pair of Oakleys with my Rx and getting a few different lenses for different conditions. I wanted to get the G30 for golfing but was concerned that they won't be dark enough for the Phoenix sun. Do you think they would be ok for really bright sunny days which is almost all we get here? Don't want to waste the money on Rx golf lenses that won't be usable.

Thanks

In the Vision SS Bag:

Driver: r7 superquad 10.5* Reax Reg flex
3-Wood: Pinseeker 15* Reg flex
Hybrid 3: r7 Draw Rescue 19* Reg flexHybrid 4: Rescue Mid 22* Reg flexIrons: G2's 5-PW - TFC 100 Regular Flex Wedges: None yet Putter: Monza SpiderBall: Anything cheap for now

Personally, I would say no. I wear contacts and don't worry about the rx. However the G30 actually has a fairly low sun blockage level. In my opinion they seem to brighten everything to a certain extent. I would not recommend you investing in the rx lenses without first seeing how you will react to them. Phoenix should have some Oakley dealers there that should have a G30 lens or two that you can see for yourself what they do. For bright days on ski slopes I've used the blue iridium and the red iridium lenses with quite a good effect and would recommend those before the g30s for you. Being here in Denver I get a lot of the same intensity of sun that you get and at altitude as well. I use the Heater style of lens so that I get maximum eye protection from wind as well as sun. With smaller lens styles my contacts would dry up on the slopes, though it has not been much of a problem on the golf course.

I hope this helps,
David C.

David C. Cleveland

In My Bag:

Driver: Big Bertha 4603 Wood: Big BerthaHybrid: Rescue Dual 3 19 degreeIrons: Big Bertha 2006Wedges: x forged mdPutter: 33 inch Natalie center shaftedBall: HX TourHome Course: Wellshire Golf Course, Denver, COVisit my musings at...

Yes I wear sunglasses when I play. The polarized lenses seem to help me read the green better and the lenses help to keep anything such as bugs out of my eyes.

I have three pairs of prescription sunglasses, two of which I'll wear to play golf. Last year I got a pair of Tifosi prescription glasses that I wear exclusively for cycling and golf. Best sports sunglassses I've ever had -- polarized, wrap around low distortion lenses and the "golf and tennis" shading which is said to enhance the contrast of grass, sky etc. It seems to work as I can now track the ball in flight against a clouded sky without losing it like I did with my previous glasses. Great for reading greens too as they don't seem to "flatten" the greens like other glasses I've used did.

I put them on before the round and don't take them off until I'm done. Most of the time I don't even realize I have them on, they are very comfortable.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Thanks David.

I am going to find a store that has the G30 lenses and see how they do in the bright sunlight here. I have a feeling that they arn't going to work for the majority of days here but I'll check them out.

In the Vision SS Bag:

Driver: r7 superquad 10.5* Reax Reg flex
3-Wood: Pinseeker 15* Reg flex
Hybrid 3: r7 Draw Rescue 19* Reg flexHybrid 4: Rescue Mid 22* Reg flexIrons: G2's 5-PW - TFC 100 Regular Flex Wedges: None yet Putter: Monza SpiderBall: Anything cheap for now

Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!