IGNORED

Sunglasses

Juancd75
Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought i was going to wear my new sunglasses, but when I tried i could barely see the ball. Its too dark.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Prescription polarized lenses (blue on the outside -- woo).

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

I have Prescription glasses that I only wear at night, reading, on the computer, and driving but other then that I don't wear them, I can't wear any type of glasses when Golfing though.

No. I wear prescription glasses that have clip-ons but I don't wear them. My optometrist said I have a lot of pigment in my eyes which makes bright light more bearable. In fact, when I wear sunglasses things tend to be too dark and I feel as if I can't see as well with them on.

In my Warbird Hot:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Reg Flex
3 Wood: Mercury Golf MR Jumbo 16*
Irons: X-20 4-AW
Putter: 33" Rossa FontanaShoes:Footjoy Contour

No. I wear prescription glasses that have clip-ons but I don't wear them. My optometrist said I have a lot of pigment in my eyes which makes bright light more bearable. In fact, when I wear sunglasses things tend to be too dark and I feel as if I can't see as well with them on.

I feel the same way when I wear sunglasses, I can't seem to adjust to the dark and I get headaches if I wear them for any length of time as well, so I don't even bother wearing them.....

I have three pairs of Maui Jim sports. Black frame w/black lens, Brown frame with dark brown lens and Blue frame w/black lens. I'll wear the Black w/black when I'm wearing my black shoes or my black and white shoes and the Brown w/brown when I'm wearing my brown shoes or my brown and white shoes. If I'm wearing a blue shirt with the black shoes, I might wear the Blue frames w/black lens. I also keep a cheap $40 pair always in my bag in case I forget one of the others. My eyes are super sensitive to light, so I wear sunglasses quite a bit. Some days with a high, overcast layer of white clouds is worse than a bright sunny day with no clouds.

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

i have the oakley path sunglasses. they are perfect for golf. never slip off my face, no matter how hard i swing.

but...
i would rather wear a hat than sunglasses anyday. i've read that wearing sunglasses can actually mess with depth perception.

personal advice.... wear your sunglasses when your not hitting...

for those with eyeglasses:
try out photochromatic lenses (aka: transition lenses). when the sun hits the lenses they will get darker like sunglasses. and when indoors they go back to no dark tint. why have annoying clip ons or shell out more money for presciption sunglasses when you can have it all in one.

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

I can't wear sunglasses when i play,i'm inclined to mishit the ball if i wear them,i only tried it once though.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I used to not wear sunglasses when I played. I just felt that I could see better without them. Then i read this article about how the right pair of sunglasses can help, specifically a good pair of sunglasses with amber lenses. I decided to try it with cheap pair at Wal-Mart. I got to the first green with these and the line on the putt just stood out. I started putting the best i have ever putted. Over the winter, they got scratched pretty badly, so i had to trash them, but Wal-Mart quit making them with the amber lenses. So i had to go without. I tried to find them, but I'm a poor college student and couldn't afford $100 for sunglasses. Then i went to a golf course and happened to look over and found a whole stack of them for $20. I bought three! I really suggest at least a trial for golfers who have trouble seeing the break on putts.

In my bag:

DRIVER: 905T w/ Fujikura E360 Shaft
3 Wood 906 F4 w/ Aldila Proto "By You"
Irons: MP 30 w/ Rifle 5.5 Wedges Oil Can 50*, Vokey SM 54* and 58*Putter: C-06

I wear prescription sunglasses. They start out only slightly tinted. The brighter it gets the darker the galsses get so the day always looks pretty much the same to me on the course no matter how sunny it gets. I couldn't find my ball without glasses so I keep them on the entire round

• 3 years later...
I play with my sunglass on . It is a Rudy Project Exception, prescription and grey polarizer and photo chromatic . I use it during the sunny day or cloudy day . I simply love it !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

I tend to not wear sunglasses unless needed.

If I have to squint at all or I just feel the general light level is a little too high for comfort that day I wear my Ray-Ban 8306 Carbon Lite's while playing. They're ridiculously light weight and I often forget I'm wearing them.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I wear transition lenses.  They work pretty decent for the most part... until I go into the John on hole 7... then I can't see anything! ;)

Member: Branch River Country Club

Taylormade Burner Superfast Driver

Warrior Custom 3 hybrid

Taylormade Burner Superlaunch Irons 4-PW

Taylormade White Smoke MC-72 putter

I swear by tifosi sunglasses.  Currently rocking the pave with with high speed red fototec lenses. They have super clear optics and the fototec lenses adjust to the light perfectly.  I have just started taking possible sun damage seriously. I know wear a bucket hat and sunglasses. They haven't affected my game at all.

Go with Ray Ban Daddy-O's Polarized. They have all different shapes for all different faces. The vision is great. I tend forget that I even have sunglasses on when I wear these. Also, after wearing a pair for four years, I never saw a scratch. When the lenses got dirty, something about them made the dirt not very visable. I replaced the sunglasses with a pair polarized Oakleys. I hate them. I feel like they don't block the sun as well. I still have to squint. The vision isn't as great. They get scratched to hell very easily, although I must say the scratches don't really impair the sight through the lense like I expected them too. I guess I should also say, the Ray Bans were a sports model, while the Oakleys I got were more for style. Here are the pictures:

Ray-Ban-DADDY-O

oakley-frogskins-black.jpg

Also, if you get a nice pair of sunglasses, invest 5 bucks in a pair of croakies. The only way my Ray Bans made it 4 years was because they were strapped to me when I would take them off.

Someone told me sunglasses and golf were a no-no. Is this true? I was told it messes with depth perception.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by codwater

Someone told me sunglasses and golf were a no-no. Is this true? I was told it messes with depth perception.

No truth to that rumor. And I believe it's more about polarized lenses than sunglasses in general.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by codwater

Go with Ray Ban Daddy-O's Polarized. They have all different shapes for all different faces. The vision is great. I tend forget that I even have sunglasses on when I wear these. Also, after wearing a pair for four years, I never saw a scratch. When the lenses got dirty, something about them made the dirt not very visable. I replaced the sunglasses with a pair polarized Oakleys. I hate them. I feel like they don't block the sun as well. I still have to squint. The vision isn't as great. They get scratched to hell very easily, although I must say the scratches don't really impair the sight through the lense like I expected them too. I guess I should also say, the Ray Bans were a sports model, while the Oakleys I got were more for style. Here are the pictures:

Also, if you get a nice pair of sunglasses, invest 5 bucks in a pair of croakies. The only way my Ray Bans made it 4 years was because they were strapped to me when I would take them off.

Yea polarized can make the greens look too flat but some people dont have a problem wearing polarized while golfing. Most sunglass companies like Oakley say to stay away from them for golf. Oakley makes a golf specific lens, the G30 non polarized. Alot of pros use the G30 and there even some that wear Oakleys lens's like Positive Red iridium non polarized (rory M and Ian Poulter). I plan on picking up a pair of Oakley fast jackets for golf soon

Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!