IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

I own a new TM Burner 9.5 with reg. flex shaft...only bought it on Friday - yet to take it out on the course. On the range it is a bomber of note, they seem to be going straight & far... hopefully it is half as good on the course as it is on the range!!!

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MacTec NVG2 Tour. Tried all the major brands at a club fitting session and this one worked the best for me. Not very pretty, but ball flight is great and it goes forever.

Nicklaus Dual Point.

This is the club King Kong would use to swat airplanes out of the sky!

I had a Nike SQ, but just never hit it as far or as straight.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

I just got the TM R580XD. Nice and straight for me and the shots I hit perfectly go about 225 yards with range balls. I haven't hit it at a course yet.

That is my current back up driver. I just can't see ever getting rid of it. I replaced it (currently) with a Nickent Gemini II with an AccuFlex shaft that is more accurate... but not as long. If I can keep my ego in check I hope to keep the Geminin in the bag for the full season... but the odds are the 580XD will have at least a couple of appearances.

• Administrator
Titleist 907D2, 9.5°, UST ProForce v2 76 Stiff

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use the Nike SQ Sumo unsqared, and I absolutely love it. I switched over from a Cobra Ti, and although I lost a little (very little) distance, I find the Sumo is far more accurate.
Jody B.

Cobra Speed Pro S 9.5 X-Stiff
Cleveland Hibore XLS 3WTaylor Made Super Steel 5W (Steel Shaft)Cleveland Hibore XLS 3 Hybrid (Steel Shaft)Titleist AP1 5-GapCleveland CG14 56Cleveland CG14 60Odyssey 3Ball 33" Putter

i never used a driver untill i got fitted for my Nike Sq. i was in awe of how well it hit and how forgiving it was. i tried many drivers before that one but once i hit it i knew that it was the club for me!!!

At the end of last year, I'd bought a Ben Hogan CS3 driver. I wasn't complaining, since it came with an aldila NV shaft (at a hundred bucks...). However, the shaft was too stiff and it felt like hitting a tin can that only went 200 yards with a slice of varying degree (ranging from a slight fade to a vicious slice that lands in the wrong fairway). I just got a Cobra F/Speed driver to replace that, and I'm crushing the ball 270 yards down the middle, with a slight draw.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I'm currently not using a driver... because mine is in the mail. I purchased that 907D2 and I'm still waiting upon its arrival. Tomorrow it is due to come in. Too bad I can't play for the next 5 days.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

I have the R5 (neutral) and love it. The Aldila shaft is sweet too. I tried my dad's R7 and while a very nice club the R5 I find more than meets my needs...consistent and off center hits still put the ball out there
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

I had the R580XD I bought early last year. The face cracked while I was in Japan (Hard Range Balls) I called Taylor Made and they overnighted an R5 to me for free. They did not even require a picture or anything, just took my word for it. I have always used TM, but now I know I will for life!!! Great customer service goes a long way in my book.

R5 Dual 9.5
F50 16.5
R7 TP 3-PW
RAC Satin 52 and 56 deg
Vokey 59 deg Studio Newport 2 HX Tour 56

13 Snake Eyes 600T, Aldila NV65-S.
(Great club, easy 245 yds, but high loft for a driver).

On the way in the mail - guaranteed to be venomous!
9.5 Snake Eyes Black Mamba, UST Proforce V2-R.

My 14 Clubs
1W TM R1
3W 5W TM RBZ pro
P-4 Irons Mizuno MP54

Note: This thread is 4045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!