IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

I use the Titleist 775cbs with NS Pro Regular flex shaft, - 1/2 " , Golf Pride tour Velvet grips, standard loft and lie.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Callaways.....been playing them since 93 or so. The new x-tours are awesome.

In the bag:
Driver-:Launcher
Hybrid-:Srixon hybrids 3
Irons 4-PW-:
Wedges- Callaway X-tour "Mack Daddies"Putter-:mizuno bettinardiBall- Pro V1 ZUR c Bridgestone B330SThey call me the bus driver cuz I'll be taken your ass to school!!!!

I like Callaways.....been playing them since 93 or so. The new x-tours are awesome.

I'm sure you meant X-Forged. I agree, Callaway produces user friendly irons. One of them, Fusion, is the most forgiving. If you want more forgiveness, you go to church.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Cleveland TA7's, when I bought them I was looking for forgiveness without a clunky look, and these did it for me and have been great. Now I'm considering the X18-Pro's hoping I still have plenty forgiveness while losing some of the offset. Hope to demo some soon before vendors run out!

Driver: Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5*, Fit-On Red Shaft
3 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha 16*
Hybrid: HiBore 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW, 2* Flat
Wedges: CG11 50* (2*Flat),54*(1*Flat),58*(1*Flat) Low Bounce AllPutter: Yes! DiannaBall of Choice: Srixon AD333, Wilson ZIP, TF Gamer

I'm sure you meant X-Forged.

Yeah my bad......I got the x tours at the end of last season so they still seem new to me....lol... I have been trying a mis-match set this year. I have the 4-6 irons in fusion and the 7-pw in x-tour. I have to say that so far I am really happy with the results.

In the bag:
Irons 4-PW-:
Wedges- Callaway X-tour "Mack Daddies"Putter-:mizuno bettinardiBall- Pro V1 ZUR c Bridgestone B330SThey call me the bus driver cuz I'll be taken your ass to school!!!!

I like the Mizuno MP-60, good feel and a skinny shot won't drop your finger tips.

In the bag:
Driver-Cleveland HiBore XLS Tour 10.5s
Hybrids-Adams Pro Gold
Irons-Srixon I-701Tour PX6.0
Wedges-Srixon WG 50*/56*Putter-Rife BarbadosBalls-Bridgestone B330S

As Of Now Ive Got Adams Gt2 Undercut. There My First Full Set Of Irons As Ive Only Been Playing For About 2 Years Now. I Hit Them Great So Im Happy With Them For Now. Hit Em High N Drop Em Soft.

SuperQuad 9.5 stiff
GT2 Undercut
Harmonized *52 *56
Black OZ

Yeah my bad......I got the x tours at the end of last season so they still seem new to me....lol... I have been trying a mis-match set this year. I have the 4-6 irons in fusion and the 7-pw in x-tour. I have to say that so far I am really happy with the results.

I haven't tried hitting with X-Tour...yet. So, how do you think Fusion compared to X-Tour? If you had to choose only one set, which one would it be? And why?

One more thing, X-Forged is the new X-Tour 2007 (they're bit different). Have you demo-ed it yet?
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Just got a set of forged Titleist 755s and I'm going to play them tomorrow. Here's to hoping that I play them as well on the course as I did in the shop. They have a great feel, that's for sure.

Burner 10.5° (Mitsu Fubuki 63TPR)
QuadPro 13° 3W (ProForce65 S-flex)
Snake Eyes Viper450 22° 7W (ProForce75 S-flex)
755 forged (Tri-Spec stiff)
Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56°/10° Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 62°/4° i-Series Half Moon Tour B330

I haven't tried hitting with X-Tour...yet. So, how do you think Fusion compared to X-Tour? If you had to choose only one set, which one would it be? And why?

I really like the fusions, they are the most forgiving irons I think I have ever hit. I had some problems working the ball. The x-tours are in my opinion the most forgiving forged irons ever. With the deep cavity on these irons they have the look of a cast club with the soft workable fill of forged. I love them. I just cant get myself to play forged long irons.. Just me ...lol

I haven't had a chance to try the new x-forged but they look awesome. More of a traditional look. Knowing callaway they are probably the best.

In the bag:
Irons 4-PW-:

Don't you think "forged" is a bit overrated? Oh, I'm using Callaway Fusion by the way. According to Callaway, Fusion is neither cast nor forged. They claimed it to be fusion. So, is it cast or forged? I'm confused. Anyway, Fusion has very crisp sound and soft feel at impact if you hit it right, which I'm sure you will most of the time. It sounds crispier and better than my friend's Titleist 690CB. Hmm...? fusioncal

I personally believe they are overated. My Pings "feel" great and I played for years with McGregor forged muscle back blades... But that's what the pros play so everyone wants that I guess.

Fusions are assemblies of cast parts, composite materials and possibly forged (don't know). All I know is they are very expensive and seem to be popular.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

OK. I'm getting ready to make my life altering descision. I'm going to order my new irons in the next week or two. I was pretty set on the Titleist 775cb until I went to Golfsmith and did a Hot Stix sesion. They have you hit about 20 shots with a monitor and get a fel for your game. After that they reccomend the irons that are best for you. The Titleists were nowhere to be found. I asked the guy about them and he didn't think they would be right for me either. Even though they are more expensive than all the others that came up, he didn't try to get me to but them. That actually impressed me a little. The two that came up at the top of the list were the TaylorMade r7 and the Callaway X-20. The Mizuno MX 25 was also on the list. Normally I could just hit a dozen balls with each and pick the best. The problem is, I play +1" and 2 degrees upright. They don't have demos of those clubs in that size. Anyone out there playing these irons that has feed back? All 3 sets had perfect 5 Star feedback on Golfsmith's website.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

OK. I'm getting ready to make my life altering descision. I'm going to order my new irons in the next week or two. I was pretty set on the Titleist 775cb until I went to Golfsmith and did a Hot Stix sesion. They have you hit about 20 shots with a monitor and get a fel for your game. After that they reccomend the irons that are best for you. The Titleists were nowhere to be found. I asked the guy about them and he didn't think they would be right for me either. Even though they are more expensive than all the others that came up, he didn't try to get me to but them. That actually impressed me a little. The two that came up at the top of the list were the TaylorMade r7 and the Callaway X-20. The Mizuno MX 25 was also on the list. Normally I could just hit a dozen balls with each and pick the best. The problem is, I play +1" and 2 degrees upright. They don't have demos of those clubs in that size. Anyone out there playing these irons that has feed back? All 3 sets had perfect 5 Star feedback on Golfsmith's website.

Unfortunately you have the same problem that took me more than a month to decide. I think you have 3-GREAt clubs to choose from, amoung many others out there.

The only advise I have for you, considering you couldn't go wrong with either of them, is to go back and hit the 3-different clubs again. Whichever feels best in your hands / swing, buy them and leave the store until they come in with your specs! Run..... Or you'll go crazy!
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

There is another store in the area that often has clubs in +1" and has an outdoor range. I may stop by there and check it out. They are also having their demo days this month. Unfortunately, TaylorMade and Callaway are never there the same day to do a side by side.

My big hang up is that I have a Titleist Driver, 3 Wood, 2 Hybrid, Vokey Wedge and a Scotty Putter. It would be nice to have a matching set. Then again, until they are willing to pay me and give me free clubs, I need to go with what works for me.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!