IGNORED

Which wedges do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to wedges? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually have never hit a Vokey, but I love my Cleveland CG10s in the black pearl finish! Probably won't switch any time soon..

Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

I use the Titleist 775cb pitching and gap wedges that came with my iron set. Additionally, I use a Vokey Spin Mill 56.14 Sand Wedge ( chrome finish ) with the NS Pro shaft installed, which matches my other irons. I don't have a lot of experience with other wedges, but I would guess that there are few if any designed better than the Vokey wedges.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Miura Wedges, hands down the best I've ever used, they cost a little more but it's money well spent

Driver: Callaway FT-9 I-MIX -Aldila VooDoo XVS7
Wood: Callaway FT Tour #3 - Fujikura Fit-On E370 X-Flex
Hybrid: TM Rescue Mid #3 - Project X Flighted 6.5
Irons: Mizuno MP52 (3-PW) - Project X Flighted 6.5
Wedges: Muria 54* & 60* - Rifle SpinnerPutter: Scotty Cameron Red X2Ball: Pro V1

Eveleth has the best Avatar (picture) I have ever seen.

By the way, I use Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can wedges.

Second hole ever playing them I hit a flop shot in, ON THE DOWNSLOPE OF A SLIPPERY GREEN!

Note: The weeks before my purchase I was using the Taylormade TP Black, which doesn't come close in feel. This was also a big tournament and I went on to shoot a 77, good for the course.

Trust me, I switch wedges at least once a year if not more, depending on how the grooves are holding up. I have always loved Vokey's and have occasionally strayed away from them to try Cleveland CG10, Nike TW, and Taylormade TP Black, I always go back to the same conclusion. Titleist makes a kick ass wedge!!!!!!

P.S.- For those of you that said they like their CG10 wedge, just wait. I have never seen a wedge wear so horribly in my life . After 4 months of use the face turned to gold and the there was no grooves to speak of. I will give you however the fact that for the first couple weeks, it is the best wedge money can buy. If I'm on tour great, bring me a new CG10 every two weeks, I'll be a happy camper. For those who live in the real world (pay for wedges), we need a wedge that can hold up for at least a year.

Driver: Speed Pro D 9.5*

3 Wood: 904F4 15.5*

Hybrid: 585.H 19*Irons: MP-32 4-PWWedges: 52* CG12 DSG 58* CG12 DSG 64* CG12 DSGPutter: custom Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-SlantBall: Pro V1x

Thanks Bighitta, she does put a smile on your face

Driver: Callaway FT-9 I-MIX -Aldila VooDoo XVS7
Wood: Callaway FT Tour #3 - Fujikura Fit-On E370 X-Flex
Hybrid: TM Rescue Mid #3 - Project X Flighted 6.5
Irons: Mizuno MP52 (3-PW) - Project X Flighted 6.5
Wedges: Muria 54* & 60* - Rifle SpinnerPutter: Scotty Cameron Red X2Ball: Pro V1

Just ordered a Titleist Vokey 200 Series 252.08 and Vokey Spin Milled SM56.10, SM60.04.

Can not wait until they arrive!

Gamers:
Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5* (Aldila VS Proto 65s)
3 Woood: Ping G5, 15* (Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75s)
Hybrid: Adams Idea A2, 3i/20* (Aldila NV 85s)
Irons (4-PW): Ping Eye2+ Black Dot (KT Steel Stiff)Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 Series 252.08, Spin-Milled SM56.10/SM60.04Putter: Guerin Rife...

Just ordered a Titleist Vokey 200 Series 252.08 and Vokey Spin Milled SM56.10, SM 60.04.

You made a good choice. I bought a SM 60.04 earlier this year and I absolutely love it. I've had such great results and I'm making shots that I never was before. Or maybe it's just because I never played with a 60* prior. I'd like to think it's the Vokey though, heh.

905R 9.5* | Steelhead Plus 15.5*, 18*
MX-25 3-PW | T-Zoid Pro II 3-PW
Vokey SM TC 60.04
Special SI Anser II

You made a good choice. I bought a SM 60.04 earlier this year and I absolutely love it. I've had such great results and I'm making shots that I never was before. Or maybe it's just because I never played with a 60* prior. I'd like to think it's the Vokey though, heh.

Yeah, I do like a 60 degree wedge as well. I've been using some older Cobras (54 and 60 degree), but since I'm taking the three iron out and adding a gap wedge I thought I'd treat myself all the way around with Vokeys.

Gamers:
Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5* (Aldila VS Proto 65s)
3 Woood: Ping G5, 15* (Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75s)
Hybrid: Adams Idea A2, 3i/20* (Aldila NV 85s)
Irons (4-PW): Ping Eye2+ Black Dot (KT Steel Stiff)Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 Series 252.08, Spin-Milled SM56.10/SM60.04Putter: Guerin Rife...

• 2 weeks later...
I use a Cleveland 588 sand and a Cleveland 900 50* gap wedge.
After hitting my son's Mizuno (MP29) today I am not sure I won't give them a try. The feel on the Mizuno is awesome.

I've got 588 wedges and may upgrade to the CG 10's. Can't go wrong with either though.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I've got 588 wedges and may upgrade to the CG 10's. Can't go wrong with either though.

I had the 588's and got the CG10's after the 588 were worn out...you can't go wrong with either as far as feel and classic look.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

• 2 months later...
Currently using TM TP black 54 degrees 8 degrees bounce. I really like the weight and the black finish. The sound it makes takes getting used to. I used to use Vokey spin milled and could not hit them well, maybe it was not the right club for my swing, I had 54 with 14 bounce and 60 with 4 bounce, extreme ends. Got rid of them both and got the TM, I am now planning to get a TM 60 degrees.

What's in the Bag

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425
5 Wood: Cleveland Launcher
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual #3Irons 3 thru p: Titleist 690 CBWedges: Taylor Made TP 54 degrees Putter: Ping Anser

Should be receiving a couple Cleveland CG-11s in the Black Pearl finish any day now. Went with a 54* and a 58*, medium bounce on both of them. Thought about going with low bounce on the 54* but figured the extra 2 degrees of bounce might give it a little more versatility (if it doesn't I'm not out much money since I got them for a good price). The 58* will probably end up being a sand/strong lob wedge for me while the 54* ends up being the shorter of my two gap wedges. Hopefully it will all work out.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!