IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

I am very new to golf. I was using a Taylormade Nubbins but bought a Nickent Pipe. The Pipe was too picky for me. I either hit the sweet spot and shot it by the hole, or hit it off-center and left it wayyy short.

Anyhow, I was in Golf Galaxy and tried different putters, new and used, for about 45 minutes. The Scotty Cameron Futura was the one I kept picking up and using, so I ended up using it. I LOVE it so far.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Ray Cook Custom Mallet that was my Grandfathers putter. It's from the early to mid 60's, and I have a $9 Golfmate putter.....I really want to get a 2-ball odyssey, does anyone have one for sale?
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Ping Anser 2. It's a classic and I love the feel.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

Odyssey White Hot XG #1 as below

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

Just switched from the rossa daytona to the cameron newport 2, First thing I noticed was how far the ball skids before it starts to roll. Not sure if I'm buying the hype of the SC, May switch to Ping redwood or Bettinardi C03.

In the bag:
Driver-Cleveland HiBore XLS Tour 10.5s
Hybrids-Adams Pro Gold
Irons-Srixon I-701Tour PX6.0
Wedges-Srixon WG 50*/56*Putter-Rife BarbadosBalls-Bridgestone B330S

Puku belly putter! Adjustable and I love it! Also a Yes! Victoria putter. I like it, but not as much.

In the bag:

Driver: F-Speed 12*
3 Wood: r7 draw
5 Wood: F-SpeedHybrid: a3 boxerIrons: Ignite 4-PWWedges: 53 Phil Rogers, vokey 56, 588 60Putter: Victoria or Puku belly

1st gen Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless

Driver: Taylormade R7 Superquad TP 8.5 (Fujikura Motore F1 75 X-Stiff)
3-Wood: Cleveland Tour Head 13 (Matrix Ozik Code-8 X-Stiff)
Irons: Titleist 690 MB 3 and 4 iron (Dynamic X-100) 5 - PW (Dynamic Tour X7)
Wedges: Titleist Spin Milled 55 and 59 Degree
Putter: Titleist Studio Stainless 1st Gen.

I'm using a TaylorMade Rossa Classic Daytona 1 that I got from a friend for my b-day.
Inside the OGIO Exodus
Driver: Ping G10 10.5* w/ TFC129 Stiff 45"
Hybrid: Nike SQ Sumo2 #4 & Sumo #2 w/ DG S300
Irons: Callaway X-20 5-PW w/ DG S300 2* Up
Wedges: Nike SV Tour Black 52.10 - 56.10 - 60.6 w/ DG S400Putter: Tour Bettinardi 32.5" Loft 3* Lie 70*Ball: Precept U-Tri Tour / Bridgestone...

Taylor Made Rossa Monza Corza. I find it promotes a very smooth stroke but I'm considering adding a little more weight.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

I have the Odyssey White Hot XG 9, its the same one that Phil uses, I love it rarely do I ever miss the sweet spot on the face.

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

i just picked up a cleveland vp-5 and i love it...it just seems to have the nicest feel to me
In My Blue & Silver Sasquatch Tour Bag:
Driver: 10.5° Tour Burner TP
3 Wood: Tour Burner Tour
5 Wood Burner TP
Hybrid: Rescue TP 17°5-PW: R7 TP Flighted Rifle 5.5Wedges: 52°&60° cg12 Black Pearl 56° 588 Classic GunmetalPutter: Circa '62 No. 1 Oil CanBall: e6+

Taylor Made Rossa Mezza Monza, the price was appealing, and it is a good putter, my putting confidence has been fairly lowlately, but as much as id like to blame the putter, it is me.

WITB:
983k 9.5 - Aldila NV65
Apex Hybrid
755 - Project X flighted - 4-PW
Vokey 200 Series - 52 Vokey SM - 56,60 Rossa Mezza Monza

Odyssey XG 2 ball SRT. Have had pretty good luck with it and am going to be trying the Marksman mallet putter fairly soon. I like the feel of the XG insert.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

i use a never compromise gm#1 model at 35inches.looking for a milled series 1 model.i like the feel and weight of the milled series.the gray matter series is a little light for me.

Ping Zing that I've had for 14 years-don't make me choose between my putter or my wife....just kidding honey!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Note: This thread is 4100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!