IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

As my signature says:
PING Karsten Series Putter Anser2 34"
I Like the classic look and feel!
And I like the results with that putter too!!!

Weapons of choice:
Big Bertha 460 Driver
3W Big Bertha (2007)
TaylorMade r7 Draw Rescue Hybrid Wood #3TaylorMade RAC OS 2 IronsMens Vokey Spin Milled Tour 56 & 60PING Karsten Series Anser2 (I like the classic look and feel)Whatever Ball is on sale (currently Pro V1 2007)

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to use a scotty cameron 2.5 but it got stolen so now i use a cobra which is really lame

I've got the Studio Style Newport 2 33/350 GREAT PUTTER.

In the
Oakley Bag
Driver : Sasquatch Tour 9.5°
3 Wood : Speed Pro X 15°
Irons : X-Tour Forged S300Wedges : Tiger Woods Edition 56° and 60°Putter : Studio Style Newport 2 33/350Balls : One Platinum

Yes! Tracy.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Odyssey Ultra Hot XG Two Ball Putter cut down to 30 inches!

Taylormade BSF 2.0 9.5° Driver

2011 Burner 3 Wood

2007 Burner TP 5 Wood
Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Irons
09 Spin Milled Vokeys- 46°, 52°, 58° Wedges CG-14 60° Wedge Odyssey Black Series i #1 Putter

34" Cleveland VP5 mallet w/ IOmic grip

Hey i was looking at picking that one up. I tried it out at the store and it seems to make the ball feel really soft which I liked. How has it treated you on the course?

What's in my Warbird bag

Driver: FT-5
Wood: Cobra Speed LD (5 Wood)
Hybrid: Burner Rescue (5H)Irons: Slingshot 4D 4-GW Wedge: CG14 (50 degree, 60 degree)Putter: Monza Corza Ball: Tour i

Hey i was looking at picking that one up. I tried it out at the store and it seems to make the ball feel really soft which I liked. How has it treated you on the course?

Well the putter itself is great for me because I seem to hit putts with too much power, the insert (which feel great may add) softens the blow and makes solid contact with the ball. toe and heel hits do not suffer and only lose maybe half a foot of length. the only bad thing i would say about this putter is when you have a super super long putt(25ft and up) you lose a lot of accuracy cause you really need to hit the ball. Anything under 25ft works like a hot knife cutting through butter...haha

The dual axis alignment aid really does get you set up correctly over the ball and the black mallet head is well manufactured and weight balanced for smooth balanced putting strokes. For Cleveland this is a winner. AND the IOmic putting grip is the icing on the cake, I recommend every one try this grip al least once in your life. Feel Feel Feel. The price is a little higher then most putter grips but well worth it. I hope that helps.

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

Well the putter itself is great for me because I seem to hit putts with too much power, the insert (which feel great may add) softens the blow and makes solid contact with the ball. toe and heel hits do not suffer and only lose maybe half a foot of length. the only bad thing i would say about this putter is when you have a super super long putt(25ft and up) you lose a lot of accuracy cause you really need to hit the ball. Anything under 25ft works like a hot knife cutting through butter...haha

Ya I knew I should have picked up that putter instead of the TM I bought. I'm going to have to go back and pick it up. Thanks for the insite, really made my mind up.

What's in my Warbird bag

Hybrid: Burner Rescue (5H)Irons: Slingshot 4D 4-GW Wedge: CG14 (50 degree, 60 degree)Putter: Monza Corza Ball: Tour i

Hey Playhouse how do you like those new wedges. They chew any of your balls up, and how far can ya hit those two?

What's in my Warbird bag

I play an Odyssey #3. Pretty old, so Im looking into a new one. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the new Odyssey Sabertooth? I really like the look, but havent gotten to Dicks to try one out. Anyone have any experience? Pros Cons?

P.S. Been doing a lot of small tasks and chores to save the money , want to put it into something worth it.

In my Extreme Sport II Carry bag:
Burner Draw 9.5
Firesole 5 Wood
Firesole 3-PW
PureSpin GW and LW (Low price, High quality)Spalding SW XG Sabertooth Laddie Extreme for practice. Juice, with HS insignia printed.Soon to be: r7 Draw preowned 3-PWELHS VARSITY GOLFER!

I play an Odyssey #3. Pretty old, so Im looking into a new one. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the new Odyssey Sabertooth? I really like the look, but havent gotten to Dicks to try one out. Anyone have any experience? Pros Cons?

I recently bought a sabertooth, and oh my goodness do i love this thing. I call it the kitty. THE KITTY IS TO BE FEARED WHEN I BRING IT OUT!

It took me about 2 rounds to get used to it, but now I'm putting like a god. Yesterday I had only 1 3-putt(it was from the fringe with bad pin placement), with 3 1-putts, and the rest were 2-putts. I previously had an older Odyssey myself and the upgrade to the sabertooth is amazing. ONLY CON- The headcover gets annoying

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Odyssey XG #3, best looking and feeling putter that ive used.
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

I just bought a Ping Karsten B60 and played with it yesterday. I love this putter. I had lost all confidence in my Heavy Putter as far as distance control is concerned, but with the B60, I am lagging it to tap-in distance much more often. I'm going to keep the HP for now in case I need a different feel at some point.

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

When I saw the Sabertooth I immediately was digging the look and wanting to try it. I really like the two-ball SRT with the XG insert- after trying the sabertooth, it reminds me of the SRT with a bit less weight and less stability/MOI. I'll buy one when my wife gets more used to the concept of a putter collection!

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

When I saw the Sabertooth I immediately was digging the look and wanting to try it. I really like the two-ball SRT with the XG insert- after trying the sabertooth, it reminds me of the SRT with a bit less weight and less stability/MOI. I'll buy one when my wife gets more used to the concept of a putter collection!

So, Im taking it that you liked that 'Tooth? Im really looking into one, and some opinions would be great!

In my Extreme Sport II Carry bag:
Burner Draw 9.5
Firesole 5 Wood
Firesole 3-PW
PureSpin GW and LW (Low price, High quality)Spalding SW XG Sabertooth Laddie Extreme for practice. Juice, with HS insignia printed.Soon to be: r7 Draw preowned 3-PWELHS VARSITY GOLFER!

Note: This thread is 4100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!