IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

I have a few:

Odyssey Black Swirl Proto #3

Callaway Tour Blue TT2

Taylormade Fontana Tour

Cameron Fastback

Nike Method

Eying up a Piretti and a Sizemore now...

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just won a Never Compromise Gambler Straight putter on ebay. Should be here this week, and depending on how that plays out, I may pick up a Ping Sydney. Or if I can ever find a store that carries one to try out, a Kombi/Kombi S.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

I have a Nike Ignite, TM Monte Carlo, SC Newport 2 Detour and a SC California Coronado.

Hated the Nike. The RSI insert in the Monte Carlo was way too soft. I bought the Coronado for the simple beauty of it. For me, there is no better putter than the Newport Detour. Turns the ball into a hole seeking missile..

Titleist 909D2 Driver,   Adams F11 3 wood,    Adams Pro Gold 3 hybrid,   ,

Mizuno JPX 800 Pros w/ KBS Tour stiff  4 - GW,   Nike VR Pro 54 & 58 Wedges, Nike Method 001 Putter,

Nike 20XI X ball in an Titleist Lightweight stand bag.

SC Newport 2 - as of today:)!

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

edit:

Piretti Terramo 33" Big Lite 2... should be here soon....

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

Ping CRAZ-E. I really like it. I can't putt worth a crap with blade putters.

I had a Target Line putter but I broke the head off of it when I dropped it on the ground beside me so I could chip. A friend traded me a Ping Anser for my Callaway Diablo Big Bertha 3 wood that I can't hit very well (gave $45 for it). Then about a week later I jokingly suggested to a guy in the pro shop that I had a putter that I would trade him for the CRAZ-E he had and when he told me to show him what I had I was surprised that he was willing to trade. He looked at the Anser and told me that he would take $20 plus my putter for it so I didn't hesitate.

The CRAZ-E was fourth on my list of most wanted putters.

The list is

1. Ping Sydney

2. Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

3. Ping Scottsdale CRAZ-E TOO

4. Ping CRAZ-E

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

I'm a huge Scotty Cameron homer, but what I have found is the loft and lie of the Scotty Cameron's seem to fit my putting storke the best.  I know other OEM's make them the same, but I still find them to be what fits me best.  I'm not a fan of inserts in putters, I find the SC to be the softest putters I have ever tried, another reason I am such a big fan.

I actually bought off of eBay a Ping Redwood Anser, which is suppose to have the same specs as a SC.  I putted with it some and it didn't seem right, so I took my SC Circa 62 #3 and the Anser to my local club fitter.  He checked the specs on the #3 and they were dead on for what was published, the Anser was not (probably altered by the original owner).  He bent the Anser to the same specs as the #3 and I could tell with one putt that was the problem.  I have since used the Anser for numerous rounds, actually had 11 putts in 9 holes during league play last summer.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Odyssey white hot xg #1 - 35 inches.

It's my first quality putter, my only other putter being an old beat up Titliest Deadcenter that I think i paid $10 for. I've had it for about a year now and am pretty pleased. Most of the time its the operator that frustrates me most :-)

TaylorMade Superfast Burner 10.5* | TaylorMade R5 Dual 3W | Callaway X 3Hybrid | Callaway X-18R 4-PW | Callaway X Series Jaws Wedges 52*, 56*, 60* | Odyssey White Hot XG #1 Putter | Nike M9 Cart Bag | TaylorMade Penta TP 

Nike Method 005 & 35" in length.

This thing is just solid! Feels great off the face. And it does exactly what the technology claims. Instant forward roll. No skipping.

My backup is a 35" Scotty Cameron Kombi S… I may be the only guy on here with a Scotty as a "back-up" Hahaha

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Right now I use an Odyssey Black Series i #6 at 33 inches.  Before that I had  Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna II which got stolen.  I've also had other Scotty Cameron putters (a Newport Mid-Slant, Catalina, Circa 62 No. 1, and Bullseye) and Odyssey putters (a White Hot XG Two Ball and Dual Force #5).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Nike Method 005 & 35" in length.

This thing is just solid! Feels great off the face. And it does exactly what the technology claims. Instant forward roll. No skipping.

It's pretty amazing how people will swallow advertising  and PR and then not only claim it as an experience, but elaborate upon it.

The Nike Method does not make the ball roll forward instantly. Nor does Nike claim that it does.

Their own videos show this.

Getting the ball rolling "instantly" is only possible on very short putts(with any putter)  and that has nothing to do with putter technology and everything to do with physics.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Odysset White Ice #1

35" Length

340 grams (+6 grams of lead tape)

I love this putter, its well balanced, great feel, rolls the ball really well

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 for 30 months now: For reasons I myself do not understand, this is the only putter I have ever used which gives me consistent straight roll with predictable pace from more than 3 feet out, when I imagine or visualize "hitting a high draw" on the stroke - absurd as that may sound. I suppose the visualization of the draw improves a fluid stroke pertinently through the ball. I will not be able to putt using anything else, to be honest.

I dropped my Odyssey 2-ball blade for a Cleveland VP-09 blade just over a year ago and love it.  The two ball really helped with my alignment but I'd lost all feel for speed (I think because of the weight).  I went from a 35" with the 2-ball to a 33" with the VP-09.  Much better on speed/touch/feel.  The built-in alignment aids on the VP-09 are suttle but really seem to work for me.  Actually, had one of my best putting days in years on Saturday.  Sunk one 25' putt (1st hole too!), two 15' putts and about 70% of my 6-8" putts.  I was flying high.

I'm surprised the VP-09 wasn't more popular (or the VP series as a whole).  Not cheap but not that expensive.  Here's a pic of the VP-09:

i-vp109blade.jpg

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

Note: This thread is 4095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!