IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4096 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

I have a Cobra Optica putter, and I originally bought it just to have full Cobra clubs, but now I really like it and my putter is like twice better than it was before. I also like the Odyssey putters, as they have a softer feel.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odyssey, love my putter. slightly offset which killed me when i fisrt got the putter but love it now.

Didn't like the grip, but that was an easy fix

Driver- 580XD
3wood and 5 wood- Wal-Mart special
Irons- MX-25 4-pw
Wedges- MX-25 gw 51* 588 56*
Putter- DFX5500

I just switched to the Scotty Cameron Circa 62 a while ago and I love it.
My old putter had bad glare and the charcoal finish is relly nice on the 62. Another great aspect is that the putter gives you feedback, (as stupid as it sounds), if you don't make a good stroke you will know it and overtime it has helped my groove my stroke.

Driver: Speed Pro D 9.5*

3 Wood: 904F4 15.5*

Hybrid: 585.H 19*Irons: MP-32 4-PWWedges: 52* CG12 DSG 58* CG12 DSG 64* CG12 DSGPutter: custom Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-SlantBall: Pro V1x

Odyssey XG #1. I'm happy with it. I'm not the greatest putter though.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

Right now I'm using a cheap Wilson Harmonized Blade. I bought it right before my first ever golf outing without knowing anything. Now I'm used to it, and consider my putting the best part of my game.

However, the last time I went to Golfsmith the Ping Answer Redwood Blade felt great. There are a couple of clubs I want to replace before the putter though, so for now I'm sticking with the ol' Wilson.

I just bought a Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3 model and I dont know why I waited so long to get one. My thinking was always "why spend so much for a putter". Well after shooting an 89 with 43 putts (OUCH!), I went the next day and bought it. It was a week ago and I love it. It has tremendous feel and my lag putts have been excellent. Rolled in a 90+ ft birdie today and I'm still giddy over it :)

What's in my bag
Driver: Callaway FT- I 9 degree Tour Stiff Fujikura Speeder Shaft
3 Wood: King Cobra LD F-Speed 15 degree Stiff flex
Hybrids: Nickent 4 (23 degree) & 5 (26 degree)
Irons: Callaway X-20's (PW thru 6) Uniflex shaftGap Wedge: Cleveland Tour Action 52 Sand Wedge: Cleveland CG 10 56 degrees

The 2002 edition of the New Port Beach Cameron works well for me. Just this year alone I have placed in five events including two wins.
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

Used to use a Newport TeI3. Recently got an older Ping Anser. I'm really enjoying the feedback from the anser. Anyone else experience this? I'm in no position to purchase another scotty but would the pro plat. provide a similar feel. While i liked the teryllium it didn't provide the same response. Maybe it's the slot in the ping.

In my bag:
hawkeye VFT 3 & 5 woods
MX-23 3-pw
MP-T 54*, 58*Newport TeI3/anser

Tried the Ping Craz-e and didn't really like it. Great alignment, good feel though. I keep trying mallets but I continue to go back to the blade putters. I have more of a pivot type putting motion and have had difficutly with the straight back, straight through.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

I have recently purchased and now use a Scotty Cameron RED X putter w/ red baby T grip and a 33 inch shaft length. I enjoy it immensely.

just got a maxfli black max putter. It was half off of 80 bucks and its awesome. I compard it to a rossa AND THEY FELT THE SAME. Got it at dick's when i was in ohio. go out and get it before the sales over.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

I picked up a Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3 Charcoal Mist about a month ago and after a few weeks of working on my stroke to better suit a blade I have had a few AWESOME putting days in a row.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

Note: This thread is 4096 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!