IGNORED

Mizuno MP-69 irons-pic inside

Note: This thread is 4065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What do you guys think of the new mp-69's to be released in the fall? Not sure what I think yet. Love mizuno but I know of a few blades just released that I like the looks of much better but I dont know about the feel of them compared to mizzy. Im talking taylormade new MB's and The brand new 712 Titleist MB's

F94ebpn3KFpj0PIzmJeb.png

Probably plays a lot like the MP68.  Blades are blades.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Originally Posted by delav

I disagree slightly. Thats about the same as saying cavity backs are cavity backs. I think these will be higher launching because of all the meat near the sole compared to say the new taylormade MB's.

I agree.  I love blades, but see no reason to shell out hundreds/thousands of dollars for brand new ones.  If you want blades get some old ones.

Originally Posted by delav

The amount of variety in blades is minimal compared to the amount of variety in cavity backs.

Originally Posted by motteler621

I disagree slightly. Thats about the same as saying cavity backs are cavity backs. I think these will be higher launching because of all the meat near the sole compared to say the new taylormade MB's.

Originally Posted by max power

I agree.  I love blades, but see no reason to shell out hundreds/thousands of dollars for brand new ones.  If you want blades get some old ones.

I agree with that, no need to buy brand new ones. Heck I play mp-32's and will never part with them but Il try other irons. I will buy a new blade if the design is pleasing to my eye, the feel is good and the grind is good. Plus most people dont like buying beat up old clubs, cant really buy a new set of old irons while some like the used look. Just discussing the new line mizuno is coming out with,

anyone wanna buy a set of mp-69's early, found some on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/TOUR-ISSUE-MIZUNO-MP-69-IRONS-NIPPON-MODUS-3-TX120-/130548267915?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash;=item1e65487b8b

I dont think Il buy another set of mizuno blades,atleast for a long time. Im going to have my mp-32's always and I dont think there is much better of a mizuno blade than those so I dont really need to buy another set of the mizuno blade line. Might buy a different brand sometime tho

Enjoy the mp-69 pics

Those look nice! I started playing in November and bought Callaway X-20's in December.. Then about 2 months ago I picked up a set of used MP-67's for 160 just to practice with and WOW! Blades look and feel SOO much better than cast irons.. I know I need to hit the X-20 as I could use the forgiveness but it's so hard not to want to game the 67's. They just feel and look great. I absolutely love the way blades look, especially in the long irons.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I saw the full pics at the Mizuno forums and to me it looks just like my mp68 But the bottom seems a tiny bit deeper. Mp68 looks nicer IMHO. I'm thinking of buying a backup set of mp68 once the mp69 is released. You guys got any ideas if I can still get it from Mizuno or will they not make it anymore? http://www.mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3314&start;=0

• 1 year later...
Love my MP-69's. A solid shot produces the most amazing feel and sound. I don't think of the feel as buttery. Compressing a ball in the center of the MP-69 clubface sounds and feels more like a rifle firing. Recoil and the sound of slightly muffled thunder. A whoosh and a slightly metallic crack----the most beautiful sound in the world. My other set of Titleist 710-MB's don't even come close. And the forged Mizuno gap, sand and lob wedges feel incredible as well. I will never go back to cast. Forged or nothing at all. And the feedback that you get from a blade is what I would call true "game improvement."

Driver: Taylormade Superfast 2.0.  9.5 Stiff Reax 4.8

3 Wood: Taylormade Superfast 2.0 Loft 15 Stiff  Reax 4.8

Irons: Mizuno MP-64 4 iron. MP-69, 5-PW, DG S-300 Shafts. 

Wedges: Mizuno MP T-11, 50 (gap) and 56 (sand).   

Putter: Odyssey Two Ball putter (circa 2004) 

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

I have been playing the MP-69 (PW-6 iron) since mid-summer. DG S300 shafts. Love the M-21 golf pride grip. I just bought the MP-69 5 iron. I don't care for the new grip: M-31. The grip seems really small. I like the thicker M-21. At any rate, I will hit it tomorrow. But the grip makes the club seem too light or something. It feels lighter than the 6 iron. I will have to check the shaft or something. Maybe it's a DG lite shaft.

Driver: Taylormade Superfast 2.0.  9.5 Stiff Reax 4.8

3 Wood: Taylormade Superfast 2.0 Loft 15 Stiff  Reax 4.8

Irons: Mizuno MP-64 4 iron. MP-69, 5-PW, DG S-300 Shafts. 

Wedges: Mizuno MP T-11, 50 (gap) and 56 (sand).   

Putter: Odyssey Two Ball putter (circa 2004) 

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

• 2 months later...
Originally Posted by cutshot878

Love my MP-69's. A solid shot produces the most amazing feel and sound. I don't think of the feel as buttery. Compressing a ball in the center of the MP-69 clubface sounds and feels more like a rifle firing. Recoil and the sound of slightly muffled thunder. A whoosh and a slightly metallic crack----the most beautiful sound in the world. My other set of Titleist 710-MB's don't even come close. And the forged Mizuno gap, sand and lob wedges feel incredible as well. I will never go back to cast. Forged or nothing at all. And the feedback that you get from a blade is what I would call true "game improvement."

I own these bad boys - moved away from cavity back to become a ball striker - great set, will never go back to cast - Mizuno Mp 69's 5-PW wedges Mizuno R-12 52, T-11 58, 64

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 9.5*

Wood: 3 Wood Cobra S2 17*

Hybrid: 3 & 4 Hybrid Titleist PT 585 H 21* 24*

Irons: 5-PW Mizuno MP-69 

Wedges: 52*/5 R-12, 58*/10 Black Ox, 64*/7 T-11 Mizuno 

They look great but I too dont know if Id rush out to buy a set when they come out.  At this point, they are just making minor tweaks to the weighting, look and feel of them; which isnt going to make a huge difference.

The main difference from old blades to new blades are the shafts.  Shafts today are vastly superior to what they were 5 or 10 years ago.  If you are going to buy an older set of blades on Ebay, get them reshafted and get the heads refinished so that they look like new, you will end up almost spending what a new set of blades would cost.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Luke Donald is one of the best irons players and he doesn't even use blades. so i thought why do I need them. To me, the look like a blade at address.   And for the purpose of this discussion, not to tute my own horn, I am a pretty good ball striker.  But  if Luke can use a little extra forgiveness, then im sure i can too.

I generally hit a straight ball with my irons and only shape the ball when i have to,  but these the MP59's are very workable. So unless you like to shape the ball a lot i would go with the 59's (if your interested in them) for the added forgiveness.

I agree with GaijinGolfer in terms of the the shafts being a big difference.  I got the KBS shafts in my irons, and I absolutely love them.  I used to have r7 tp's with stock shafts and i never actually noticed the shaft.  But with the KBS shafts it is actually amazing how nice they fell.  So yes, definietly get fitted/re-shaft old irons.  It will improve most peoples games I'm sure.

Tiger90

They look great but I too dont know if Id rush out to buy a set when they come out.  At this point, they are just making minor tweaks to the weighting, look and feel of them; which isnt going to make a huge difference. The main difference from old blades to new blades are the shafts.  Shafts today are vastly superior to what they were 5 or 10 years ago.  If you are going to buy an older set of blades on Ebay, get them reshafted and get the heads refinished so that they look like new, you will end up almost spending what a new set of blades would cost.

I agree with you that minor tweaks are going on with the MBs, I tried the 59s and I agree the extra forgiveness is great but I wanted to play MBs for a long time - this was my way of getting back to basics - I can honestly say the DGs S300 to me feel a lot nicer than the KBS and the PX 6.0 but that's just me - I know Chris Wood plays a combo set mp59 long irons mp69 short irons

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 9.5*

Wood: 3 Wood Cobra S2 17*

Hybrid: 3 & 4 Hybrid Titleist PT 585 H 21* 24*

Irons: 5-PW Mizuno MP-69 

Wedges: 52*/5 R-12, 58*/10 Black Ox, 64*/7 T-11 Mizuno 

I'm a newbie and I'm currently playing MP-33. I got them from eBay/Gumtree at a ridiculously low price. I'll probably get them custom fitted soon. With all due respect, I don't really care at what Luke (or other pro's) are playing to determine my choices. You should play what you like and feel comfortable with. If it works for you, it doesn't really matter if Luke (or anyone else) is playing it.

So, why make it harder on myself when the game is already hard? I greatly enjoy the game and am willing to put in the time and effort to get better. I don't care about a low score. I care about my setup/fundamentals/mechanics of a proper swing. If I get that down consistently, lower score will come later.

Last but not least, I believe forgiveness comes from God. Not from your clubs. :)

PS: I admire Luke and enjoy his Mizuno Masterclass series , though. What a talented, yet a very humble, pro.

TaylorMade RBZ 9° | TaylorMade Burner SF 2.0 16.5° | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Titleist Vokey SM4 56°11 | Cleveland Classic #4

Note: This thread is 4065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!