IGNORED

painted my driver...

Note: This thread is 4454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys I got bored one day and decided since I bough my ping g15 used with ball marks on it that I would repaint it.  I was going to paint it white but decided on something a little different...I hope you guys like it!

digital camo driver.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thats different. Very nice.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

thanks guys, it got screwed up when I was down in Florida because my dad threw our bags on my golf bag so I might end up redoing it here soon in white.  Id like to get a small skull and cross bone sticker to put in the middle where the alignment arrows usually are.  I ran out of time to do it on this one because I had to leave for Florida but I will post pics of when I paint it white.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get that pattern like that?  That is very cool and good job on it!

Varsity_Golf

A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

Originally Posted by Varsity_Golf

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get that pattern like that?  That is very cool and good job on it!

Varsity_Golf

I made the stencils by taping wax paper to a clip board, I then took 3in painters tape over he wax paper.  Next I printed off digital camo onto paper with 1/4 inch squares and taped that over the tape and wax paper.  Then used a razor to cut the paper out making sure I cut the tape and wax paper.  Then you peel the wax paper off and place the sticker(tape) where you want it.

To paint it I sanded the driver down and taped it off.  Then sprayed a primer on it.  Then you use the lightest of the three colors first.  Once that dries you place some stencils where you want them, making sure they are all going the same way.  I squared mine off the face.  Then you spray the second lightest color and let that dry.  Place some more stencils on and spray the last color.  Then you take off all the stencils you put on and you can either use a female stencil to place some more of the dark color places(I could put some out towards the toe in the pic where the light color is big) Once you are finished you use a clear coat to protect the finish and you are done.  If I put a sticker on by the face as an alignment arrow I would have put that on before coating it.

I used a lacquer paint and it holds up great.  It only got damaged due to the weight on top of it and the bumping around while driving 13+ hours home from Florida.

I am going to be honest! I think it looks atrocious. The work is quality though!

Originally Posted by jhut03

Hey guys I got bored one day and decided since I bough my ping g15 used with ball marks on it that I would repaint it.  I was going to paint it white but decided on something a little different...I hope you guys like it!

I enjoy when someone thinks a bit outside the box, and I'll give you kudos for creativity and effort to do this - creating that pattern looks like a lot of work.      But personally I don't care for the look you created on a golf club, and would think that the very busy pattern would mess with your eye when trying to line up a shot.

If I were going to paint a driver head like that, I think I'd have to try out some kind of a flat black or matte black to see how that came out.

Matte Black would look sweet

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Very nice job. :-) Just don't leave it in the tall grass... ;-)

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

im not a fan of the digital camo but looks liek you did a good job, definately wont see anyoen else with that paint

TM RBZ Stage 2 9.5* Kuro Kage Silver 60s
TM V-Steel 13* 3w
Callaway BB Heavenwood 3H 20*
Cobra S2 Forged Irons
Callaway Forged Copper Wedges 52*-58*
Oddysey White hot #1

guys its not for hitting golf balls...its for sneaking up on baby deer and clubbing them in the woods!

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

It's a little busy for my eye but it looks like the work was done very well and if you like it that's all that matters. I had a launcher comp years ago that I had painted flat black and I really liked it this thread might have pushed me into having my current driver done.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

thats really awesome I need to do that. It would give me something to think about other than everything i'm doing wrong in my swing

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!