IGNORED

What make of grips do you use?

Note: This thread is 5329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What kind of grips do you use?

• Lamkin
    • Winn
    • Golf Pride
    • Others

I use either Golf Pride Dual Durometers or Tour Velvets. I used to use Lamkin cords too.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one using the Iomics? I saw one or two posts about them and they sound very nice, if pricey.
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

GP - chord grips wreck my hands after excessive use/practice - got Tour Velvets on the wedges now.

Irons: New Ping White grips but i'll be going for GP Orange Multicompound when they're worn down.

Putter - was never too pushed on the Rossa 2007 grips but wow they feel good to put with. Stick with it for now.

Woods - all TM standard grips (like GP velvet), though will be changing soon to GP orange.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Golf Pride Tour Wrap; Mid-Size.

I find the standard size feels a bit too chinsey when the jumbo's feel ridiculous.

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

Golf Pride Tour Velvet on all my clubs
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Golf Pride multi compound-red & black - absolutely brilliant. I have quite sweaty hands when I play and these are great. I discovered on Saturday when it rained they are also good in the wet!
I put them on my new clubs immediately - didn't even play one shot with the crap factory rubber ones!

What's in my X cart bag

X460 10° off the tee, usually followed by either Big Bertha 3 wood or BlueMax 7 wood-stiff graphite
Then one of theseDi7 uniflex steel 5-SW and finally the NXT tour straight in the hole using Rossa Daytona

Golf Pride Tour Velvet full cord...with the logo on the side where I can't see it...

Nicest grips I've ever owned.

Driver: FT-3 NVS Stiff
Woods: X- 3 and 5 wood fujikura stiff
irons: X-Forged 4-PW - Flighted Project X 6.0
wedges: X-Tour (52/56/60)
putter: White Hot XG #1 ball: Pro V1/ Callaway HX Tour 56

Golf pride of course.

I've tried lamkin an winn, and I've got to tell you that golf pride gives you the best feedback from the shot. The only grips I like from winn are the putting grips. The one I had was soft like silk..

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Golf Pride Tour Velvet full cord...with the logo on the side where I can't see it...

I like to have my grips like that also

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Tell me if I am crazy. Had my irons regrpped with tour velvets and they just ripped my hands apart. Without realizing it I ordered a set of grips that come standard on Ping Raptures. I liked the feel and didn't realize these are essentially tour velvets with a wrap pattern. I love these grips. It seems to me the even though they are the same the club makers must specify something different in the compound.

Driver: Bull 5000 10.5 FujiKura Vista Tour Stiff
Irons:MX25 5-PW. TT Black Gold
WoodGreat Big Bertha 4
HybridCLK Aldila Hybrid Stiff 20 and 23
Wedges: MPT RP Rifle Spinner Wedge 53 and 60Putter: Todd Sones GullaneBallHX Hot

Lamkin Dual Density Torsion Control Standard

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Note: This thread is 5329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!