IGNORED

What make of grips do you use?

Note: This thread is 5354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What kind of grips do you use?

• Lamkin
    • Winn
    • Golf Pride
    • Others

I've got Lamkin on my irons (4-PW) and Golf Pride on the rest (woods, hybrids, wedges). The grip is backwards on my 52 degree gap wedge, and a friend of mine laughed after I hit with it once, and then pointed it out. This distinction between types started because I just kept whatever grip on the clubs, as long as it fit my hand, and has grown to where I like what I have.

If I had to pick only one type for my entire set of clubs, I'd probably go with the Golf Pride. I just think it's prettier. Even though the Lamkins have notable grooves and the Golf Prides don't, the difference doesn't matter to me.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

c through, great feel, great look.
Putter: Never Compromise - GM2 3
Driver: Ping G10 10,5° / Aldila DVS 60 S
Hybrid: PP Select 5000 - 15° / True Temper Dynamic Gold x300
Irons: Titleist AP2 - 3-PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold x100
Wedges: Titleist spin milled oil - 52, 56, 62° / True Temper Dynamic Gold S300Ball: Titleist ProV1

I don't wear a glove and I like leather grips. I currently use Bidwell and Gripmaster leather grips for my sets. They have great feel and last forever.

Irons: Staff 1987 or 1967 Dyna-Power
Driver: R580
3W: Burner Bubble
5W: Quad Pro
Hybrid: Halo 3iPutter: 1955 M2

• 2 weeks later...
I play Golf Pride on all my clubs except my drivers, my hybrid and my putter.

Driver:10 degree HS9 F speed Stock Regular
FW: 15 degree sasquatch stiff
906F4 18.5 V2 proforce stiff
Hybrid: 21 585H V2 Proforce stiff
Irons: Cobra Fp 4-PW Nippon StiffWedges: CG12 56 degree Wedge Flex Putter: Rossa agsi+ Daytona 1 35"

golf pride dual durometer on putter and the golf pride tour velvets on everything else

10* Callaway FT-i w/ fujikura speeder 586 reg
15* Sonartec NP-99 w/ aldila nv 65 stiff
19* Sonartec NP-99 w/ aldila nv 65 stiff
4-pw Mizuno MP-60 w/ TTDG R300
52* Callaway X tour w/ TTDG R30058* Callaway X tour w/ TTDG R300

I had my irons re-gripped last week with Lamkin mid-size grips and I am enjoying them so far. My putter has the standard Odyssey grip and I have never changed a grip on a putter. Does anyone think it makes much difference?

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

I have the GP New Decades and I love them. My blue one on my driver looks sick coming down o my Grafolloy Blue shaft. Winn grips are good grips but they wear out way too fast and you need to change tham every 5-6 months or so. My GP grips have lasted about a year.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I have Karma on my woods and irons and Lambkin on my putter. I'm just starting out again after 15 years and that's what brands my uncle put on the clubs he made for me.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

• 2 weeks later...
I have used GP Tour Velvet cords, then for the past couple of years I switched to the Lamkin Crossline cords which I liked a lot. However, I recently switched to the GP MultiCompound Black/Blue. I really love these and playing golf in Arkansas summers with the hot, humid weather any help in club grip is welcome. Now, if Footjoy would make a glove to hold up in such conditions that would be great.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

• 1 month later...
A couple years ago right before they launched, I had the opportunity to feel the Lamkin Dual Density Torsion control grips (most people know them by the royal blue insert molded color). The feel was fantastic. I went to my club fitter in the off-season (right after they hit the market) and asked him to change the whole bag. "Minky" always steers people toward Lamkin grips, but he focuses on the more traditional Crossline series (the dark green ones).

I insisted on the blue DDTCs and have had them ever since. Two years later he tells me it's his most popular grip customers ask for. They are good in the tough weather too, though gloves are still needed in my opinion.

If the color doesn't bother you and you're looking for a new grip, give it a try.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

Lamkin Crossline Cord Red on my irons. Those are pretty and durable. Great feel. Lamkin Crosslines on my woods. I use to play New Decades but felt like switching it up. New Decades look great by the rubber part gets a little slippery sometimes.

I had Winn G8 on my old sticks, but I just got a new set of irons. I ordered them with Golfpride Tour Velvet midsize, as the Winns weren't available from Adams (at least not for a reasonable cost). Since I am super anal and must have the same grips on all my clubs, I regripped my woods and wedges with the tour velvet as well. So far I like them, but I did really love the Winns. When I regrip I'm not sure what I'll get, but probably will go back to Winn, especially since they have a new one called the PCI that looks pretty bad-ass... suppossed to play like a cord, but have that great Winn feel and looks.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I am thinking of switching from the Winn Xi7 to either the GP MultiCompound or the new PCi.
Has anyone else had a problem with the paint on the MultiCompound rubbing off rather quickly. Put one (black w/ red) on my 5i to try it out, and after about 20-30 swings my thumbs were pretty black, and the grip looked like it was about 6 months old.
Makes me a little concerned. So I am waiting for my PCi to arrive to try it out and make my decision, for this season.

I use Golf Pride Tour Wraps and am very happy with them. I've been tempted to try a Winn wrap, but I just feel so comfortable with the Golf Prides.

Driver: FT-3 Tour 10.5, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75-S
FW: Insight XTD Pro FP400F 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ FW Stiff
Hybrids: G10 18 / 21, AWT Stiff
Irons: Steelhead X-14 PS 4-A, DG S300
Wedge: Vokey SM58.12Putter: 35" Studio Design 1.5Ball: B330, Z Star X or AD333, or D2 Feel...

Note: This thread is 5354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!