IGNORED

Thief Targets Golfers While They Are On The Course

Note: This thread is 3618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was about ready to bash you and the author for basically laughing at these people, then I actually read the article and saw it was a fox. :-D I've never gotten my golf ball stolen by a fox, but I have had an iguana eat one and a turtle sit on one.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

I've never gotten my golf ball stolen by a fox, but I have had an iguana eat one and a turtle sit on one.

Oh my...lol...thats funny

I wonder where it puts the golf balls; just imagine if you found a borrow filled with dozens of golf balls.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Once i got to the 16th tee at my course and saw a coyote puppy by the bushes to the left.  Well i hooked my ball near him and he pounced on it like a toy.  then he picked it up and ran off with it.

Coolest way to lose a pro v ever!

This actually happened to me the other day at a local municipally run course the other week on the 3rd hole.

A couple of foxes were playing around the green in and around the bunkers. I get out of the cart, grab my putter and 56 degree, both Titleist...

Go for the chip in to 6 feet, so I put down the wedge on the edge of the green, all the while these foxes are watching me. As soon as I address the putt and look up I see one of the foxes go right up to the wedge on the green. I think to myself, "that fox is way too small and harmless looking to do anything to my club...," then smell the clubhead, lick it for taste a few times, then look up at me slyly, then proceed to take the grip in it's mouth and start to dart away for the bushes.

I couldn't believe what was actually happening to me. I can only imagine the amount of Titleist V1 and misc. clubs there are in that creek.

That doesn't surprise me, dogs love golf balls. My own dog used to sniff out my golf balls from my bag. She was just a clever little 10 pound-er and happened to love the balls with the softer covers. Pro V1's have soft covers.... She destroyed about 10 when I was out of town one weekend. When we put her down I tucked a shiny new one under her arm with her, for the road.

I saw this happen to my wife a few years back at the East Potomac Park golf course in DC.  She hits a nice drive down the middle of the fairway and as we are approaching her shot a fox runs out, stands over her ball, looks right at her, then bends down, snags the ball and runs off into the right rough.  My wife starts chasing it, screaming, and wildly swinging her club.  Fox finally drops it into a hole in the ground and darts away.  When we get to the spot we find a hole with about a dozen golf balls in it.  :)

Note: This thread is 3618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!