IGNORED

Gigagolf Golf Clubs

Note: This thread is 942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like 'em! One of my bags..... [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/278263/width/640/height/480][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/278263/width/640/height/480[/IMG][/URL]

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Pro shop at my local course actually keeps some Gigagolf Irons and woods in the shop. He said he's sold a few sets, and people really enjoy them. They also use them as rental clubs. I know one guy who is playing them, and he loves them.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Pro shop at my local course actually keeps some Gigagolf Irons and woods in the shop. He said he's sold a few sets, and people really enjoy them. They also use them as rental clubs. I know one guy who is playing them, and he loves them.

My mistake. I noticed today. Its Goliath Golf my shop has, not gigagolf.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by Brian Fergusson

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApocG10

My mistake. I noticed today. Its Goliath Golf my shop has, not gigagolf.

Had a Goliath driver and cracked it across the face. Have had 3 GigaGolf drivers and haven't cracked any of them.

Last driver I cracked the face on was made of wood. Maybe my club head speed is too low ; (

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Last driver I cracked the face on was made of wood. Maybe my club head speed is too low ; (

Maybe you just haven't shot yours with enough armor piercing rounds yet?

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Maybe you just haven't shot yours with enough armor piercing rounds yet?

I did play a few rounds with Dunlop DDH and Wilson Ultras with my first Callaway - it was a first generation Titanium though and they were built like tanks.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 8 months later...
My first post here so I hope I start off right. I play to a 16 handicap and am fine with that for as much as I play. I have been playing ADAMS A12pro Irons. Saying that, I have not been happy with them right out of the box. I do understand I could have returned them on the shop I bought them 90 day like it or return it. I have always played Callaway Irons and really had my handicap down to a 12 for a year or so until my X20s were stolen from my service truck, hence the need for new clubs. I thought it was time for a change so I liked the feel of the A12s and they are a great set of clubs for a 5 or 6 handicap golfer. A guy I see on the range has a set of GX20 Gigagolf clubs and I asked him if I could hit his 7 iron. It was like I had played that club a long time. His are set up 1/2" long and 3 up. My clubs are 1/2 long and 2 up. Long story short, I bought a set of used GX20s from gigagolf and played them today for the first time. I shot 83 which is my forth lowest score ever. I only had time to hit half a small bucket before my round. I will reserve my complete support for a few rounds as I did drive the ball very well today and putted better than normal. Gigagolf is not a low dollar POS golf club by any means. I hit the 4 iron longer than my A12 and I have a natural fade. Today I was straighter and had a slight draw. I truly hit only 2 bad shots, a skull ball from 30 feet out and an approach beaver pelt from 120 with a 9 iron. Even the bad shots were not as bad as with the 6 times more expensive name brand irons. I am playing Painted Desert in the morning and my best score their is 89, we will see what happens. I personally do care very much about how and where things I use are made, but look closely at all the major brands, they to do a little cloning of their own. Jim
  • Upvote 1

My first post here so I hope I start off right. I play to a 16 handicap and am fine with that for as much as I play. I have been playing ADAMS A12pro Irons. Saying that, I have not been happy with them right out of the box. I do understand I could have returned them on the shop I bought them 90 day like it or return it. I have always played Callaway Irons and really had my handicap down to a 12 for a year or so until my X20s were stolen from my service truck, hence the need for new clubs. I thought it was time for a change so I liked the feel of the A12s and they are a great set of clubs for a 5 or 6 handicap golfer. A guy I see on the range has a set of GX20 Gigagolf clubs and I asked him if I could hit his 7 iron. It was like I had played that club a long time. His are set up 1/2" long and 3 up. My clubs are 1/2 long and 2 up. Long story short, I bought a set of used GX20s from gigagolf and played them today for the first time. I shot 83 which is my forth lowest score ever. I only had time to hit half a small bucket before my round. I will reserve my complete support for a few rounds as I did drive the ball very well today and putted better than normal. Gigagolf is not a low dollar POS golf club by any means. I hit the 4 iron longer than my A12 and I have a natural fade. Today I was straighter and had a slight draw. I truly hit only 2 bad shots, a skull ball from 30 feet out and an approach beaver pelt from 120 with a 9 iron. Even the bad shots were not as bad as with the 6 times more expensive name brand irons. I am playing Painted Desert in the morning and my best score their is 89, we will see what happens. I personally do care very much about how and where things I use are made, but look closely at all the major brands, they to do a little cloning of their own. Jim

NICE!

-Landon

Has anyone tried the GG forged cavity back irons? I have some irons and the forged wedges from them and love them. Gone from a 17 to a 3 handicap in about two years and was looking at moving to the pursuit cavity irons because I like the custom fit and price from GG. Also as a former club maker I can see the time and effort they put into building their clubs. And it's fun beating people with $1000 bags with my apparent "fake" clubs. I like that you can work with their club builder to get exactly what you want too.
  • Upvote 1

Round got blown out yesterday, so we played this morning. I have played Painted Desert 4 times and my best score was 89. I played lights out with my GX920 Irons I bought from the pre owned section of their website. Why? I really want to believe that there is something wrong with these clubs. I paid just over one hundred dollars for a set from 4-SW. I drove the ball wel, but putted like crap!!!! My irons played absolutely flawlessly, PERIOD!!!!! Missing 3 birdie Puttsts and an eagle putt and I still ended up shooting 85. That score would have been a 79 or 78 if I could have made some of the putts that I missed. I can say the GX920 irons saved my day. I hit one shot that would have been right and short with my A12 Pros, today it was within 4 feet and here it comes missed the putt and 3 putter the green for a double. I will say I enjoyed today more than I have a round of golf in while now. I had confidence in my Iron Shots. I will play these for a while and then order a new set from Gigagolf. Jim

Good on you! Giga makes some fine equipment. Just goes to show you that just because it costs more doesn't make it better. Sounds to me like you had a swing going too because no iron, driver etc. can mask a bad swing. There are no miracles. Believe me, I've looked.

-Landon

Anyone see their new pursuit fairways and hybrids coming out? They look good with the speed slots. Also if anyone has a pursuit tc420 laying around in their garage I'd be willing to buy it!

Reading this thread from start to finish. Thanks for whoever bumped it - as I've never even heard of this company. I always thought that a set of clubs custom-made to your specific swing specifications would be better than your typical buying off the shelf brands.

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Reading this thread from start to finish. Thanks for whoever bumped it - as I've never even heard of this company. I always thought that a set of clubs custom-made to your specific swing specifications would be better than your typical buying off the shelf brands.

you can get fitted for any brand of club......

and i'd just like to add that of course pros play the manufacturer of clubs that sponsor them.  you guys are on crack if you think their competitiveness is more important than their paycheck.  would you do your job for free, or at least for free until the end of the year when you MAYBE get a bonus?  that's guys on Tour...without sponsorship they aren't making any guaranteed money unless they win or get in a money winning position.

• 2 months later...
Update Guys Thanks for those of you that gave advice. I ordered the Gigagolf GX 944 Irons, 5 to GW in the True Temper Feather Flight shaft in X flex. X Flex is between stiff and regular. I also ordered there 3 & 4 TRX Hybrid. Their TRX 3 ,5 & 7 fairway woods and the TRX driver all with the HDX 70 shafts in stilff 1/2" long. All I can say is I have NEVER, NEVER stepped up to a tee box or to a specific shot and had more confidence. I paid in total $530 for the entire set. In comparison I spent 700 on my R11 and Adams 3 wood ALONE. For what??? So I could go hiking in the trees and woods chasing my balls all over? My scores are down from a struggling 88 to 95 to my last 3 round average of 82, and an 82 average that had a 79 in it. I know some will call BS because they feel that Gigagolf is only knockoffs.

Sorry hit the wrong button. I do not see any club that resembles the 944. The shafts are made for gigagolf and they work. The bottom line is you can pay $1300+ for a name and still shoot 90, or 500 and see if you can prove Gigagolf wrong. My R11 was always right no matter what I did adjustment wise and distance was 254 average on my Garmin. Sure a couple of 215 yard shots and some 290 shots. But they were everywhere and always right. My TRX is more than not down the middle and if the Indian shoots the arrow correctly I can Draw the ball. Long post short. Order a 7 iron or Driver from their pre owned inventory. You will order a new set like I did. Have fun Life is short. Don't leave your putt that way. Jim

Sorry hit the wrong button. I do not see any club that resembles the 944. The shafts are made for gigagolf and they work. The bottom line is you can pay $1300+ for a name and still shoot 90, or 500 and see if you can prove Gigagolf wrong. My R11 was always right no matter what I did adjustment wise and distance was 254 average on my Garmin. Sure a couple of 215 yard shots and some 290 shots. But they were everywhere and always right. My TRX is more than not down the middle and if the Indian shoots the arrow correctly I can Draw the ball. Long post short. Order a 7 iron or Driver from their pre owned inventory. You will order a new set like I did. Have fun Life is short. Don't leave your putt that way. Jim

Note: This thread is 942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!