IGNORED

2011 RBC Canadian Open

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Loved the glass of coke in full camera view while John Daly was playing his approach shot. Also got him carrying the glass on walk down the fairway.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Glad to see John Daly playing well again. Three holes left and he might have his first top-10 finish since October 2005. Hopefully this is the beginning of his return to being a tour member! I remember saying that about David Duval twice in the past two or so years too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Well, it looks like Daly secured that top-10 finish; good for him, though he definitely could've placed higher. Too bad for Romero, too; tied for the lead going into 18 and bogeys it.

Gotta say, I wasn't expecting 4-under-par to be the score to beat.

-Rich

Originally Posted by motteler621

yep. I think the bad thing for Tiger being with Foley is he will be playing golf swing instead of golf.

I think you're right, but I'm not sure if O'Hair's win is necessarily an indictment of Foley. Now if Mahan leaves then starts living up to his potential, then we might be on to something.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I think you're right, but I'm not sure if O'Hair's win is necessarily an indictment of Foley. Now if Mahan leaves then starts living up to his potential, then we might be on to something.

I didn't watch much of the Canadian. Saw some deep rough on Thursday and that was about it.

I'm seeing a trend I'm not particularly cool with regarding Sean Foley. I'll keep a lot of it to myself, having seen a fair amount of it in person, but I will put this out there for discussion: Foley's first changes are to a student's backswing. These golfers improve quite a bit and can play some good golf. But then they start to need help with the downswing and that's when Sean's out of his depth. I don't think he understands the downswing as well as he should. Tiger swinging +10 in Dubai should never happen. O'Hair not being able to stop wiping the golf ball should never happen. Justin Rose being told to straighten his right arm faster when his path is too far right should never really happen.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Granted we weren't watching the greatest players in the game in the final round, but that course looked like it was playing tougher than Congressional. Perhaps the Canadian Open will play host to the toughest courses in golf?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Agree, the course looked to play markedly more difficult than Congressional. Regarding the Canadian Open--don't think I've watched a tournament with so many players shooting wildly different day to day scores on the same course without a significant change in the weather.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by sean_miller

i agree. Although they better not change Mahans follow through. I swear I get better just watching it.

Went to the 3rd round of RBC Canadian open and had a blast. It was my first time for to a PGA event and highly recommend going to one if you haven't gone yet. Here is a list of things that I noticed.

-Fairways were rock hard. I think I would be able to pump my drives to 270

-John Daly, fun guy to watch.  Takes driver even if the fairway is as narrow as a doorway. Crowds loved him

-Kevin Na, he hit some horrible shots. Even topped a tee shot.  But it was unbelievable he recovered and still got par.

-Ben Crane, couldn't watch him, almost unbearable

-Geoff Ogilvy really tall, he hit it far but his irons didn't sound as crisp as I would of thought.

-Fowler, small guy but hits it long.

-The guys are all LONG and accurate. Make the game look so easy. 150yds and in they have at worst a 10ft putt

Tour Burner 9.5 Aldila NV65R
MP-57 3-PW R300
588 SW 54
588 LW 60

I have to say that this was one of the most entertaining PGA tournaments I have seen this year...plus, it is always good to see a traditional solid Pacific Northwest course hold up so well.

Tough finish for Kris Blanks, but he should take a lot of positives away from this week (not to mention a few dollars).

Great to see Sean O'Hair back in the winner's circle....this game can be brutal at times.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Originally Posted by MSchumacher

-The guys are all LONG and accurate. Make the game look so easy. 150yds and in they have at worst a 10ft putt

Ballstriking is certainly the eye opening experience when watching the pro's up close!

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by BallStriker

I have to say that this was one of the most entertaining PGA tournaments I have seen this year...plus, it is always good to see a traditional solid Pacific Northwest course hold up so well.

Tough finish for Kris Blanks, but he should take a lot of positives away from this week (not to mention a few dollars).

Great to see Sean O'Hair back in the winner's circle....this game can be brutal at times.

Technically it was a Pacific Southwest course.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!