IGNORED

Confirmed: Tiger and Stevie split

rebby
Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by deasy55

"Following the completion of the AT&T; National I am no longer caddying for Tiger after he informed me that he needed to make a change. After 13 years of loyal service needless to say this came as a shock. Given the circumstances of the past 18 months working through Tiger's scandal, a new coach and with it a major swing change and Tiger battling through injuries I am very disappointed to end our very successful partnership at this time. I have had the opportunity to work of late for Australian Adam Scott and will now caddy for him on a permanent basis. Having started my caddying career with Australian great Peter Thompson and working for Greg Norman in the 80's I am excited about the future working for another Australian."

Ohhhh cry me a river. Stevie is going to write a book and make millions off of it, not to mention the millions and millions he made off of Tiger in the past decade+.

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by deasy55

If Tiger can get Fanny Sunesson off Stenson somehow it would be the greatest decision Tiger ever made. She's the best caddy out there in my mind. She also is a mind coach and I think most of Tiger's problems at the moment are mental.

Well, we do know that Tiger is pretty keen on fanny in general.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If Tiger can get Fanny Sunesson off Stenson somehow it would be the greatest decision Tiger ever made. She's the best caddy out there in my mind. She also is a mind coach and I think most of Tiger's problems at the moment are mental.

I hope not. Stenson is one of my favorite golfers. If Fanny is a good mental coach, maybe she can help Stenson with the driver yips. Stevie has been extremely loyal to Tiger. Tiger is very fortunate to have had Stevie as a friend and caddy. Stevie, at one point, was the highest paid professional "athlete" in New Zealand--mostly from the caddy percentage of Tiger's tournament wins. I'm certain Tiger understands that Stevie has to carry the bag for someone to pay the bills. Tiger will be lucky to find someone as loyal and compatible as Stevie; but, Tiger needs to start over with a clean slate.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I love it. For as long as I can remember, I cannot stand Stevie. He is a pompous a$$ who tried way too hard to make himself a celebrity in Tiger's spotlight. You're a caddy , not the star athlete. Not to mention how many ignorant comments hes made over the years. I'll never forget when he made the comments about Phil a couple years ago saying he was an a hole and how he couldn't stand him. And Phil's response, "I'm just really glad I have such a class act as Bones on my bag." Haha way to be Phil!

Then not to mention how hes the only caddy on tour who takes his bib off while walking up to the 18th green so he can get his beloved valvoline sponsorship visible for everyone to see.

I'm sure this doesn't bother everyone but it just completely gets on my nerves!

Tiger, find yourself a class act to carry the bag!

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

Stevie is no doubt the best caddy on the Tour right now, and possibly one of the best of all-time.

You're doing it again.
"best" Says who? Why, because he caddied for one of the best players? And is an arrogant and self important thug?

"no doubt" Oh really?  Why is that?

"all time" See above. You have made a detailed study of caddies over the last 100 years, have you? What about Bruce Edwards, what about Fanny Sunnesen, Angelo Argea, Tip Anderson, Jim Mackay and perhaps a thousand others?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

First wise move Tiger has made in a while.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

In the end, I think that this will help Tiger. IMHO, he needs to mix up his "inner circle" a bit to bring about real changes.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Tiger may well be giving Billy Foster a call. Caddy of the year last year two years ago, and he's stood in for Williams before, so obviously he and Tiger know each other. I know Westwood's a big name and all, but if Tiger called, I'd be going.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Originally Posted by uttexas

Stevie, at one point, was the highest paid professional "athlete" in New Zealand--mostly from the caddy percentage of Tiger's tournament wins.

which just proves how overpaid--way overpaid some of these caddies are.

Originally Posted by mck

which just proves how overpaid--way overpaid some of these caddies are.

That, and athletes in NZ don't make as much money as other countries ( or never used to ). Our biggest sports and rugby and cricket, which can not compete with NFL and Baseball for salaries. Sadly, a lot of our rugby and cricket players go overseas to India and Europe to play where they can make A LOT more

Danny Lee was at one point NZ's best paid athlete - that shows you what kinda money the rest of them make

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Tiger is lost and he's looking for something to snap him out of his funk and get him back on track.  Stevie probably knows Tiger too well and said some things that Tiger didn't want to hear which resulted in his termination.  I never was a big fan of Stevie as others said, the caddie shouldn't fight his golfer for the spotlight.  Tiger needs to get back to golf and stop with all the drama.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Tiger is lost and he's looking for something to snap him out of his funk and get him back on track.  Stevie probably knows Tiger too well and said some things that Tiger didn't want to hear which resulted in his termination.  I never was a big fan of Stevie as others said, the caddie shouldn't fight his golfer for the spotlight.  Tiger needs to get back to golf and stop with all the drama.

I don't think Stevie ever intended to fight Tiger for the spotlight...he just stood up for Tiger always. A camera clicked during his swing, he demanded the man put the camera down. He tossed a camera into the water. He was Tiger's bodyguard. He was the first person to celebrate with Tiger and Tiger loved him. There's no doubt that Stevie got a lot of recognition, but in my opinion it's because he was so good and cared about Tiger's results so much.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

Quite frankly,I think Tiger is doing Stevie a favor.I know you Tiger fans don't want to hear this,but Tiger as major health issues with his legs and bigger issues with his swing.I have said this since he went to Hank,his swing got really,really,really screwed up.Now it's in his head and I am really beginnig to believe he may be done as we knew him.He could prove me wrong,and I hope he does,he's fun to watch when he's on his game,but I am at a point where I don't think he'll get back the game he once had.I think he thinks enough of Stevie to let him go because he knows if he can get some form of a game back,it's gonna be awhile and I thinks this speaks volumes.

Originally Posted by Joe Mcc 69

Quite frankly,I think Tiger is doing Stevie a favor.I know you Tiger fans don't want to hear this,but Tiger as major health issues with his legs and bigger issues with his swing.I have said this since he went to Hank,his swing got really,really,really screwed up.Now it's in his head and I am really beginnig to believe he may be done as we knew him.He could prove me wrong,and I hope he does,he's fun to watch when he's on his game,but I am at a point where I don't think he'll get back the game he once had.I think he thinks enough of Stevie to let him go because he knows if he can get some form of a game back,it's gonna be awhile and I thinks this speaks volumes.

I agree. I don't think Tiger will ever be as good as he used to be, but I do think he will win tournaments and majors in the future, as long as his knee holds up. He was really, really good with Hank...but you're right...that swing killed his knee. The new Foley swing is good, but still puts pressure on that left knee.

I don't know. I just hope he hires someone decent as his caddy. He played pretty well at the Masters, so that means his game is close to turning on. As long as he can stay healthy, I think he'll have a decent future.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

Quite frankly,I think Tiger is doing Stevie a favor.I know you Tiger fans don't want to hear this,but Tiger as major health issues with his legs and bigger issues with his swing.

My first thoughts were along those lines, which was why Stevie's harsh-ish reaction was kind of odd. Now Stevie and caddy for Adam Scott or whoever he wants and not have to worry if and when Tiger is going to play. He can probably get a more full season in if he wants too.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I agree, Stevies statement doesn't read like a guy who's boss did him a favor by letting him go.  His word selection leads me to believe he was kicked to the curb and isn't all that happy about it.  He might hook up with another golfer but short of a handful of golfers out there today none are going to get him the tv time carrying the bag for Tiger did.  I wonder how long it will take for him to come out with a tell-all book or interview article of what really happened that Thanksgiving day.

Originally Posted by jamo

My first thoughts were along those lines, which was why Stevie's harsh-ish reaction was kind of odd. Now Stevie and caddy for Adam Scott or whoever he wants and not have to worry if and when Tiger is going to play. He can probably get a more full season in if he wants too.

Joe Paradiso

It wont.

Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

Stevie would have loved to be on Tiger's bag for that 19th major win...if it ever happens.

Tiger made Williams. If Tiger gets his game back, he will make the next caddie.

Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!